Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: That would be too good for my ex
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

That would be too good for my ex

--hide--

pray for her, for all that's best and right for her. this is the only way to heal your soul.

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Daniel-634934 said: That would be too good for my ex <...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Daniel-634934 said:

pray for her, for all that's best and right for her. this is the only way to heal your soul.

--hide--

Surely you jest.

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Surely you jest.

Surely you jest.

--hide--

no. i'm very serious. it's our christian duty to pray for those who've wronged us. it's also the ONLY way to recover and move on.

Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: That would be too good for my ex

--hide--

True healing begins when you pray to find peace and forgiveness in your heart and mean it. I know I am still working on it with the persons responsible for what happened to my son but with Gods grace I will find true healing of memories.... theheart
Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Surely you jest.

Quote:
Daniel-634934 said:

Surely you jest.

no. i'm very serious. it's our christian duty to pray for those who've wronged us. it's also the ONLY way to recover and move on.

--hide--

I have a much better idea. YOU pray for hermischievous

Sep 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Friends, Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis ...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:

Dear Friends,

Beginning tomorrow, I will be praying a novena for all of you to St. Francis of Assisi for peace after divorce. I hope you all will join me in praying this novena, which ends on St. Francis' feast day, October 4th.

You can find it each day on the "Hope and Healing For Divorced Catholics" page here at CatholicMatch under the "Daily Reflections" section.

www.catholicmatch.com

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

Lisa,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am joining you in prayer and thank you very much for this blessing.

Sep 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I have a much better idea. YOU pray for her

I have a much better idea. YOU pray for her

--hide--

I will pray for your healing of memories & ability to forgive.... rosary
Sep 26th 2012 new
I first used this prayer after my ex-husband divorced me, I now use it for a little bit of everything on healing of memories & pass it along to others. Try this prayer for 9 nights before you go to sleep:

Healing Prayer at Bedtime

Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit, go back into my memory as I sleep. Every hurt that has ever been done to me - heal that hurt. Every hurt that has ever been done to me - heal that hurt. All the relationships that have ever been damaged in my whole life that I am aware of - heal those relationships. But Lord, if there is anything that I need to do - if I need to go to a person because he is still suffering from my hand, bring to my awareness that person. I choose to forgive, and I ask to be forgiven. Remove whatever bitterness may be in my heart, Lord, and fill the empty spaces with your love. Thank you, Jesus, Amen...

Also I find it helpful to try to go to First Friday Masses.... Hope this helps. God Bless Brenda angel
Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: no. i'm very serious. it's our christian duty to pray for those who've wronge...

--hide--
You are very correct David in saying this.

Sep 27th 2012 new
I really like this idea, thanks for sharing. Count me in...
Posts 11 - 20 of 24