Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Singles need to help singles

Sep 27th 2012 new

With my two cents instead of singles just finding someone for themselves, they ought to also help other singles find the one they're looking for. It's good to reach out to others and not only be focused on ourselves. Helping one another would make a great difference with each other.

Sep 27th 2012 new

You are exactly right my brother, and some threads have been started with that thougth in mind. The only problem is the old adage: you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. Don't ask me whyboggled

Sep 27th 2012 new

Don't get me started!

I have tried to introduce people, create opportunities for people to meet, hook people up, get people together, tried to pass along email addresses and phone numbers and the fact that someone was interested, and I can't tell you the lack of interest or response from folks!!

Okay, this is your VOCATION, people...are you really open to/following God's prompting in such matters?

I would say for many, many of us, no we are not!

scratchchin boggled

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Don't get me started! I have tried to introduce people, create opportunities for people to...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Don't get me started!

I have tried to introduce people, create opportunities for people to meet, hook people up, get people together, tried to pass along email addresses and phone numbers and the fact that someone was interested, and I can't tell you the lack of interest or response from folks!!

Okay, this is your VOCATION, people...are you really open to/following God's prompting in such matters?

I would say for many, many of us, no we are not!

--hide--

This was the main reason I started the cookie threads. Another was to help people lighten up toward one another and lighten up in the forum.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: This was the main reason I started the cookie threads. Another was to help people lig...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

This was the main reason I started the cookie threads. Another was to help people lighten up toward one another and lighten up in the forum.

--hide--

You're one of the better peeps here! (((( Marian ))))

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: This was the main reason I started the cookie threads. Another was to help people lig...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

--hide--

There hasn't been a cookie thread in a long while, has there? And was it always women treating the men?
What about doing one with the men taking action, Marian? scratchchin hersheyskiss cookie

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: This was the main reason I started...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

You're one of the better peeps here! (((( Marian ))))

--hide--

Thank you Daniel. That was very kind.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: This was the main reason I started t...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

There hasn't been a cookie thread in a long while, has there? And was it always women treating the men?
What about doing one with the men taking action, Marian?

--hide--

Yes last year I had to focus on other things and asked someone to take over but it never got anywhere. AT this point I am still in need of focusing on other priorities. I wish I could. If someone else wanted to do it, I would definitely cheer them on.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: There hasn't been a cookie thread in a long while, has there? And was it always women trea...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

What about doing one with the men taking action, Marian?

--hide--
It's a good idea -- I'm out of cookies.... :wink

Some of the guys did participate. Fortunately, their expertise produced something edible. As for me, the best I could offer is Cajun-style cookies (blackened).

Oct 1st 2012 new

Singles ought to meet other singles and know none of us are alone being single. We all got to express our feelings of loneliness. We all need somebody in our lives.

Posts 1 - 10 of 32