Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Sep 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I think this falls under, "Good News." I have a dear friend who suffe...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I think this falls under, "Good News."

I have a dear friend who suffers from severe depression. This issue has been a life long struggle for her.

Last week she was going through another bout with it. I called her, and talked for several hours with her. We finished up our conversation with me asking her if she would like me to pray with her. She said she didn't think she could pray at that moment, but I told her, she didn't have to, that I would do the praying and she could just listen.

Well the next day she showed up at my door, which shocked me (she usually is in bed for weeks when going through the depression). She came in, and we sat and talked for an hour or so, then we went for a three mile walk, hung up a wall quiolt, and then out to dinner. I told her that I was so surprised to see her, as I thought there was no way in hell she would be up and functioning.

She informed me....It was your prayer and taking the time to listen to me. So I'd say, prayer is a mighty powerful tool. God is so good.

--hide--

Praise God!!!! And thank you so much for sharing...just reading about your good news is inspiring to me.....
Sep 19th 2012 new
One of my Good Deeds every year is at Halloween my office does Trick or Treat for the kids. Everyone looks forward to my treats because I am that one who always buys baby friendly treats in the form of graham cracker cookies, cheese it's, animal crackers, etc. last year the Scooby snack graham crackers were such a hit I will have to shop early this year to make sure I have enough to go around.... fluffy
Sep 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: One of my Good Deeds every year is at Halloween my office does Trick or Treat for the kids. Everyone loo...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: One of my Good Deeds every year is at Halloween my office does Trick or Treat for the kids. Everyone looks forward to my treats because I am that one who always buys baby friendly treats in the form of graham cracker cookies, cheese it's, animal crackers, etc. last year the Scooby snack graham crackers were such a hit I will have to shop early this year to make sure I have enough to go around....
--hide--
Great treats! Some of my favorites!

Sep 20th 2012 new
I taught 4th & 5th grade CCD for years, and for a few of those years I was blessed to teach at St Benedicts Catholic Church in Shawnee. This would have been during the time my son was in grade school. I enjoyed my time of volunteering to teach, partly because I co-taught with a very nice lady named Linda. And partly because I really loved spending time with that age kids. Linda knew someone who was fluent in sign language, so every year our project was talking our kids into spending extra time at church preparing for the Christmas Program. As part of the program our kids learned how to sign "Away in the manger" and "Silent night". No one seemed to mind that our portion of the Christmas program was always the same. It was such a rewarding thing to see the beautiful songs performed both in singing & signing.

I can feel God calling me to be brave & follow his will on something. Please pray that I find the courage & conviction to follow his calling. angel
Sep 22nd 2012 new

A few weeks ago, a neighboring church was vandalized. The kids caused approximately $180K in damages, most of it was merchandise for a garage sale their youth group was organizing. Our parish youth group is holding a pancake breakfast this morning and all proceeds will go to the neighboring youth. My daughter didn't hesitate to sign up to work at the breakfast, even though it meant giving up a chance to attend a concert with her favorite Christian music artist.

Sep 22nd 2012 new
Sometimes others heve chosen me to be the receipiant of their good deeds, and I am humbled by their generosity. Last Year during the Christmas season a group of ladies from my church got together to make Christmas cookies. And they brought a box of assorted homemade Christmas cookies for my family....sometimes the best gifts are those from the heart, wrapped in love.... rose
Sep 22nd 2012 new

I went to the compost today and bringing my old bags to the trash cans, I walked past a pile of brass roofing nails. Making a mental note to not run over them on my way out, I finished dumping my grass clippings. Then I thought to myself, "Someone is going to get a flat tire from them things." So I went back, and rummaged through the dirt until I was sure I got them all and threw them away.

Sep 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I went to the compost today and bringing my old bags to the trash cans, I walked past a pile of brass roofing n...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I went to the compost today and bringing my old bags to the trash cans, I walked past a pile of brass roofing nails. Making a mental note to not run over them on my way out, I finished dumping my grass clippings. Then I thought to myself, "Someone is going to get a flat tire from them things." So I went back, and rummaged through the dirt until I was sure I got them all and threw them away.

--hide--

That is a very good deed indeed highfive
Sep 22nd 2012 new
Good deeds and good news all wrapped up in one: This afternoon my little sister asked me if I'd come up and babysit her two little girls (two and one years). I take every chance I get to spend time with these two little ones and even though I suppose it's a good deed I enjoy it greatly. Even the diaper changing is not too bad. Theyre down for the night now, no problems. The real good news is getting to see them after weeks of not seeing them. I was afraid they might be mad I hadn't been able to see them as often as I normally do, but it turns out absence does really make the heart grow fonder. I got the best greeting from them!
Sep 22nd 2012 new

I'm sitting here reading all your posts and you all have inspired me to look for good news to share with you.

My mom's eyesight isn't what it used to be since she has cataracts and doesn't see well out of her left eye. So, writing checks is almost impossible for her to do by herself. I've taken her to the visual aid store a couple of times to purchase maginifiers and an easy guide check writer. When her bills come in, I sit by her side, taking the checks she's signed to fill them out for her. This takes a lot of patience on my part since mom looks over the check very carefully to make sure it looks presentable to send. It takes her so long to do this since she has to use the magnifiers for each word. The whole check writing process takes me at least 1-2 hours to complete. I try to make light of the whole process since she's said numerous times that she's gong to give up on trying to do this. It's not easy living with my 88 year old mother sometimes. She wants to be able to walk and get around like she did when she was younger. She refuses to use her walker because she doesn't want to look old and she thinks the walker gets in the way of other people. there are a lot of people who smile at her and tell her to take her time when we're in stores shopping. That is such a nice thing for her to hear, it makes her feel better about her situation.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200