Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

pjmedia.com

The monroe doctrine is dead under Obama and we are in more and more danger every day. Breaking news....Iran just shipped long distance missiles to Venezuela that can reach us! The liberal media says nothing and Obama does nothing.

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: pjmedia.com monroe doctrine i...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

pjmedia.com

The monroe doctrine is dead under Obama and we are in more and more danger every day. Breaking news....Iran just shipped long distance missiles to Venezuela that can reach us! The liberal media says nothing and Obama does nothing.

--hide--
Tell me that this doesn't sound like these countries are preparing for World War 3 against us???? TEll me how doing nothng has prevented it? This never happened with our tough TX president and never would have and soon it will be too late to prevent what might happen.

09/26/2012 new

pjmedia.com

--hide--

Oh, I don't think this is passivity on Obama's part.

09/26/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Tell me that this doesn't sound like these countries are preparing for World War 3 against u...

Tell me that this doesn't sound like these countries are preparing for World War 3 against us???? TEll me how doing nothng has prevented it? This never happened with our tough TX president and never would have and soon it will be too late to prevent what might happen.

--hide--

Awhile ago I snapped the antennae off my car (not important to go into how, right now), but that means I only get reception for a handful of radio stations. Two of which are Christian (thankfully). One is Moody, out of the Chicagoland area. I actually enjoy hearing their talk shows because I learn a lot about what is going on in the world, much of which our regular radio/tv stations NEVER cover. Anyhow....

I don't know what Catholics believe in reference to one caller, but during one talk show, a woman was talking about how the coming of Jesus is like a woman in labor. When a woman is in labor, and as she gets closer to the main event (the birth), the birthing pains become increasingly stronger/more painful, longer in duration, and closer together. Until....ta-da, the child is born.

The caller stated that even though we do not know the hour/day when Jesus will return, it will be like a woman giving birth, where the "bad stuff" in the world will intensify, last longer, and happen closer together. (I think she also said there would be other scriptural signs, but I don't remember them, other than one might have to do with Israel). Whether that is true or not, it would be interesting to find out if anyone has ever charted something like this. Are things getting worse (in the world)? Are terrible things lasting longer? Happening more frequently?

I do not believe in behaving like Chicken Little, nor do I believe that we should be passive, but just know that our future history has already been written. We are to suffer, we are to be persecuted. But also know, (which you do), we're on the team that wins (Christ)!

09/26/2012 new

pjmedia.com

--hide--

It also gets worse. Taliban goatherders dressed as U.S solders infiltrated Camp Bravo in Afghanistan and killed two soldiers, and destroyed six irreplacable Harrier AV-8 jumpjets. They are literally irreplacable since production on them ceased in 1999.

This marks the biggest loss of aircraft in one incident since the Vietnam War, and a loss of 7% of the Marine's stock of AV-8 Harriers.

www.examiner.com

09/26/2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Awhile ago I snapped the antennae off my car (not important to go into how, right now), but...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Awhile ago I snapped the antennae off my car (not important to go into how, right now), but that means I only get reception for a handful of radio stations. Two of which are Christian (thankfully). One is Moody, out of the Chicagoland area. I actually enjoy hearing their talk shows because I learn a lot about what is going on in the world, much of which our regular radio/tv stations NEVER cover. Anyhow....

I don't know what Catholics believe in reference to one caller, but during one talk show, a woman was talking about how the coming of Jesus is like a woman in labor. When a woman is in labor, and as she gets closer to the main event (the birth), the birthing pains become increasingly stronger/more painful, longer in duration, and closer together. Until....ta-da, the child is born.

The caller stated that even though we do not know the hour/day when Jesus will return, it will be like a woman giving birth, where the "bad stuff" in the world will intensify, last longer, and happen closer together. (I think she also said there would be other scriptural signs, but I don't remember them, other than one might have to do with Israel). Whether that is true or not, it would be interesting to find out if anyone has ever charted something like this. Are things getting worse (in the world)? Are terrible things lasting longer? Happening more frequently?

I do not believe in behaving like Chicken Little, nor do I believe that we should be passive, but just know that our future history has already been written. We are to suffer, we are to be persecuted. But also know, (which you do), we're on the team that wins (Christ)!

--hide--

I agree with everything you said Wendy, great post!
09/27/2012 new
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Tell me that this doesn't sound like these count...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
Cheryl - Your conclusion is very plausible, in my opinion.

Wendy - Instantly thought of Revelations 12 - The Woman and the Dragon

1. A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

2. She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.

3. Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems.

4. It's tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth.

5. She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was cau
ght up to God and his throne.

6. The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days.

7. Then war broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back,

8. but they did not prevail and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.

9. The huge dragon, the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, was thrown down to earth, and its angels were thrown down with it

10. Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

Now have salvation and power come,

and the kingdom of our God

and the authority of his Anointed.

For the accuser* of our brothers is cast out,

who accuses them before our God day and night.

11. They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb

and by the word of their testimony;

love for life did not deter them from death.

12. Therefore, rejoice, you heavens,

and you who dwell in them.

But woe to you, earth and sea,

for the Devil has come down to you in great fury,

for he knows he has but a short time.

13. When the dragon saw that it had been thrown down to the earth, it pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.

14. But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle, so that she could fly to her place in the desert, where, far from the serpent, she was taken care of for a year, two years, and a half-year.

15. The serpent, however, spewed a torrent of water out of his mouth after the woman to sweep her away with the current.

16. But the earth helped the woman and opened its mouth and swallowed the flood that the dragon spewed out of its mouth.

17. Then the dragon became angry with the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring, those who keep Gods commandments and bear witness to Jesus.

18. It took its position on the sand of the sea.

***And I don't believe for one second that these current events are disconnected from the many apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary....to this day.
09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Awhile ago I snapped the antennae off my car (not important to go into how, right no...

--hide--
Yea, I don't know Wendy...that analysis of the 3rd coming is derived from Revelation, I believe, and I heard once a pretty neat theory that revelation is our Mass....the exact explanation of it...the words, everything...and Jesus does come again in our Mass....I like this theory much better. I think history is repeating itself...people keep making wars...the way it is worse is that we now have nukes they can use! It is scary.

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: pjmedia.com.
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

pjmedia.com

--hide--
What do you mean, Jerry....do you think he wants this and is making it happen?

09/28/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:...

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

pjmedia.com

What do you mean, Jerry....do you think he wants this and is making it happen?

--hide--

I won't go so far as to say I think that is what is happening, but it is a possibility that can't be eliminated. The situation certainly provides a very convenient October surprise. Whether he instigated it or merely recognized the potential benefit to him and decided to sit back and watch, who knows...

Posts 1 - 10 of 39