Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

09/11/2012 new

I love a neat mustache, fu manchu mustache, goatee or beard. But I can't stand that 1 or 2 day beard that a lot of women think is sexy on men. I can't help it, I think it looks dirty and unkempt.

09/11/2012 new

I've read several profile, both here at CM and other dating sites that want clean shaven men. I think it is a reaction to all the men who joined the armed forces after 9/11.

The same thing happened after WW1. Till then, most men wore beards and people didn't think a doctor had much experience unless he wore a beard. After then, you will see no presidential politicians with facial hair.

Facial hair came back in vogue after Vietnam as a revolt against the military by the anti-war hippie generation .

For myself, if you had all those bad jokes told about you, you wouldn't want to be recongnized either.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

09/11/2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: I love a neat mustache, fu manchu mustache, goatee or beard. But I can't stand that 1 or 2 ...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

I love a neat mustache, fu manchu mustache, goatee or beard. But I can't stand that 1 or 2 day beard that a lot of women think is sexy on men. I can't help it, I think it looks dirty and unkempt.

--hide--

biggrin

09/11/2012 new
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

--hide--

I don't give it much thought, but I guess I don't care too much for beards.

Now a mustache, that is cool.
09/11/2012 new
Also the 2 to 3 day unshaven look is a little sexy.
09/12/2012 new

HI: I AM RESPONDING TO YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT MEN WITH FACIAL HAIR AND YOU MENTIONED THAT "HE ALWAYS LOOKED GOOD."

WAS THAT TOM SELLECK THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I KNOW HE ALWAYS LOOKED GREAT WTH THAT SHARP MUSTACHE.

I DID HAVE A BEARD A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT WAS OK BUT IT REQUIRED SO MUCH MAINTENANCE IN KEEPING IT LOOKING GOOD.

ALTHOUGH THE HAIR ON MY HEAD WAS BLACK, MY BEARD WAS "SALT AND PEPPER." THIS WAS A FORECAST OF TIMES TO COME

BECAUSE I STARTED A NEW BEARD A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT WAS ALL GREY! I DID NOT LIKE THAT BUT MY WIFE SAID THAT IT LOOKED

"DISTINGUISHED." HOWEVER, I DECIDED THAT THE BEST WAY TO GO WAS TO DYE MY BEARD BLACK TO MATCH MY HAIR COLOR. I THOUGHT

I LOOKED PRETTY SHARP IN A FEW PHOTOS WE TOOK THAT DAY. IS VANITY NOT JUST FOR THE LADIES BUT MEN ALSO. RIGHT NOW I HAVE

NO BEARD AND MY HAIR IS STARTING TO TURN VERY GRAY AND I THINK IT IS SOMEWHAT PREMATURE BUT SO BE IT.

BOB

09/12/2012 new

(Quote) Patti-64264 said: Loved Grizzly Adams
(Quote) Patti-64264 said:

Loved Grizzly Adams

--hide--

I always thought he was sexy but see, there I go again :)

09/12/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Everyone I know and love has that white sprinkled through. We've earned it!!!
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Everyone I know and love has that white sprinkled through. We've earned it!!!

--hide--

I really like the gray mixed in...that looks very distinguished.

09/12/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: I always thought he was sexy but see, there I go again :)
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

I always thought he was sexy but see, there I go again :)

--hide--

I just have this image of a lumberjack looking type coming home to our cabin in the woods saying, "Hi beautiful what's for dinner?" Yeah that's the ticket.

09/13/2012 new

I'm one of those women who finds facial hair on a man "VERY SEXY"!! Yep, I said SEXY!!! faint

There's just something so masculine and MANLY about a nice beard, mustache, or goatee. If he has some lovely silver sprinkled in, all the better.

Just tells me the man is confident and secure in himself. No fancy dyes for him. heart

By the way, there's something very sensual about helping your man groom him facial hair. heartbeat

p.s. for the guys.....hair conditioner really softens the facial hair. Makes for smooth snuggling. wink

Posts 31 - 40 of 123