Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Sep 23rd 2012 new
I have 4 kids. I just put my 2 younger ones in Catholic school this year. To be honest, I felt this way during all of the years my kids have been in public school. Most of the families we associate with from school are married. However, there are a couple who are not.

I haven't become very involved with the Catholic school yet because of work. I am sure when I start attending school functions it will be more noticeable, especially since my mom and sister will probably attend. We all sit together at mass already.

I dread the "where is your husband question". One time at one particular function I was asked this three times. My usual response is: "he's not in the picture". They usually say they are sorry. I usually tell them I am not. We move on. The fourth time my response was: "hopefully dead in a ditch somewhere because I could sure use his SS check since he isn't paying child support". I am ashamed of my behavior, but it turns out that their kid was the class bully but they would not allow him near my child and they never talked to me again. The father did glare at me sometimes.
Sep 23rd 2012 new

Well the guys in Boise must be blind or far to interested in digging potatoes. Something is wrong with those boys. Must be the winters.

I went to Catholic school and it only took 20 years of Psychoanalysis to start to deal with the experience. The pictrure of the pretty nun in the upper right hand corner is not real but a myth. Our nuns were sumo wrestlers. I once saw old hook noise raise a pointer above her head like a sword and charge this guy named Dave. She hit him so hard and so many times a second he did not know what to do . She hit him everywhere but the soles of his feet. Margret, lifter this dude and his desk up, threw it across the room, got in a fighting stance and said come on sucker. It was worse than basic training in the military. How times have changed. You cant even break a kids arm now a days or stab a kid with those clickers they had. The wooden weapon used to keep kids quiet or unconscious which ever came first.

Single parenting is difficult sometimes it sucks. But the rewards are great. There must be events up in Boise for singles. In our county we have water mellon seed spitting, chewing tobaco spitting for distance. and bull slapping. Fun stuff! Then i get to see everybody in recovery class.

I have met one lady (person) since i have been here and one look in her barn i speed away and never came back.

Good luck in Boise- and your kids could of had my 8th grade teacher Bill

Sep 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) William-527364 said: Well the guys in Boise must be blind or far to interested in digging potatoes. Something is wrong with those ...
(Quote) William-527364 said:

Well the guys in Boise must be blind or far to interested in digging potatoes. Something is wrong with those boys. Must be the winters.

I went to Catholic school and it only took 20 years of Psychoanalysis to start to deal with the experience. The pictrure of the pretty nun in the upper right hand corner is not real but a myth. Our nuns were sumo wrestlers. I once saw old hook noise raise a pointer above her head like a sword and charge this guy named Dave. She hit him so hard and so many times a second he did not know what to do . She hit him everywhere but the soles of his feet. Margret, lifter this dude and his desk up, threw it across the room, got in a fighting stance and said come on sucker. It was worse than basic training in the military. How times have changed. You cant even break a kids arm now a days or stab a kid with those clickers they had. The wooden weapon used to keep kids quiet or unconscious which ever came first.

Single parenting is difficult sometimes it sucks. But the rewards are great. There must be events up in Boise for singles. In our county we have water mellon seed spitting, chewing tobaco spitting for distance. and bull slapping. Fun stuff! Then i get to see everybody in recovery class.

I have met one lady (person) since i have been here and one look in her barn i speed away and never came back.

--hide--
Your too funny! Haha......you remind so much of my brother, he's crazy! Keep posting! Haven't had a good laugh like this in a long time .
Sep 23rd 2012 new

I chose to put my daughter in Catholic school starting in kindergarten. It was critically important to me to be in a small setting where she could get the security and education she needed. My ex didn't and doesn't see the importance in faith and I have done everything possible to reaffirm my faith choices with her. Yes, there are times that it really really stinks being the only one. Yes, there are times I drag my mom along. Overall though, I am comforted to know that she is in a warm faith based environment that will nourish her and enrich her with the values I hold dear. It may not be fun sitting alone, but there is usually a lone seat in the front to snag!

Sep 24th 2012 new

I have six children who have attended Catholic schools here in Australia and I know how you feel, as it was like that for me as well when I had them all young. It all seemed so obvious that for me, I was there with all of the children without a man to support me or them at events and school gatherings. It is hard doing everything on your own physically, spiritually and emotionally. It is not the way it is meant to be!

Now over 16 years later I dont even think about it any more. It is completely normal for me to do everything on my own. I suppose I have become more confident and as a family we have grown together. I believe that it is a process after an annulment for the family as the children get older and some of them move from high school to university.

I found it helpful to be involved in the P & C or something in the Parish if you have time as a single parent, as you then get to know other parents and work with them and it becomes different. My youngest now is in high school in a public all girls school and this move was purely financial for us.

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Anne-605874 said: My children attend the catholic school here where I also grew up. It is my faith community and my ...
(Quote) Anne-605874 said:

My children attend the catholic school here where I also grew up. It is my faith community and my home, but sometimes I still feel so out of place among all the married couples and two parents families.

Most of the events are couples or two parent family oriented and its hard to show up alone...I know, sadly, that all those couples and marriages are not perfect, but at least they are not sitting at the holiday concert alone again! or worse I am sitting with my parents!

Anybody else feel this way?

--hide--

Anne, first I want to tell you that I am a proud Bishop Kelly Knight graduate. I would have given anything for my children to have gone to that school, but they were raised in a military family. Do you know what it meant to me to have a chapel to run to in high school when things got to be too much? Do you know what it meant to this grad that when her Phil was assassinated, people from the alum site found me and carried me? Do you know also that having a faith basedd education meant all to me. My parents could not afford the school. We went based on need and my dad did many things for the rectory. Even now when I go home to Boise, I affiliate myself with that school (and Boise State). You cannot go wrong! AT BK, we were raised to think of high school as a stepping stone, not a end point. One a BK knight, always a BK knight. Now for the trivia: I am also a Sacred Heart ? Now they call themselves the Crusaders, but we were once named after a condom--trojans! Laugh.

Sep 25th 2012 new

Lina,

Your post is quite inspiring. I do hope to find that same peace that you have achieved. My daughter is a second-grader at a Catholic school and I still get uncomfortable whenever her father would join school events. I admire you and I draw strength from the fact that God can heal all wounds.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) William-527364 said: Well the guys in Boise must be blind or far to interested in digging potatoes. Something is wr...
(Quote) William-527364 said:

--hide--

Bill Fritz? I love Boise. The good guys have all been married forever, though. :)

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Anne-605874 said: My children attend the catholic school here where I also grew up. It is my faith community and my ...
(Quote) Anne-605874 said:

My children attend the catholic school here where I also grew up. It is my faith community and my home, but sometimes I still feel so out of place among all the married couples and two parents families.

Most of the events are couples or two parent family oriented and its hard to show up alone...I know, sadly, that all those couples and marriages are not perfect, but at least they are not sitting at the holiday concert alone again! or worse I am sitting with my parents!

Anybody else feel this way?

--hide--

If you feel out of place, that's a choice you've made for yourself. It doesn't have to be that way.

No one at the school, neither the teachers nor the parents, sees you as unusual or out of place, so PLEASE don't feel that way yourself. OK?

rose

Oct 8th 2012 new
I have two children in Catholic school, and I agree it is difficult to attend functions as a single mom. I recently had my oldest daughter's friends mother invite me to go with her to a parent meeting, and it went well. It is difficult to show up at parent teacher conferences alone, and I also feel out of place. I do relate to you..take care!
Posts 11 - 20 of 41