Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: Jenny, if you would like to critique my interview questions, I would appreciate your imput?...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

Jenny, if you would like to critique my interview questions, I would appreciate your imput?

--hide--

Yes, definitely. I don't have time right now, but I will get back to you later today.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-899626 said: I have noticed it seems that there aren't nearly as many young people on t...
(Quote) Angela-899626 said:

I have noticed it seems that there aren't nearly as many young people on the forums and I'm not quite sure why. It made me hesitant to post at first because I'm usually shy and don't want to feel like I'm the only one my age posting. Then I realized that other people may feel the same way and that by myself posting I may encourage them. That said I lurk in the forums quite a bit and have enjoyed reading your posts in particular. They always seem to offer good advice and are insightful.

--hide--
Thanks for lurking, Angela -- it's a first step to becomming familiar with the forums.

Now that you're out in the open, we can officially welcome you. This is a good place to get acquainted with people of various ages, and in your case, hopefully some of the younger set. As you realized, there are others who stay in the background for reasons of their own. Many have their own experiences, knowledge and wisdom to share, along with a sprinkling of humor now and then.

If you're still a little unsure, you can always try the prayer room to get used to posting. You can't go wrong there!!!

It's encouraging to see young people like yourself participate. We enjoy the mixture of age groups because of what we can learn from each other. Sometimes age creates perspective differences that are certainly worthy of consideration.

There are a lot of people here who are shy, but actively participating can be helpful in overcoming that if you think it is holding you back. A certain amount of shyness is a good thing so you need not worry about that.

Just relax and come along for the ride..... biggrin hug

Sep 25th 2012 new

Thanks for the welcome Ray! I'm really enjoying the site so far, especially the forums, as a way to meet many more faithful, practicing Catholics so I'll probably be sticking around. biggrin

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-899626 said: Thanks for the welcome Ray! I'm really enjoying the site so far, especially the forums, as a...
(Quote) Angela-899626 said:

Thanks for the welcome Ray! I'm really enjoying the site so far, especially the forums, as a way to meet many more faithful, practicing Catholics so I'll probably be sticking around.

--hide--
Good for you, Angela. You really have to give the site some time. Patience is the key here; things don't happen overnight. But get yourself out there as much as you can so that others may notice you. Your chances will be greatly improved.

Sep 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and la...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I mean, I just plain like taking them. I think most people do. It's a good ice breaker, and last I saw you can customize them- mine is pretty interesting and I had fun writing it. So why not make one for the ladies to check?

--hide--
I took your interview just to see what questions were going to pop up next. I must admit the questions were different compared to most interviews. The problem was with the choice of responses. As is typical, there are some questions where none of the answers fit, or parts of two answers could be combined for a truthful response on my part, or where there were 2 or more choices of equal value to me.

Yes -- you did put effort into it and it was interesting; no doubt you had fun with it. Let's hope you have at least as much fun with the responses.

Sep 25th 2012 new

I've had an interview on my profile for several years. You won't find any of the default CM questions on there - my interview was created before they had default questions available. I've received many good comments on my interview. I definitely encourage you and anyone else to take my interview. I think it does show my personality, and hopefully brings out good parts of your personality too. :)

Sep 25th 2012 new
I have an interview.

I would love a critique wave
Sep 25th 2012 new

I do not have an interview nor do I usually take them. I do not like multiple choice. It is impossible to get a clear, honest, accurate answer most of the time. I would love short answer and essay questions laughing

I have noticed that many of the guys profiles don't have interviews, but since I don't either I can't complain. Now I do have a problem with not having a picture up. I would like to see who I am communicating with.

Sep 26th 2012 new

Thanks for this post! I totally agree with this. I have fun taking the interviews and thinking about new questions to put on my own profile. They show quite a bit of who the individuals really are tongue

Sep 26th 2012 new
Well my interview was one thing that made my CM gent take notice. He not only took the interview (feel free to check mine out for ideas, though I'm not seeking right now wink ), but he also sent me a follow-up message explaining his choices. I was quite impressed! And now, cloudnine
Posts 11 - 20 of 37