Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Sometimes we need a reminder.

Sep 10th 2012 new

I been listening to DR scott hahn talk about confession for the past hour and keep find myself with tears in my eyes. Some times we need reminders how imporant a secarment of our faith is.

youtu.be

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Chris-555725 said: I been listening to DR scott hahn talk about confession for the past hour and keep find myself wi...
(Quote) Chris-555725 said:

I been listening to DR scott hahn talk about confession for the past hour and keep find myself with tears in my eyes. Some times we need reminders how imporant a secarment of our faith is.

youtu.be

--hide--

Thank you. We DO need thsi reminder. Confession is a very powerful sacrament and can change our hearts and could even change the world!
Confession is as powerful as an exorcism IMHO.

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Chris-555725 said: I been listening to DR scott hahn talk about confession for the past hour and keep find myself wi...
(Quote) Chris-555725 said:

youtu.be

--hide--
Amen to that, Chris!!!

It's amazing that so many people will pour out their innermost thoughts, feelings, and actions to a therapist (a complete stranger in the beginning), yet they are reluctant to visit the confessional periodically. They'll also dish out co-pays, or pay for the consultations themselves. "No Cost Therapy" signs in our Churches might help.

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Thank you. We DO need thsi reminder. Confession is a very powerful sacrament and can chan...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Thank you. We DO need thsi reminder. Confession is a very powerful sacrament and can change our hearts and could even change the world!

--hide--
Yes, we do, Marian.

People can compare going to confession to visiting their dentist. We're afraid to go; it might hurt a little bit, but don't we feel so much better afterward? scratchchin

Sep 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Thank you. We DO need thsi reminder. Conf...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Yes, we do, Marian.

People can compare going to confession to visiting their dentist. We're afraid to go; it might hurt a little bit, but don't we feel so much better afterward?

--hide--

It is free. We can go weekly if we want. Again for free. It is powerful. It is clearing your mind and heart of many things that weigh you down and keep you from growing closer to God. It is an encounter with the living Christ. Going often to confession is utilizing and growing in another aspect of knowing Christ. I believe it can make changes in us more quickly than anything.

Sep 16th 2012 new

I generally go weekly, no more than every two weeks. Someone asked me why I go so often. The better question is why wouldn't I? What's harder, swallowing pride - which we are not supposed to be carrying around, or letting go of what is weighing us down? Living in Baptist land, I regularly get the lecture, "I don't need that. I confess directly to God." I feel sorry for them. They will never hear the voice saying you are forgiven.

A lot is expected of us, as catholics, as much is given to us. Great topic Chris!! heart

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I generally go weekly, no more than every two weeks. Someone asked me why I go so often. The ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I generally go weekly, no more than every two weeks. Someone asked me why I go so often. The better question is why wouldn't I? What's harder, swallowing pride - which we are not supposed to be carrying around, or letting go of what is weighing us down? Living in Baptist land, I regularly get the lecture, "I don't need that. I confess directly to God." I feel sorry for them. They will never hear the voice saying you are forgiven.

A lot is expected of us, as catholics, as much is given to us. Great topic Chris!!

--hide--

Ditto AnneMarie! Those Protestants miss the point.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7