Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Sep 26th 2012 new

Things were going along rather smoothly until I came to part about having to include witnesses.....grrrrrrrr

Sep 26th 2012 new

I wish you luck. I am blessed on two counts. My most critical witness is my exhusband's sister-in-law to give his family's reactions and interactions, and she is helping me. The greater blessing is that she, my brother-in-law and my nephews and niece kept me after the divorce. I have no truer friend. heart

Sep 30th 2012 new
Hmmm I was married in my 20s single mom for years never remarried never got my marriage annulled never thought I could..I've recently thought about changing that and I've been divorced for 16 years. Stalling yep the loooong stall.
Oct 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Um...yeah. I have witnesses, marriage licenses, etcetera. The advocate was helping me review ...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Um...yeah. I have witnesses, marriage licenses, etcetera. The advocate was helping me review things. So I say I don't have the $300 filing fee. Do I really not have that $300 filing fee? Well, if I used the payment plan I could have it easily.

I also figure if I'm not available I don't have to worry about being rejected. Not being able to scrape up that extra $300 is a really convenient excuse.

--hide--

The filing fee is another drawback, and has kept me from moving forward.

Oct 1st 2012 new

I separated in the first year and a final time in 2002 after less than 2 years. I started my annulment in 2004, then a bunch of technicalities were brought up by the opposing side and had to start it over in mid 2005. It moved very slow but that was her plan, to stonewall everything to get me desperate, she knew I was a one women man. She changed every thing she knew was wrong with her and attempted to get me back. Unfortunately, it worked. Less than 2 years together once again. Again separated in 2009, annulment started for a 3rd time in 2010. Now I can say beyond any doubt, I won't be going back. So its been 2 years in the Diocese again, I just wish there was a "due process" clause in the canon.

Its better to get started now than to have wished you would have started it years earlier.

As far as the cost to process the annulment, I think it is very fair considering all they have to do. Also, I was offered to make payments. Total cost, $400.

Oct 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: The filing fee is another drawback, and has kept me from moving forward.
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

The filing fee is another drawback, and has kept me from moving forward.

--hide--

Reading others accounts of the annulment process makes me feel very blessed that the ADF in Oklahoma funds this process. So we are not required to pay a fee, I truly think folks just like me donate more to the ADF in the long run because we know how valuable our donations are & want to Pay it Forward to those still needing help. scratchchin
Posts 41 - 46 of 46