Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Calling all Soup Junkies

Sep 14th 2012 new

I must confess I am a Soup Junkie. I am addicted to soups, stews, chowders and chile. When ever I make the stuff I make certain to make a big pot so I can have leftovers for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. While others crave meat and potatoes, I yearn for soup. Soup is my soul food. Paula Deens favorite kitchen utensil may be the deep fat fryer, mine is the soup pot. While I adore the aroma of all the different soups that can be made my favorite soup is chicken noodle, homemade of course. What is your favorite soup, stew, chowder, or chili.

Sep 14th 2012 new
Every autumn I say, "I will make many soups this season." And I have failed myself, but I still will try try try.

Soups are so hearty, heart-warming and nourishing, and they don't have to be noisy.

I have a good corn chowder recipe, as well as spicy tomato soup, and a Cowboy Beef Stew that many find delish.

I have many many more recipes to try out.
Sep 14th 2012 new
Super Simple Cheesy Hashbrown Potato Soup

1 large bag frozen Hash browns - shredded or cubed kind

32 ounces Chicken stock (I use boxed, you can also use 32 ounces Vegetable stock for non meat version)

1 can Cream of Soup ( I like Cream of Onion)

cup chopped onion (optional, but I like finely chopped for flavor)

small block Velveta cheese (diced)

cup Shredded Cheddar cheese

In a large pot or crock pot mix Chicken Stock, Cream of Onion soup, Onions and frozen hash browns together. Season with Salt & Pepper to taste. Cook until hash browns are fairly tender, then put both types of cheese in to melt. I have found if I allow the soup to be almost done before adding cheese the cheese does not stick to the pan as much.

This soup is a great make ahead meal & reminds me of Panera Bread soup....yummmmmyyyyy if I do say so myself....(I kind of found it online, it was a girl scout recipe) fluffy tongue
Sep 15th 2012 new
Indeed! Once there is a nip in the air chilli, soups, stews and such are well up on my radar!! From minestrone, to potatoe and ham soup i have a pot going. I use two different pots as well as a large crockpot to make them Bring on the cool weather!!!
Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Indeed! Once there is a nip in the air chilli, soups, stews and such are well up on my radar!! From minest...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Indeed! Once there is a nip in the air chilli, soups, stews and such are well up on my radar!! From minestrone, to potatoe and ham soup i have a pot going. I use two different pots as well as a large crockpot to make them Bring on the cool weather!!!
--hide--

I could live on soup year round, but during this time of the year soups chilli, stews and chowders blanket you in warmth. Whenever I make soup I like to have extra homemade broth so I can drink a mug of it along with my bowl soup.

Sep 15th 2012 new

A bowl of chicken soup and two hamugers are great on a Winter Day. Chef stir the pot! Its getting cold! biggrin

Sep 15th 2012 new
[quote] That soup sounds delicious brenda!
Sep 15th 2012 new

Happy Birthday, Sandra! Happy Birthday! <not a soup cake

Sep 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Happy Birthday, Sandra! <not a soup cake
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Happy Birthday, Sandra! <not a soup cake

--hide--

Astually there is recipe for a cake made with tomato soup

here is the recipe

www.kingarthurflour.com

I cannot wait to try it

Sep 15th 2012 new