Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

My True Spouse?

09/24/2012 new

My years in darkness are over and the Church acknowledges it was wrong, false, invalid. My former marriage plagued my heart rather than healed it. But healing comes through God's grace and last year, I met someone. Oh I met someone! But he's far off. sad

Is putting my heart out there worth the risk? 75% divorce rate for second marriages. And yet, I'm here - waiting, watching, waiting some more. Do you see this? Can you accept all these children coming in and out of my life? Can you support me in all the things I do? Can there be freedom as well as oneness? I admit I'm a little afraid. What if I'm wrong again?

Or should Christ be my Spouse? Am I to live in His love alone or....or will His love flow through me to another? Praying

09/25/2012 new

Dear Alice,

What a beautiful, sincere and candid post. I certainly know where you are coming from and I had many of the same questions. From one formerly divorced person to another, you might want to be cautiously optimistic until you have a better sense of who he is and if this is something God wants. When I met my husband-to-be 13 years ago, I became friends with him little by little and did a lot of observing. I saw how he treated other people and what kind of values he had before we ever dated so I was able to get to know him without him being on dating best behavior.

I will keep you and your future in my prayers!

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Alice, What a beautiful, sincere and candid post. I certainly know where you are comin...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:

Dear Alice,

What a beautiful, sincere and candid post. I certainly know where you are coming from and I had many of the same questions. From one formerly divorced person to another, you might want to be cautiously optimistic until you have a better sense of who he is and if this is something God wants. When I met my husband-to-be 13 years ago, I became friends with him little by little and did a lot of observing. I saw how he treated other people and what kind of values he had before we ever dated so I was able to get to know him without him being on dating best behavior.

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

Lisa, Just found this part of CM by accident, kind of. However, didn't you have the distinct advantage of working in the same office with your future hsuband. The internet and long distance relationships and even across town (think LA) distances cause or are distinct disadvantages to "became friends with him little by little and did a lot of observing."? For those of us who are at this disadvantage, what is the remedy/filter to obtain in a reasonable time period this perspective? Stephen

09/25/2012 new
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Alice, What a beautiful, sincere and candid post. I certainly know where you are coming from...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:

Dear Alice,

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

Thank you for sharing Lisa,

I know last spring when I found out someone I was dating as an LDR would not be part of my future I really wondered if I am being called to being single or whether a relationship is part of my future. It just so happens I received an email with a discounted offer the very day I found out he would not be visiting me that week. I am so grateful to God that I accepted that offer whether I find a special someone or not. Because what I have found being on here is a community, some of whom remembered me from when I was on CM before. And several people have reached out both in the forums & privately which has helped me process my grief from the loss of my son. As for the relationship, I put myself in God's loving care & will let him decide. Which was my prayer the whole time I was involved in my LDR....God does know best... Brenda
09/25/2012 new

I think that is the best path - to let him decide.

Dunno. Whatever God wants. scratchchin

09/28/2012 new

Ditto. Pray, pray, pray... fast if you can.

It may be His Divine Will for us to meet someone special, but He will let us use our Free Will. It has been 7 years after my divorce / then the annullment, and I finally am ready to let Him whisper to my heart and discern if THE ONE is out there for me.

So what do you know? I subscribe for one month and already someone broke my heart... again! No worries, no regrets: the son of the carpenter will mend me again and again, until some one comes along... and it happens that I'm his imperfectly perfect fit!

lovestruck!

Mari

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: ... No worries, no regrets: the son of the carpenter will mend me again and again, until some one ...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

... No worries, no regrets: the son of the carpenter will mend me again and again, until some one comes along... and it happens that I'm his imperfectly perfect fit!

--hide--

Mari, that is really beautiful. Yes, He will mend us. theheart

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: My years in darkness are over and the Church acknowledges it was wrong, false, invalid. My former...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

My years in darkness are over and the Church acknowledges it was wrong, false, invalid. My former marriage plagued my heart rather than healed it. But healing comes through God's grace and last year, I met someone. Oh I met someone! But he's far off.

Is putting my heart out there worth the risk? 75% divorce rate for second marriages. And yet, I'm here - waiting, watching, waiting some more. Do you see this? Can you accept all these children coming in and out of my life? Can you support me in all the things I do? Can there be freedom as well as oneness? I admit I'm a little afraid. What if I'm wrong again?

Or should Christ be my Spouse? Am I to live in His love alone or....or will His love flow through me to another?

--hide--

Deep breath . . . one . . . day . . . at . . . a . . . time. Focus on the sacrament of the present moment and don't get ahead of yourself (or God!)

09/29/2012 new

Praying rosary

(((Alice)))

Hold His hand, sweet Alice, as you continue to know the new guy... Try to keep serving Him still and remember to keep you focus on HIM.

We all long for someone, it is human nature.. Yet our hearts of hearts, we LONG for The One. Our True Spouse, Our Savior and Lord..

May we all remain in His Mercy and Grace. Praying rosary rosary

09/29/2012 new

Joanna and Kat, thanks. Yup yup... depend on Him alone. Yup yup...

(grumble) irked

Maybe I will be an old hermitess in a studio apartment with 12 cats. I like cats.

No. I get it. God first. I just need to go chomp down some ice cubes and all will be well.

Truly, I am abundantly blessed. A little tongue-in-cheek about this romance nonsense, but wow - life is good. Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever! theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 16