Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and last I saw you can customize them- mine is pretty interesting and I had fun writing it. So why not make one for the ladies to check? eyebrow

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and la...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and last I saw you can customize them- mine is pretty interesting and I had fun writing it. So why not make one for the ladies to check?

--hide--
Mary -- I'll read your interview questions after this. I hope you don't mind some comments from the older set but I think the problem is the same for all age groups, and both genders. Yes -- there are few personal interview questions on women's profiles as well, at least as I've observed thus far.

A lot of us are not gifted, talented and creative writers. Also, there are different thought processes people have that make creating interivews offering sufficient choices limited. Many of the interviews I've seen are similar and basic; the questions are similar, if not identical. Is it better to paraphrase someone else's questions or copy them; or is it best to just have none?

A problem for one trying to respond to interview questions is that in many cases, there isn't an answer that comes close to applying? Yet, some answer must be given and a person could be judged by that.

A limited number of people do this deliberately in the hope that a message will be sent to that effect. It's a way of drawing people into personal contact.

For the interviewee, some reluctance to respond might be present. I'm not sure what percentage of people decline because they think their answers will be "wrong".

These were just a few thoughts off the top of my head. I'm sure others will offer their worthy views.

Here's something else to think about. CM offers the forums, in which only a limited number of people participate. Certainly enough to keep them going, but by no means close to the total membership. I notice you've been a member for awhile, but have posted very few times. This is an excellent place to get acquainted with others; why would people pass it up? It's not exclusive -- all members are welcome to participate. This is certainly not meant as a criticism of anyone -- just an observation that people prefer different approaches and are offered choices to suit their personalities.

Helpful? scratchchin

Blessings,

Ray

Sep 24th 2012 new

I have interview questions, but I have found that most viewers do not use them.

Sep 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and la...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and last I saw you can customize them- mine is pretty interesting and I had fun writing it. So why not make one for the ladies to check?

--hide--

Mary, I have been on this site on & off for a few years. I've yet to create an interview myself and I'm a woman.

I haven't done so partially because I don't think an interview is an adequate representation of my personality. I also don't want to go by an interview as a filter of who I may wish to get to know and who I don't. It has been my intention to come up with a set of questions over a period of time that reflect me. However, it's not a priority.

I once had an experience a couple years in which I took a gentleman's interview. Well, he sent me a message back, basically chastising me that I had picked the wrong answer and explained why I was wrong and should know better. I gather God's will was at work in that we simply were not a good match. However, it made me think that if I don't receive a certain "score" on an interview I don't pass go? Well, I rarely take interviews, usually only if the questions are unique and often have some humor to them.

I don't care for the blueprint interviews myself. They're like cookie cutter houses. No personality to them.
I find many men barely put detailed information on their profile.
Hopefully we'll get others to answer your answers.

Sep 24th 2012 new
The site says that interviews are the place to put feelers out about deal breaker issues. The trouble is that would scare people away before they even get to know who the writer is. The boilerplate questions are a tad bland, but are safer than other personal issues that men might feel strongly about.
Sep 24th 2012 new

I think interviews are a great opportunity to get to know others! In fact, there are many times I was interested in a man on here, but just couldn't think of the right thing to say in a message or emotigram, so instead I would look to see if he had an interview, and then I'd take it. Unfortunately, many times the men I'm interested in don't have interviews and since I'm not feeling particularly inspired to write a message, I may not end up contacting them at all.

Of course, I prefer creative interview questions, but even if they just use the standard questions Catholic Match gives us, it's at least another form of communication I can use and it's better than nothing. I wish, however, more people would use the interview questions as an opportunity to let their personalities show. I think one can tell a lot about a person by the questions he or she asks.

For the most part, my questions are light-hearted (there are a couple more serious ones). Mostly it's just for fun, and I even have an opportunity at the end to select an option if the person taking my interview felt as if I didn't have enough of the right choices, and I ask for a message explanation of the right responses if that is the case.

In conclusion, I would love to see more interviews on Catholic Match! I have also wondered why men have so few interviews, and I hope that those who don't have interviews will create them soon. If anyone wants a critique of their interview questions, I am also more than happy to help! Just let me know. :)

Sep 25th 2012 new

Jenny, if you would like to critique my interview questions, I would appreciate your imput?

Sep 25th 2012 new

You're right that not many men have interview questions. Not sure about the ladies because I haven't visited their profiles as much. :) Something else many don't seem to have, along the same lines, are the temperament test. Personally I like those better than interviews because, like people have said, the interviews are often much the same and there is the fear of "answering wrong". I feel like the temperament test gives me more insight into that person's personality and what they might like/dislike.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Here's something else to think about. CM offers the forums, in which only a limited number of p...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Here's something else to think about. CM offers the forums, in which only a limited number of people participate. Certainly enough to keep them going, but by no means close to the total membership. I notice you've been a member for awhile, but have posted very few times. This is an excellent place to get acquainted with others; why would people pass it up? It's not exclusive -- all members are welcome to participate. This is certainly not meant as a criticism of anyone -- just an observation that people prefer different approaches and are offered choices to suit their personalities.

--hide--

I have noticed it seems that there aren't nearly as many young people on the forums and I'm not quite sure why. It made me hesitant to post at first because I'm usually shy and don't want to feel like I'm the only one my age posting. Then I realized that other people may feel the same way and that by myself posting I may encourage them. That said I lurk in the forums quite a bit and have enjoyed reading your posts in particular. They always seem to offer good advice and are insightful.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-899626 said: I have noticed it seems that there aren't nearly as many young people on t...
(Quote) Angela-899626 said:

I have noticed it seems that there aren't nearly as many young people on the forums and I'm not quite sure why. It made me hesitant to post at first because I'm usually shy and don't want to feel like I'm the only one my age posting. Then I realized that other people may feel the same way and that by myself posting I may encourage them. That said I lurk in the forums quite a bit and have enjoyed reading your posts in particular. They always seem to offer good advice and are insightful.

--hide--

I used to be the same way when I first joined the site a couple years ago. I was disappointed that not many people our age post here, but finally I decided to do something about it and started posting as many topics as I could think of to get people involved. Young people really do seem to come out of the woodwork when other young people are making an effort to get involved. Welcome to the fora! I hope you stay around! :)

Posts 1 - 10 of 37