Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Forum home pages layout

Sep 18th 2012 new

The addition of the ad block and the blog list to the right sidebar on the forum home pages (stream, etc.) has pushed the Favorite Forums list below the fold, even on a fairly high resolution monitor, rendering it much less useful.

I suggest removing the blog list or placing it below the Favorite Forum list (the latter being directly related to the page topic; the former is not. Reducing the ad size would also help, but I suspect you may not have control over that.

Sep 18th 2012 new
I agree, Jerry.

Excellent suggestion.
Sep 18th 2012 new

Welp... I do hate being the bearer of bad news, but "favorite forums" are going the way of the dodo. Anyone who has joined in the last year or so doesn't even know what you're talking about, because it wasn't there for them.

It actually was almost gone with the release today, but I thought an intermediate step would let you down easier than going cold turkey.

Sep 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Welp... I do hate being the bearer of bad news, but "favorite forums" are going the way...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

Welp... I do hate being the bearer of bad news, but "favorite forums" are going the way of the dodo. Anyone who has joined in the last year or so doesn't even know what you're talking about, because it wasn't there for them.

It actually was almost gone with the release today, but I thought an intermediate step would let you down easier than going cold turkey.

--hide--

Why?

The Favorite Forum list is directly relevant to to topic of the page; the blog list is not, and is redundant -- anyone wanting to access the blogs can click on the **ta da** Blog link on the top of the page.

Sep 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Why? The Favorite Forum list is directly relevant to to topic of the page; the blog list is...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Why?

The Favorite Forum list is directly relevant to to topic of the page; the blog list is not, and is redundant -- anyone wanting to access the blogs can click on the **ta da** Blog link on the top of the page.

--hide--

Because the Favorite Forum feature wasn't being used virtually at all. This year there has been, on average, 4.3 people who added or removed things from their Forum Favorites. Out of the 5,000 people per users who come through the forums. Features utilized by less than 0.01% of users are subject to....... pruning. It's just a matter of maintanable code base. Leaving unused stuff lying around is asking for trouble, bugs, and security issues.

Sep 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: Welp... I do hate being the bearer of bad news, but "favorite forums" are going the way...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

--hide--
shocked Say it isn't so! That box is my primary way of navigating the rooms!

Posts 1 - 6 of 6