Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Importing photos from Facebook

Sep 27th 2012 new

This has been something that has been requested in the past, and we always said, "Yes, that's a good idea!" but never moved on it.

That has changed now. It's still in what I would call a beta stage, and I'm interested in a few people trying it before I link it into the scrapbook upload page.

To give it a whirl, go to www.catholicmatch.com and let me know what you think about it specifically - and whether this type of cross-platform integration is something that I should pursue further.

Thanks!

Sep 27th 2012 new

I like it as it doesn't throw stuff up on my facebook page. There is a glitch though. I chose two photos, it doubled them on. I selected two to delete and hit import. It imported the duplicated photos. I had to go into edit my profile to take the dups out.

Sep 27th 2012 new

Was one of them from the first album? The one that's not a real album, but photos where you were tagged? If it is, then it will be easy for me to fix. If the photo actually exists in two or more albums, well, unless I do detection on the photo's contents (which is too much overhead), duplicate photos WILL end up as duplicated when they are imported.

Sep 27th 2012 new

> nothing will posted to your Facebook page

You're no fun!!!

Sep 27th 2012 new

I think both were from the first album and that would explain it. It was an easy fix and not a malfunction. Thanks!

Sep 27th 2012 new

tongue my worlds collide all over the place...my job, my twelve-step group, my church and my ministry...there are people from ALL of those places on my facebook page. I am open about who I am and what I'm doing, but the sheer volume of detail that people are willing to share on that venue is a little frightening. There are some CM people on that list, too. laughing laughing heart

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > nothing will posted to your Facebook page You're no fun!!!
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

You're no fun!!!

--hide--

Hey, as much as it still exists, I enjoy privacy. And using the Facebook javascript API, the only thing that actually gets sent to CM servers is the URLs/captions of the images. That's a good thing. The less everyone knows the better ;) I just wanted to point out that .

Sep 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > nothing will posted to your Facebook page
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

You're no fun!!!

Hey, as much as it still exists, I enjoy privacy. And using the Facebook javascript API, the only thing that actually gets sent to CM servers is the URLs/captions of the images. That's a good thing. The less everyone knows the better ;) I just wanted to point out that .

--hide--

Nathan,

I agree with you on the privacy issue. There some things I wish to keep personal. I have not gotten to that point in life where I share random information with most people I meet ...........and not sure I will ever change. Of course, if I got into a relationship, sure I will share. The other party needs to know whether or not I am a crook or the real deal. laughing

Regarding importing Facebook photos - matters none to me as I am not on that site often enough.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Sep 27th 2012 new

tried it and it seemed to work fine. I wish there was a way to resize and cut the photos. Because FB photos often have friends in them that maybe we wouldn't want on CM.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9