Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 21st 2012 new

yes Marian, I did. It really says it all without words ...

Sep 21st 2012 new

Thanks for sharing the article!

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: yes Marian, I did. It really says it all without words ...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

yes Marian, I did. It really says it all without words ...

--hide--

I am so glad you watched it. It shows what happens when we fall in love with an image of perfection-- of our own making and then won't let go of it. It also illustrates very well how over time all possibility for love drops away. I was amazed. I am afraid some persons who continue to put off getting closer to anyone and never do, over time can end up like that figure in the video.

The article basically points out that -----People are refusing to make friends in some cases and refusing to date others because they think the other persons are not part of the perfect image they have in mind.
People need to examine themselves on this issue.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points o...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points on why we are all not married, and the underlying problems with seeking that one PERFECT person (who does not exist), and why it's an issue for both men and women:

blog.adw.org

--hide--

I certainly hope people will watch the video right after the article as well.

Sep 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points o...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This article from the Archdiocese of Washington blog is by a priest who makes some excellent points on why we are all not married, and the underlying problems with seeking that one PERFECT person (who does not exist), and why it's an issue for both men and women:

blog.adw.org

--hide--
It appears the site is experiencing difficulties and I couldn't read the article, but the theme reminds me of something:

A great marriage isn't when the perfect couple comes together; it is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences. (Not sure who originated this.)

Sep 21st 2012 new

Thank you, Pat, for posting this. Pretty profound.

- Elizabeth

Sep 21st 2012 new

Thanks but, along with all the other wallflowers, I prefer this approach: youtu.be

Sep 21st 2012 new

B-b-b-but if I'm not ultra picky, I may actually end up WITH someone!! Eeeek!!!

THEN what'll I dooooo??

Sep 21st 2012 new

I would agree that this is a good article for those who are hung up on finding some sort of "perfect" person to marry. However, the article assumes that singles are actually meeting other singles who they can reject, and that's just not the case for everyone! You can't accept or reject what's not there.

Sep 21st 2012 new

Thanks for the posting, Pat.

I read it, and having lived in two cultures, find a lot of narrowness in it. I also consider the source and while the Priest will say, as anyone in a religious order is trained to think & learn (including myself as a secular w/in an Order) perfection is to be lived through, I disagree that people don't marry because they are constantly "striving for a higher floor". We all know the world isn't perfect, relationships aren't perfect...we all read the Bible and it puts it right out there---for all times. Anyone with a reasonable level of maturity knows they aren't perfect. And as Catholics, we also know, relationally, that we are unable to be perfect on our own and also unable to reach perfection, on our own. We're not looking for a commodity, we're looking for whom God is sending our way--for a short time, for an intermediate time and then (God's Providence willing) for a longer time (and eternity). I found the article, blog, rather, hmmm, simplistic.

Thanks for sharing! You are always insightful.

With Joy-filled Faith in God's loving Providence,
Debra.

Posts 11 - 20 of 58