Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

As most of you probably know, Pope Benedict XVI declared this year the "Year of Faith." Bishop Ricken offers 10 ways Catholics can live out the Year of Faith in the following article. Why not make it a goal to at least touch on all ten of these things during this coming year?

www.usccb.org

For those who don't have time to read the article, here is an abridged list:

1. Participate in Mass.
2. Go to Confession.
3. Learn about the lives of the saints.

4. Read the Bible daily.
5. Read the documents of Vatican II.
6. Study the Catechism.
7. Volunteer in the parish.
8. Help those in need.
9. Invite a friend to Mass.
10. Incorporate the Beatitudes into daily life.

Sep 25th 2012 new
One thing the Parish did I took Andrew to when he was young was have each child research their babtismal saints name and dress at that saint for an All Saints party. Then they got up and gave a five minute report as their saint. It was both fun and interesting to do...
Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: As most of you probably know, Pope Benedict XVI declared this year the "Year of Faith."...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

As most of you probably know, Pope Benedict XVI declared this year the "Year of Faith." Bishop Ricken offers 10 ways Catholics can live out the Year of Faith in the following article. Why not make it a goal to at least touch on all ten of these things during this coming year?

www.usccb.org

For those who don't have time to read the article, here is an abridged list:

1. Participate in Mass.
2. Go to Confession.
3. Learn about the lives of the saints.

4. Read the Bible daily.
5. Read the documents of Vatican II.
6. Study the Catechism.
7. Volunteer in the parish.
8. Help those in need.
9. Invite a friend to Mass.
10. Incorporate the Beatitudes into daily life.

--hide--

A year ago, or more, I found a link for a daily "Saint of the Day" to my inbox. It's a short selection, but I'm learning a lot and it has sent me off to do more research quite often. heart

www.americancatholic.org

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: A year ago, or more, I found a link for a daily "Saint of the Day" to my in...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

A year ago, or more, I found a link for a daily "Saint of the Day" to my inbox. It's a short selection, but I'm learning a lot and it has sent me off to do more research quite often.

www.americancatholic.org

--hide--

Thanks, AnneMarie! I will definitely get this for my iPod. It's nice to have people (saints!) everyday who we can look up to and strive to live more like.

Oct 1st 2012 new

I have signed up to read the Catechism in a year, flocknote (www.flocknote.com will email you a little bit everyday so that it could be read in a year. I also purchased "The Year of Faith A Bible Study Guide for Catholics" by Fr Mitch Pacwa, S.J. I could do with learning a little bit more about the saints.

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Nekeisha-896394 said: I have signed up to read the Catechism in a year, flocknote (www.flocknote.com.
(Quote) Nekeisha-896394 said:

I have signed up to read the Catechism in a year, flocknote (www.flocknote.com will email you a little bit everyday so that it could be read in a year. I also purchased "The Year of Faith A Bible Study Guide for Catholics" by Fr Mitch Pacwa, S.J. I could do with learning a little bit more about the saints.

--hide--

Wow, both of these sounds like awesome ideas!

Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: (Quote) Nekeisha-896394 said: I have signed up to read the Catechism in a ...

Quote:
Nekeisha-896394 said:

Wow, both of these sounds like awesome ideas!

--hide--

And by "sounds" I meant "sound." embarassed

Oct 1st 2012 new
I found a new book with Reflections from Pope John Paul II called rediscoverying the rosary. So far I have only read the intro but my favorite version of the rosary is a scriptural one so I am looking forward to reading my new book!
Oct 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: And by "sounds" I meant "sound."

And by "sounds" I meant "sound."

--hide--

Sometimes our fingers get away from us.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9