Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

09/22/2012 new

[quote]Nicholas-259754 said:

- and although a significant other wasn't in my company - your note reminds me of the beauty and importance of prayer. There was no look that came across my face after I finished the job,

Beautiful response Nicholas . . . and you know, even though you didn't have "that look" that came across your face while you were by yourself, you will when you have your beloved in your presence to impress. (Seriously, we are NOT that hard to please . . . just don't forget to take out the garbage too laughing)

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Um, Ray . . . I"m no longer "Under 45."
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Um, Ray . . . I"m no longer "Under 45."

--hide--
Well, you're still pretty close to it. You can always browse if nothing else.

The point I was trying to make is that the guys (any age) are wondering where the women are that will be their wives.....

Seems the problem isn't isolated to one gender.

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Well, you're still pretty close to it. You can always browse if nothing else. The point ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Well, you're still pretty close to it. You can always browse if nothing else.

The point I was trying to make is that the guys (any age) are wondering where the women are that will be their wives.....

Seems the problem isn't isolated to one gender.

--hide--

Hmm, gee if there were just this one place that we could go to that we could connect with them . . . laughing

09/23/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Hmm, gee if there were just this one place that we could go to that we cou...

Hmm, gee if there were just this one place that we could go to that we could connect with them . . .

--hide--
Well, being on CM should help....

Everyone's gotta communicate, for starters.... heart

09/23/2012 new
Joanna, this is so true. I haven't cracked the code on this online dating thing yet, and it is easy to get discouraged. SHE is out there somewhere... never have been a quitter. Thank you for reminding us all to keep on keeping on. Michael
09/23/2012 new
Joanna, I have frequent flyer miles. ;-) Seriously, though, thank you for your encouragement. I've talked to my priest about marriage, and believe it is the right choice once Ms. Right is placed into my life and once the annulment is granted (I pray.) Good luck with your search and your home projects. Michael
09/23/2012 new

wave Joanna, I haven't even read the posts here, but saw the title of your thread. At the same time, I've had the radio on, and there was a female Christian humorist on it. She was saying that she was still "single" because the available men in her area hadn't stopped to ask directions to find her! laughing laughing

09/23/2012 new

(Quote) Nicholas-259754 said: Joanna:Great note. Very honest, authentic, transparent, and bone marrow real. Interest...
(Quote) Nicholas-259754 said:

Joanna:

Great note. Very honest, authentic, transparent, and bone marrow real. Interestingly enough I went for a run/workout on the outskirts of Chicago this crisp autumn evening and upon returning home I noticed that a bulb had burned out in the kitchen. I replaced it - and although a significant other wasn't in my company - your note reminds me of the beauty and importance of prayer. There was no look that came across my face after I finished the job, except for the satisfied expression that comes from having light - and a clean fixture - in the form of a brand new bulb.

I replaced the fixture on the cieling and thought about all the people on this site who are searching, praying, looking, and hoping to find their significant other, that special, unique person in whose essence God is seen and beauty is witnessed. We'll know when we find that person.

It will be effortless and the important communication factor that you mention - so necessary - will be easy and peaceful. There will be silence, but it won't be uncomfortable or burdensome. It will be beautiful; a measured glance, the touch of a hand, a smile in whose radiance we see goodness, honesty, and joy. It will be natural, because in its rhythm will exist the long ago established reality that we have - as your note beautifully expressed - prayed for our future spouses before we even met him or her.

As a musician, this reminds me of perfectly tuned guitar or an amazingly crafted Mozart symphony. For now, however, your note calls me to lose myself in the symphony of prayer. Excellent note, Joanna. God bless you and thank you.

Nicholas

--hide--
Nicholas you are a beautiful writer. You have a gift and I enjoy reading your posts. I agree with you and also believe in prayer.

09/23/2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Joanna, I haven't even read the posts here, but saw the title of your thread. At the same t...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Joanna, I haven't even read the posts here, but saw the title of your thread. At the same time, I've had the radio on, and there was a female Christian humorist on it. She was saying that she was still "single" because the available men in her area hadn't stopped to ask directions to find her!

--hide--

Beverly, I love your post. Thank you for sharing a bit of humor with us. :-)

Michael

09/23/2012 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I...

So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I couldn't hang the fixture myself, I've hung many actually, but what I wanted was to see that look that comes across your face when you grab the ladder and tool box and say, "I got this!" I wanted to see the smug look of satisfaction when it was finished and the task accomplished. I wanted to hear your stomach rumble and you demand "feed me." (A chest pound with the fist would have completed the picture, you get my drift.)

So gentlemen, you want to know, "what does it take?" Touch my soul, get the annulment, honor Holy Mother Church, be real, strive for your best, cherish me, lead me spiritually and more than anything else understand me. (Maybe not necessarily in that order). Yes, some of those things take time, but if we cannot communicate/connect/share, it will never happen and no amount of emails or emotigrams will make a difference. Have I placed certain limits/restrictions? Well yes, and so have you. There has to be an attraction (as you prefer), there has to be an age range that I am comfortable with (as is with you). So if I don't take up contact with some one 12 years my senior or 15 years my junior, it doesn't mean you aren't worthy of a desirable, holy relationship, it just means I'm not her.

Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyday, knowing that when we do figure it out, it's going to be amazing.

Your wife.

P.S. In the meantime, many thanks to my friends (John you're great) who are standing in the gap until you appear.

--hide--
I am really sorry I have not met you.....you are a great catch.. Just met someone on Christian Mingle... I am a one woman loving man.....just got tired of all the winks and emotes on CAtholic Match
Posts 41 - 50 of 171