Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Sep 21st 2012 new

Prayer Rebecca. Just remember stay in control and practice love.

Sep 22nd 2012 new

Yes, the Father stretches us beyond our imaginings sometimes, doesn't He? It is all for our growth and betterment, though~

Sep 22nd 2012 new

A kind word turns away wrath Rebecca

Your daughter and you are still suffering from the divorce . Choose your battles carefully Rebecca. Your daughter missing practice is the least of your concerns right now! LET GO for now! Dont call the police. She will come home again. Give her space and let her come to you! Then , when the time is right , schedule a talk with her . Above all stay calm , loving and compassionate. Listen to Her, Tell her you love her and were wrong to try and rip the keys out of her hand .

Relationship problems aren't created overnight , nor will they be fixed overnight! Awareness , education and compassion are the order of the day.

If your not sure how to handle the situation , read books on how to parent teenagers and resolve confict peacefully. Understand that its important for your daughter to feel loved by you NO MATTER WHAT. No raised voices, no threats, no verbal abuse, things usually have a way of sorting themselves out if you remain calm and let the natural consequences of your daughters actions occur.

Just let her know how much you love her and are there for her. You must develop trust with her and come to an understanding of what boundries need to be in place and what the negotiables vs non- negotiables are , seeing that she is a minor still and you are the parent !

but once again allow love to cover everything you do and say, soft spoken , respectful, tender and compassionate . If you can demonstrate these qualities to your daughter , while discusssing the"issues" , you will be teaching her them without saying a word!!

Stay collected and read the proverbs while you wait for your daughters return !

Sep 22nd 2012 new

Praying

Sep 22nd 2012 new

Praying Praying rosary hug

Sep 22nd 2012 new

She'll be home soon.

Amen.

Sep 23rd 2012 new

SHE IS HOME Praise GOD !! & now the real work has begun with how to appropriately deal with this.

THANK u to all for all the prayers and love..It helped me stay calm and at peace thru this ordeal, which I am glad it's over for this week , right? lol
Ugh, not even funny!

Have a blessed Sunday, Peace to all~ theheart

Sep 23rd 2012 new

biggrinRebecca, that is great news that she has returned home.

Ask the Holy Spirit to help guide you as you communicate with her.

Also, ask her what she feels is the appropriate consequence to her actions.

Forgiveness is powerful, for all involved, it's not easy but is necessary.

I will continue to pray for you and your daughter and your family. Praying Praying

This should be a joy filled day because she has returned, peace and blessings.

Mike

Sep 23rd 2012 new

Praying

Sep 23rd 2012 new
So glad she is back! From dealing with teens in my job (I am not a mother, though, and don't want to seem like I am), I would also suggest maybe writing something out to her. When emotions are high, it can easily change a situation. Maybe you can write down about the fears and worries you had when she ran away and how you were praying, along with strangers who also cared about her well-being. I know that I can be stubborn at times, but I'm emotional and something heartfelt like this would make me stop and think. Blessings!
Posts 41 - 50 of 61