Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes. Trying to leave the world and each situation and person better of than they were when he found th...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Yes. Trying to leave the world and each situation and person better of than they were when he found them would be a way I might describe this man.

--hide--

Reminds me of what we were taught in the boy and girl scouts. We were always taught to leave a place better than we found it. biggrin
Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I love this list Dawn. This is wonderful. It sounds like you describe a very grounded and centered man....

I love this list Dawn. This is wonderful. It sounds like you describe a very grounded and centered man.

--hide--

LOVE when men are focused and grounded. Maybe that's because I often feel like a kite being tossed around by the wind. I am attracted to someone who helps me be grounded and centered so I don't get carried away!
Sep 26th 2012 new
What types of qualities would a man of honor possess?

you dont lie

you dont cheat

you dont steal

you always hold the door for a lady.

you say what you mean, and you mean what you say.

thats what my dad told me anyway. thanks dad.
Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Chris-854100 said: What types of qualities would a man of honor possess? you dont lie you dont cheat ...
(Quote) Chris-854100 said: What types of qualities would a man of honor possess?

you dont lie

you dont cheat

you dont steal

--hide--
Excellent! Honor is something that is passed down. What great legacy!
Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes. Trying to leave the world and each situatio...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Yes. Trying to leave the world and each situation and person better of than they were when he found them would be a way I might describe this man.

Reminds me of what we were taught in the boy and girl scouts. We were always taught to leave a place better than we found it.
--hide--

ABSOLUTELY. I think it is so wonderful to see people go the extra mile and to participate in that process to make this world better and to help where it is needed. We needs to pray for those who serve in this way. That includes you and me Dawn and many others who do the work we do. wink hug

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Chris-854100 said: What types of qualities would a man of honor possess? you dont lie you dont cheat
(Quote) Chris-854100 said: What types of qualities would a man of honor possess?

you dont lie

you dont cheat

you dont steal

--hide--

EXCELLENT! I agree with Dawn that honor is something that is passed down. I would be proud of your Dad too as I am proud of mine for the same reasons!!!

Sep 26th 2012 new

Honor is a matter of your yes meaning yes and your no meaning no

Honor is embracing
God's principles and beliefs by bring them to life in ones life

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Honor is a matter of your yes meaning yes and your no meaning noHonor is embracing
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Honor is a matter of your yes meaning yes and your no meaning no

Honor is embracing
God's principles and beliefs by bring them to life in ones life

--hide--

THIS is great Casey! Thank you for posting in the forums and WELCOME!

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I read a profile recently where the gentleman listed this about himself stating that he is a man ...

I read a profile recently where the gentleman listed this about himself stating that he is a man of honor. I was very impressed and wanted to know more. What types of qualities would a man of honor possess? How would you describe him and how he lives? Thank you ahead of time for the discussion we will have!

Honor is a word we do not hear a lot these days. Do certain actions, qualities or behaviors and beliefs come to mind?

I have been teaching and I notice that in the public schools there is a serious attempt to teach values and morals as well as an attempt to help children promise to graduate from high school by having them make this pledge daily along with pledging to reach for other positive goals. They review the rules of good behavior each day as well. I am so impressed with this.

What do you think of this?

In an adult what constitutes honor?

--hide--

I would agree with Ray that a man of honor highly values integrity, but I think integrity is the driving force. I believe that a man of honor is someone who lives a virtuous life and finds the virtues to be the guidepost in his life. I would bring together the theological (faith, hope, love) and the cardinal (prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance) virtues in describing the virtues he lives. I believe integrity is what keeps him living those virtues. That he finds the virtues to be the core of his very self and to violate any of them is to violate his very self.

Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I would agree with Ray that a man of honor highly values integrity, but I think integrity is the driving ...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I would agree with Ray that a man of honor highly values integrity, but I think integrity is the driving force. I believe that a man of honor is someone who lives a virtuous life and finds the virtues to be the guidepost in his life. I would bring together the theological (faith, hope, love) and the cardinal (prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance) virtues in describing the virtues he lives. I believe integrity is what keeps him living those virtues. That he finds the virtues to be the core of his very self and to violate any of them is to violate his very self.

--hide--

faint I love the virtuous man-- such strength!
Posts 21 - 30 of 85