Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I just read an article online that there are a group of priests and people that gather on the steps of the Capitol Bldg. in Wisconsin on Thursday evenings to pray for Romney and Ryan and their families. And, of course, this is being attacked by atheists.

I am so very concerned about what will happen to our country if Romney and Ryan don't win the election, and truly I don't know anything better to do than to start praying for them. And so, I thought that perhaps as a Catholic Match community we could individually pray for Romney and Ryan and the success of their campaign and their election victory, but all do this on Thursday nights at the same time if possible (for wherever 2 or more are gathered in my name ...).

So, if anyone would like to join me, I plan to pray on Thursday nights for this intention at 9PM Central Time (for roughly 20 minutes). That would be 10PM Eastern Time, 9PM Central Time, 8PM Mountain Time and 7PM Pacific Time (if you can fit it into your schedule). This would be for the next 8 weeks until the election.

We could post some prayers on this thread during the week - perhaps to St. Thomas More, St. Jude, Our Lady of the Nation, the Holy Spirit, etc.

As a group of committed Catholics we know the power of prayer. Let us ask Jesus to look kindly on Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan and the Holy Spirit to guide them in their election campaign and debates.

We trust in Your Mercy, Jesus. theheart rose Praying

09/10/2012 new

Praying rosary theheart Dove

09/10/2012 new

Praying Praying rosary rosary

Mother Mary and myself will be praying with you..

09/10/2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I just read an article online that there are a group of priests and people that gather on the steps of the Ca...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I just read an article online that there are a group of priests and people that gather on the steps of the Capitol Bldg. in Wisconsin on Thursday evenings to pray for Romney and Ryan and their families. And, of course, this is being attacked by atheists.

I am so very concerned about what will happen to our country if Romney and Ryan don't win the election, and truly I don't know anything better to do than to start praying for them. And so, I thought that perhaps as a Catholic Match community we could individually pray for Romney and Ryan and the success of their campaign and their election victory, but all do this on Thursday nights at the same time if possible (for wherever 2 or more are gathered in my name ...).

So, if anyone would like to join me, I plan to pray on Thursday nights for this intention at 9PM Central Time (for roughly 20 minutes). That would be 10PM Eastern Time, 9PM Central Time, 8PM Mountain Time and 7PM Pacific Time (if you can fit it into your schedule). This would be for the next 8 weeks until the election.

We could post some prayers on this thread during the week - perhaps to St. Thomas More, St. Jude, Our Lady of the Nation, the Holy Spirit, etc.

As a group of committed Catholics we know the power of prayer. Let us ask Jesus to look kindly on Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan and the Holy Spirit to guide them in their election campaign and debates.

We trust in Your Mercy, Jesus.

--hide--

Praying
09/10/2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

--hide--

My church has a Wednesday evening rosary at eight pm central time for the elections.
09/10/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I just read an article online that there are a group of priests and people that gather on the s...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

We trust in Your Mercy, Jesus.

--hide--

I love this!! THANK YOU Patricia!!!

09/10/2012 new

United States Flag Praying

09/10/2012 new

PRAYER FOR FIRST DAY OF NOVENA TO ST. THOMAS MORE

Dear St. Thomas More, in your earthly life, you were a model of prudence. You never thrust yourself rashly into any serious undertaking; instead, you tested the strength of your power and waited on God's will in prayer and penance, then boldly carried it out without hesitation. Through your prayers and intercession, obtain for us the virtues of patience, prudence, wisdom and courage.

Our Father . . .
Hail Mary . . .
Glory Be . . .

Glorious St. Thomas More, I beg you to take up our cause, confident that you will advocate for us before God's Throne with the same zeal and diligence that marked your career on earth. If it be in accord with God's will, obtain for us the favor we seek, namely ___________________.

Pray for us, O Blessed St. Thomas More.
That we may faithfully follow you on the hard road that leads to the narrow gate of eternal life.

(I will post one day of this novena each week until all nine days are posted in this thread.)

09/10/2012 new

What a great idea Patricia, thank you for posting the prayers.

09/11/2012 new

Thank you Mercy, Kat, Brenda, Marian, Adrienne, and MaryAnne for joining in these prayers. I'm hoping we're creating a virtual prayer group for Thursday night!

Posts 1 - 10 of 166