Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

if that's what you want to call them!? You can talk about the good, bad or ugly.

But IMHO these officials stink. Someone's gonna get hurt. And if all they did was coach some "lower-end" college teams then this game (NFL game) is WAY too fast for them!

And the miscues are pervasive around the league....

Yesterday....Tony Romo was his directly in the head and no penalty? Also, one of our wide receivers (Ogletree) could have "torn up" his knee slipping on the ref's cap which he had tossed in the end zone. They are letting TOO much go.

For me....I want the real ones back. You can comment....add, subtract or just give me your take on the officiating this year!

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: if that's what you want to call them!? You can talk about the good, bad or ugly. But I...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

if that's what you want to call them!? You can talk about the good, bad or ugly.

But IMHO these officials stink. Someone's gonna get hurt. And if all they did was coach some "lower-end" college teams then this game (NFL game) is WAY too fast for them!

And the miscues are pervasive around the league....

Yesterday....Tony Romo was his directly in the head and no penalty? Also, one of our wide receivers (Ogletree) could have "torn up" his knee slipping on the ref's cap which he had tossed in the end zone. They are letting TOO much go.

For me....I want the real ones back. You can comment....add, subtract or just give me your take on the officiating this year!

--hide--
I can remember years ago the Dallas Cowboys drafted ALL-PRO wide receiver Michael Irvin from the "U" of Miami. And his OWN comments were: "This game (the pros) is like turning your VCR on fast-forward!"

And that is part of the reason for my disgust on these replacement officials!

Sep 24th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I can remember years ago the Dallas Cowboys drafted ALL-PRO wide receiver Michael Irvin from the "U" ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I can remember years ago the Dallas Cowboys drafted ALL-PRO wide receiver Michael Irvin from the "U" of Miami. And his OWN comments were: "This game (the pros) is like turning your VCR on fast-forward!"

And that is part of the reason for my disgust on these replacement officials!

--hide--

The DJ's were saying the same thing on the radio this morning....
Sep 24th 2012 new

Glad you bought this topic up Jerry. I was thoroughly disgusted with the officials yesterday. They seem like they're totally lost out there. (not a clue)

The game has slowed down tremedously. Seems like they have to check ever play, because, once again, they DON'T have a clue.

The Lions were penalized 41 yds. yesterday (unfairly I might add). Of course, the Titans loved that crappy call.

Hope we don't have to put up with this crap all season.

Sep 24th 2012 new

Ten days ago when the Giants had the Bucs....the former Rutgers coach was having his lineman "submarine" the Giants offensive line and knocked Eli Manning down while he was "taking the knee" Now...I care less for the Giants than I do for the Bucs so that isn't in question. But fair is fair.....and in the NFL....there is a certain amount of etiquette when the outcome of a game is NO longer in doubt. And I noticed Tom Coughlin was none too pleased when NO penalty was called....and let Greg Schiano know in the middle of the field afterward. Again these officials might know the game of football....but they don't know the NFL game!

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Glad you bought this topic up Jerry. I was thoroughly disgusted with the officials yesterday. The...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Glad you bought this topic up Jerry. I was thoroughly disgusted with the officials yesterday. They seem like they're totally lost out there. (not a clue)

The game has slowed down tremedously. Seems like they have to check ever play, because, once again, they DON'T have a clue.

The Lions were penalized 41 yds. yesterday (unfairly I might add). Of course, the Titans loved that crappy call.

Hope we don't have to put up with this crap all season.

--hide--

They ARE lost out there. These aren't trained game officials. Watrching these guys try and officiate an NFL game is like trying to watch a plumber perform brain surgery. It's not their fault either... they're simply not qualified to do what they're doing. Most people have never been on a pro field during a game - most have only seen it in TV. They have no idea just how fast the game is. These replacement officials are completely overmatched. NCAA officials aren't even considered qualified to officiate NFL games. That should say all that needs to be said right there.

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: They ARE lost out there. These aren't trained game officials. Watrching these g...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

They ARE lost out there. These aren't trained game officials. Watrching these guys try and officiate an NFL game is like trying to watch a plumber perform brain surgery. It's not their fault either... they're simply not qualified to do what they're doing. Most people have never been on a pro field during a game - most have only seen it in TV. They have no idea just how fast the game is. These replacement officials are completely overmatched. NCAA officials aren't even considered qualified to officiate NFL games. That should say all that needs to be said right there.

--hide--
Yep!! Nuf said!! Completely unqualified!!

Problem is....someone's gonna get hurt!! They've let some nasty plays go!!

Sep 24th 2012 new

Jerry,

The sub officials are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Considering they have not had any training or experience to call plays at this level, I feel they are doing the best they can. Yes, they are missing plays and yes, someone is going to be seriously hurt.

In the Texans vs. Broncos game, QB Matt Schaub took a vicious hit to the helmet that not only removed his helmet but took a small part of his ear. No flags were thrown. He came out for a couple of plays and then resumed play. The player hitting him should be fined and suspended at least for one game.

I have not seen the demands of the trained officials but if those in charge of the NFL were that concerned, namely Roger Goodell, Commissioner, this would have been resolved during training camps.

Whether we have sub officials or the real thing, mistakes are always going to be made. My biggest issues are the subs not knowing the rules well enough and no one of the other officials during the game coming to their defense. Heck, they might not know the rules either.

I feel the issues separating the officials and the NFL will be resolved in a couple of weeks. If so, it will not be due to the coaches and players complaining . Those living on Park Avenue could care less what they think on this issue. It is all about power.

I would however be surprised if the regular officials did not return in three weeks.

Just my take.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,The sub officials are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Considering t...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

The sub officials are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Considering they have not had any training or experience to call plays at this level, I feel they are doing the best they can. Yes, they are missing plays and yes, someone is going to be seriously hurt.

In the Texans vs. Broncos game, QB Matt Schaub took a vicious hit to the helmet that not only removed his helmet but took a small part of his ear. No flags were thrown. He came out for a couple of plays and then resumed play. The player hitting him should be fined and suspended at least for one game.

I have not seen the demands of the trained officials but if those in charge of the NFL were that concerned, namely Roger Goodell, Commissioner, this would have been resolved during training camps.

Whether we have sub officials or the real thing, mistakes are always going to be made. My biggest issues are the subs not knowing the rules well enough and no one of the other officials during the game coming to their defense. Heck, they might not know the rules either.

I feel the issues separating the officials and the NFL will be resolved in a couple of weeks. If so, it will not be due to the coaches and players complaining . Those living on Park Avenue could care less what they think on this issue. It is all about power.

I would however be surprised if the regular officials did not return in three weeks.

Just my take.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Hi Leon, wave

I watched the Texans/Broncos game yesterday. I too was appalled at the hit Schaub took, with no repercussions to the offending player.

I think these kind of plays are only going to get worse.

Congrats on the Texans w biggrin in!!

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,The sub officials are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Considering t...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

Just my take.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Oh....Leon I know. I'm not mad at them per say. But someone WILL get hurt possibly worse than Schaub. Because now the players think they can get away with murder. In the Redskins/Rams game last week Robert Griffin was getting hit nearly EVERY play. And NO flags.
The Ram players were even telling him "all day long....you're gonna be hit"
I AM mad at the league. "Collective Bargaining" my behind! They should be sitting down on their Collective Butts and getting this hammered out! And that goes for the official representatives too! (just sayin)

Posts 1 - 10 of 47