Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Dear Friends,

Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis of Assisi for peace after divorce. I hope you all will join me in praying this novena, which ends on St. Francis' feast day, October 4th.

You can find it each day on the "Hope and Healing For Divorced Catholics" page here at CatholicMatch under the "Daily Reflections" section.

www.catholicmatch.com

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy Praying

09/25/2012 new
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Friends, Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis of Ass...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:

Dear Friends,

Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis of Assisi for peace after divorce. I hope you all will join me in praying this novena, which ends on St. Francis' feast day, October 4th.

You can find it each day on the "Hope and Healing For Divorced Catholics" page here at CatholicMatch under the "Daily Reflections" section.

www.catholicmatch.com

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

I will join you on this one, I will admit I may add my private intention while saying it. Andrews confirmation name was St Francis of Assisi so I am praying for all those healing from loss of a loved one to death as well. angel
09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I will join you on this one, I will admit I may add my private intention while saying it...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I will join you on this one, I will admit I may add my private intention while saying it...
--hide--

Thanks, Brenda, and absolutely add your special intentions!

Your Sister in prayer - Lisa

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Friends, Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis ...

Dear Friends,

www.catholicmatch.com

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

and on Day 10 your ex perishes in a flaming car wreck? wink

09/25/2012 new

Joking aside, this is a healthy and good thing.

I was taught to pray for people I don't like or who've hurt me. To pray in an open-ended and never for specific things. Don't ask God to teach them a lesson or let them see the error of their ways or anything like that but instead pray "for all that's best and right for them".

When we do that long enough our attitude changes. Even if the person doesn't get any better as a human being, he/she sure seems much better BECAUSE our attitude and outlook changes: we begin to see the person as God sees him or her.

theheart

09/25/2012 new
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Friends, Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis of Ass...

Dear Friends,

www.catholicmatch.com

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

Is the link supposed to be to the Novena Prayer?? Or do I just google Novena to St Francis of Assisi?

Thanks
09/25/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Joking aside, this is a healthy and good thing...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Joking aside, this is a healthy and good thing...

--hide--

David,

Amen to your thoughts on praying AND your sense of humor :)

Thanks!

- Lisa Duffy

09/25/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Is the link supposed to be to the Novena Prayer?? Or do I just google Novena to St Francis of As...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Is the link supposed to be to the Novena Prayer?? Or do I just google Novena to St Francis of Assisi?

Thanks
--hide--

Dear Brenda,

I know the text shows "CatholicMatch.Com" but the actual link, if you click on it, will take you to the "Hope and Healing For Divorced Catholics" page. Just look down a little to the middle of the page and you will see the heading "Daily Reflections." That's where you will find my novena.

I look forward to praying with you!

- Lisa

09/25/2012 new
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Brenda, I know the text shows "CatholicMatch.Com"...

Dear Brenda,

I know the text shows "CatholicMatch.Com" but the actual link, if you click on it, will take you to the "Hope and Healing For Divorced Catholics" page. Just look down a little to the middle of the page and you will see the heading "Daily Reflections." That's where you will find my novena.

I look forward to praying with you!

- Lisa

--hide--

Thanks for the information Lisa angel
09/26/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Friends, Beginning tomorrow, I will ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Lisa-727959 said:

Dear Friends,

www.catholicmatch.com

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

and on Day 10 your ex perishes in a flaming car wreck?

--hide--

That would be too good for my ex

Posts 1 - 10 of 24