Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the religious graphics removed, and essentially, traditional elements removed. Our discussion threads are moved to common areas, losing the perspective we bring and sending us into the world of people who have not come from the same society we came from. The men are continually told that the ladies want us to live and pursue according to the societal norms we grew up with, but we are trying to apply all that to long distance, Internet dating.

We have seen time and again that many of the people under 40 are very comfortable with the role reversals that help this system work and they generally don’t mind the weakening of the Catholic identity of this site. (Undoubtedly someone will tell us the identity has not been weakened, regardless of what many of us have said.) It is usually the older women who say the guys are wrong and don’t know what they want the older guys who complain that the women don’t know what THEY want.

So my question is this: Do people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world?

08/31/2012 new

Yes, if only to p*** off the youngsters.

08/31/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Yes, if only to p*** off the youngsters.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

--hide--
A noble goal, Lina..... laughing

08/31/2012 new

--hide--

sounds good to me.
08/31/2012 new

you ask a good question John.

I believe that people over 55 belong in the Internet dating world. It seems to be the way many people meet now.
but I am starting to believe that people over 55 do not belong on CM for all the reasons you state so clearly.

I frankly am saddened and appalled by the changes that have been made to the site and the removal of the Saint icons was really the last straw for me. As you state, I do not feel wanted here anymore.

(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the sain...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names removed, the religious graphics removed, and essentially, traditional elements removed. Our discussion threads are moved to common areas, losing the perspective we bring and sending us into the world of people who have not come from the same society we came from. The men are continually told that the ladies want us to live and pursue according to the societal norms we grew up with, but we are trying to apply all that to long distance, Internet dating.

We have seen time and again that many of the people under 40 are very comfortable with the role reversals that help this system work and they generally don’t mind the weakening of the Catholic identity of this site. (Undoubtedly someone will tell us the identity has not been weakened, regardless of what many of us have said.) It is usually the older women who say the guys are wrong and don’t know what they want the older guys who complain that the women don’t know what THEY want.

--hide--

08/31/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Changes are being made here that tell me our presence is not wanted. We have seen the saints names...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

--hide--
We (really don't Need) the "INTERNET DATING WORLD" But (seriouly) It comes in handy to either meet somebody; or just to relax and seeprofiles & read threads etc. as for me its sort of excape from the real world for a while; However John i do AGREE WITH YOU!! ABOUT THESE CHANGES THAT "CM" HAS Made AND IS GOING TO MAKE ON THIS SITE; My opinion is: That (maybe) Its a Generation Gap or something; ( i don't get it) or maybe its were all from the "Old School" of seeing things; And there from the (new school) of oh well "get with the times" attitude etc. I don't know that's my opinion Take care Mike "peace"!!

08/31/2012 new

--hide--

laughing Lina, that reminds me of a time when one of the young 'uns made a comment in their (young 'un) room about how they didn't like us elders coming in to respond (or something along those lines). Survey says......enghhhhhh (buzzer sound). NOT the right thing to say (or tempt us elders with). Boy, you should have seen how many of us jumped into that thread, just making silly comments, yucking it up...that was until one of our own told us to stop teasing the youngsters and to grab our canes & walkers and get back onto the (retirement) bus. laughing Might have been a record breaker for "quickest thread to reach 200 posts" in that room.

08/31/2012 new

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing wink

08/31/2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Lina, that reminds me of a time when one of the young 'uns made a comment in their (y...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Lina, that reminds me of a time when one of the young 'uns made a comment in their (young 'un) room about how they didn't like us elders coming in to respond (or something along those lines). Survey says......enghhhhhh (buzzer sound). NOT the right thing to say (or tempt us elders with). Boy, you should have seen how many of us jumped into that thread, just making silly comments, yucking it up...that was until one of our own told us to stop teasing the youngsters and to grab our canes & walkers and get back onto the (retirement) bus. Might have been a record breaker for "quickest thread to reach 200 posts" in that room.

--hide--

That happened quite awhile ago....maybe a good 1 1/2 or 2 years. It sure was a good time though......

08/31/2012 new

Yes, we belong here! We need each other's example and wisdom (hopefully). The young(er) crowd need it the most, although they are generally aware of it least. We need to continue here for ourselves and others. And "yes, if only to p..."!

Posts 1 - 10 of 162