Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 22nd 2012 new

So beautiful and SO true! I hope you find him Joanna!

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Ya know, Elizabeth, one day after my divorce and annulment, my Mom and I were talking ...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Ya know, Elizabeth, one day after my divorce and annulment, my Mom and I were talking about things, and she mentioned that there's a lot to be said for an arranged marriage .... her parents-in-law were in an arranged marraige .... he was 15 years older than his bride, and they both came from very well-to-do families, who wanted to see their children marry well .... they arranged the marriage when their son was about 18 and she was about 3 .... how cool is that!

--hide--

I think it is very cool, MaryAlice. I have wondered if we Catholics shouldn't have matchmakers like our Jewish brethern. Sure would steamline this process. wink

-Elizabeth

Sep 22nd 2012 new

Heheh. It seems as though the ladies here don't want the guy who has the annulment (full disclosure, mine is not yet granted but I am told it will be... given the facts presented). It is easy for us to become discouraged when we have hearts of gold and want someone to love, but don't even get the courtesy of responses to messages we send to Ladies here. :-)

I'd gladly have helped hang a light fixture! Or two or three of them!

For what it is worth, I am a new Catholic and I absolutely have been blessed to have found this faith (at the invitation of a lady friend two years ago). However, in all seriousness, it seems as though marriage is only for Catholics who are blessed enough to find someone while young. I went to college, "settled" for someone in my early 30s and struggled for six years before finally coming to terms with a bad decision and leaving an abusive marriage. Subsequently, I became Catholic. At 39 now, desiring a full family life and wonderful marriage, it seems like finding HER is impossible. I know I'm emotionally healthy... it just seems like I don't fit into the perfect mold of who young ladies want. A shame, as experience is a wonderful teacher, and the Catholic men I've met the past couple of years have been wonderful mentors.

Awful tough to go to mass every Sunday and see no unmarried women, to hear other people's babies crying, and to so want that life but see little possibility it will ever exist, despite many prayers.

Anyhow... the offer to help with light fixtures, yard work, etc. stands... :-)

Michael

Sep 22nd 2012 new

Joanna:

Great note. Very honest, authentic, transparent, and bone marrow real. Interestingly enough I went for a run/workout on the outskirts of Chicago this crisp autumn evening and upon returning home I noticed that a bulb had burned out in the kitchen. I replaced it - and although a significant other wasn't in my company - your note reminds me of the beauty and importance of prayer. There was no look that came across my face after I finished the job, except for the satisfied expression that comes from having light - and a clean fixture - in the form of a brand new bulb.

I replaced the fixture on the cieling and thought about all the people on this site who are searching, praying, looking, and hoping to find their significant other, that special, unique person in whose essence God is seen and beauty is witnessed. We'll know when we find that person.

It will be effortless and the important communication factor that you mention - so necessary - will be easy and peaceful. There will be silence, but it won't be uncomfortable or burdensome. It will be beautiful; a measured glance, the touch of a hand, a smile in whose radiance we see goodness, honesty, and joy. It will be natural, because in its rhythm will exist the long ago established reality that we have - as your note beautifully expressed - prayed for our future spouses before we even met him or her.

As a musician, this reminds me of perfectly tuned guitar or an amazingly crafted Mozart symphony. For now, however, your note calls me to lose myself in the symphony of prayer. Excellent note, Joanna. God bless you and thank you.

Nicholas

Sep 22nd 2012 new

WELL SAID!

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Eugene-893400 said: I was going to ask you the same thing!
(Quote) Eugene-893400 said:

I was going to ask you the same thing!

--hide--

laughing Are you hanging a light fixture too Eugene?

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: See the topic in the "under 45" room -- "Where is my future wife?" Guys ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

See the topic in the "under 45" room -- "Where is my future wife?"

Guys and gals -- you've got work to do!!!!!

--hide--

Um, Ray . . . I"m no longer "Under 45."

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyda...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyday, knowing that when we do figure it out, it's going to be amazing.

--hide--

Ladies, thanks for your prayers. I am tuning in to find you.

Gil

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I'm willing to wager your future hiusband was looking for you too. Give him some...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I'm willing to wager your future hiusband was looking for you too. Give him some help. Let him know you're interested. Don't wait for him to approach you. You are a catch. Perhaps he thinks you're such a good woman that you wouldn't be interested in him and has avoided approaching you.

God has a wonderful plan for you young lady!

--hide--

Aw David, what a nice thing to say . . . Thank you smile

I have tried to let "him" know (him being possibilities) and some of the "hims" have not responded (see guys, we girls get ignored too). But I will stay open to whomever "him" may be.

Sep 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Heheh. It seems as though the ladies here don't want the guy who has the annulment (full di...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Heheh. It seems as though the ladies here don't want the guy who has the annulment (full disclosure, mine is not yet granted but I am told it will be... given the facts presented). It is easy for us to become discouraged when we have hearts of gold and want someone to love, but don't even get the courtesy of responses to messages we send to Ladies here. :-)

I'd gladly have helped hang a light fixture! Or two or three of them!

For what it is worth, I am a new Catholic and I absolutely have been blessed to have found this faith (at the invitation of a lady friend two years ago). However, in all seriousness, it seems as though marriage is only for Catholics who are blessed enough to find someone while young. I went to college, "settled" for someone in my early 30s and struggled for six years before finally coming to terms with a bad decision and leaving an abusive marriage. Subsequently, I became Catholic. At 39 now, desiring a full family life and wonderful marriage, it seems like finding HER is impossible. I know I'm emotionally healthy... it just seems like I don't fit into the perfect mold of who young ladies want. A shame, as experience is a wonderful teacher, and the Catholic men I've met the past couple of years have been wonderful mentors.

Awful tough to go to mass every Sunday and see no unmarried women, to hear other people's babies crying, and to so want that life but see little possibility it will ever exist, despite many prayers.

Anyhow... the offer to help with light fixtures, yard work, etc. stands... :-)

Michael

--hide--

Hii Michael and welcome to the forums (fora?). I hope you peruse here and post often, you will meet many lovely people and who knows, maybe the future Mrs. Michael is among us. biggrin I've done the math and it appears you are recently single. If you have discerned with a trusted spiritual advisor or priest that your vocation is to the married life, then take heart, God has only His very best for you. As I said in one of my replies, "failure is not about being turned down, it is about giving up." So if the ladies you have reached out to have not responded, don't give up. And go visit other parishes in your area, that is the really cool thing about being Catholic, it's the same Mass in every Catholic Church all over the world.

Thank you for the offer for home improvement assistance. At least I will smile on my next project knowing I have a standing offer even if it is from 1200 miles away!

Posts 31 - 40 of 171