Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

It never occured to me that I might run across profiles that say," I am not Catholic". I have seen this at least twice now and was very surprised. Are Non Catholic Men allowed on this site, who are persuing a Catholic woman? I was here thinking I would be communicating with Catholic men only.
I am Not talking about men in the" process of becoming Catholic," either, I mean Non-Catholics!
I need some clarification on the rules!
Thank you

09/10/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: It never occured to me that I might run across profiles that say," I am not Catholic". I have ...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

It never occured to me that I might run across profiles that say," I am not Catholic". I have seen this at least twice now and was very surprised. Are Non Catholic Men allowed on this site, who are persuing a Catholic woman? I was here thinking I would be communicating with Catholic men only.
I am Not talking about men in the" process of becoming Catholic," either, I mean Non-Catholics!
I need some clarification on the rules!
Thank you

--hide--

The only membership restrictions are minimum age of 18 years and not legally married.

Perhaps the non-Catholics are here to learn more about the faith, for Christian fellowship, or perhaps they are open to a Catholic spouse.

As long as they clearly indicate their status in the profile, what is the concern?

09/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The only membership restrictions are minimum age of 18 years and not legally married....
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

The only membership restrictions are minimum age of 18 years and not legally married.

Perhaps the non-Catholics are here to learn more about the faith, for Christian fellowship, or perhaps they are open to a Catholic spouse.

As long as they clearly indicate their status in the profile, what is the concern?

--hide--
Its just not something I was expecting to see and I was surprised. Just wanted to ask.

09/10/2012 new

Our policy thus far has been this: if someone is open to or actively pursuing a conversion to Catholicism, they're free to be here. If someone is openly antagonistic to the Faith, it's not something we're going to suffer long. This is first and foremost a site to assist Catholics in their faith and in their pursuit of the married vocation. If that description doesn't fit someone, I'm sure they will be able to find a website that caters to their specific needs.

09/12/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Our policy thus far has been this: if someone is open to or actively pursuing a conversion to Cat...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

Our policy thus far has been this: if someone is open to or actively pursuing a conversion to Catholicism, they're free to be here. If someone is openly antagonistic to the Faith, it's not something we're going to suffer long. This is first and foremost a site to assist Catholics in their faith and in their pursuit of the married vocation. If that description doesn't fit someone, I'm sure they will be able to find a website that caters to their specific needs.

--hide--
I don't think they care as long as your money is good!

09/12/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-890299 said: I don't think they care as long as your money is good!
(Quote) Joe-890299 said:

--hide--

Au contraire! We're actually rather stingy!

09/13/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Au contraire! We're actually rather stingy!

--hide--

Perhaps "protective" would be a more accurate word? smile

09/13/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-890299 said: I don't think they care as long as your money is good!
(Quote) Joe-890299 said:

--hide--

Welcome to the forums and CM, Joe!! wave I hope you will enjoy the community here as you seek a Godly woman with whom to share life! theheart

In the years I've been on and off this site, they have never failed to guide me in the right direction, help me with my questions, and on several occasions protect me from scammers and inappropriate contacts. You get a Gold Star!

09/13/2012 new

(Quote) Missy-358855 said: (Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Au contraire! We're actually rather stingy!...
(Quote) Missy-358855 said:

Quote:
Nathan-48443 said:

[/quote]

Perhaps "protective" would be a more accurate word?

[quote]Missy-358855 said:

In the years I've been on and off this site, they have never failed to guide me in the right direction, help me with my questions, and on several occasions protect me from scammers and inappropriate contacts.

--hide--

I couldn't agree with you more Missy. I love CM for those reasons too, but also because I have learned so much and grown in my Faith from being on here.

09/13/2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: (Quote) Joe-890299 said: I don't think they care as long as your money...

Quote:
Joe-890299 said:

--hide--

Nathan,

I guess some feel since this is a Catholic site, your services should be free. I don't know about others but when I was working for an employer, I could not have gotten by in life by working for free.

If you run across a person discerning whether to join our faith and it is not in your comfort zone - then just don't go there.

One other item not related to this thread - I read where for some, this site is to blame for not being to find a date or partner. Sometimes, we need to look into our inner selves and see where the problem really lies. If I never find someone to marry from this site, it will be my fault and not that of CM. Their only role is to provide and manage the resources. What we do with those resources depends on us.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Posts 1 - 10 of 22