Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: resentment is poisonous to the person who feels it. the person who is resented is usually unaware...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

resentment is poisonous to the person who feels it. the person who is resented is usually unaware of or blissfully unconcerned with the resentment.

resentment is taking posion and expecting the other person to die. but it doesn't work that way.

in a divorce context, living well is the best revenge. we must let go and get on with our new lives. dwelling on what happened or on our ex's new situation (or partner/spouse) is sick.

--hide--

While this is 100% true it brings me little comfort. The best that I can do at this point is to have the "shake the dust off my feet" attitude.

10/07/2012 new

This is great. I think we've all had this feeling at one time or another. And you're right. Forgiveness isn't about saying that what they did was ok. It's about not letting what they did change who you are. Unless it's going to change you for better. If it changes you for worse, then they've won again

11/02/2012 new

How big our problems may be, they aren't that big or too much for the Lord. His peace, love, mercy and forgiveness is sufficient for all. Though we face the similiar situation. God is not too far from reach to answer. Lets have Christ's mind and heart and lets forgive and forget. Thats when you get peace of heart, mind and comfort from him.....Peace and blessings to you all who have had this experience. Lets put the Lord first and above every and anything. God bless all.......

Posts 21 - 23 of 23