Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Have you noticed the world about us today? Take a closer look. It teems with people who take up arms at the very mention of God! People present Evolution as fact, even teaching it in schools as such. Atheists, Agnostics, and other disbelievers almost seem to drown out those who adore God. Contraception, Sex, Abortion, Lesbianism and Homosexuality almost seem to be the norm. If I so much as mention, "oh that sounded gay" a person breaks in with, " Excuse me!? Gay people have rights to you know, you should apologize, that offended me." (Never mind that that Heterosexuals also have "rights." also ignore that she has just offended me as well.) That never even occured to her as she was so intent on hushing a voice that speaks the truth.

I beg you pardon. allow me to ask a question, please.

Why is it that they can impose their disbelief on the world, yet i cannot present my beliefs? Why must I be silent, when in fact, they are the minority party, far more people collectively believe in the existence of a God than do not? Also, why must I remove God from society on the grounds that it offends disbelievers, as the removal of God also offends believers, the majority of the world? For how long shall we permit these relative few to control us? For how long shall we submit? I call upon you, and you alone, each one of you, to stand up and show the world that we will never break, show them, like the Israelites, we cannot be conquered. Fight! we cannot tolerate injustice! When you die and stand before your God, you Creator, will you be able to say that you have spread Christianity and fought the Devil? Will you? You decide.

09/28/2012 new

Hi Dominic:

You are full of youth and valor. We need young poeple with ideals and high standards.

Me, I prefer to pray, accept and just say I don't agree. After all, He loves us all. He knows us. Would Jesus take up arms? Would he violently hurt someone?

I am so, sooo imperfect, I cannot tell others if they're right or wrong. All I can do is point them in what I have been shownin the right direction (with Mercy in the Church).

I understand perfectly well what you feel. I just gave some people a piece of my mind on a Hallowee forum... Hello? What is that even being considered??? scratchchin

09/29/2012 new

Dominic, absolutely right what you say and the questions you put up.

Thanks to God in this word are still young people who don’t go with the mainstream. Keep it up, the world needs people like you, but also those who pray. Those who love Christ and stand up for them, speak for Him, for those He will stand up also in front of His Father.

It is always good to fight – but only the fight of and for love, just like Jesus did. Sometimes it is good to keep quiet, bare the pain, suffer and offer it up– Jesus did that when He was brought to Pilatus…

09/29/2012 new

(Quote) Dominic-818555 said: Have you noticed the world about us today? Take a closer look. It teems with people who take up...
(Quote) Dominic-818555 said:

Have you noticed the world about us today? Take a closer look. It teems with people who take up arms at the very mention of God! People present Evolution as fact, even teaching it in schools as such. Atheists, Agnostics, and other disbelievers almost seem to drown out those who adore God. Contraception, Sex, Abortion, Lesbianism and Homosexuality almost seem to be the norm. If I so much as mention, "oh that sounded gay" a person breaks in with, " Excuse me!? Gay people have rights to you know, you should apologize, that offended me." (Never mind that that Heterosexuals also have "rights." also ignore that she has just offended me as well.) That never even occured to her as she was so intent on hushing a voice that speaks the truth.

Why is it that they can impose their disbelief on the world, yet i cannot present my beliefs? Why must I be silent, when in fact, they are the minority party, far more people collectively believe in the existence of a God than do not? Also, why must I remove God from society on the grounds that it offends disbelievers, as the removal of God also offends believers, the majority of the world? For how long shall we permit these relative few to control us? For how long shall we submit? I call upon you, and you alone, each one of you, to stand up and show the world that we will never break, show them, like the Israelites, we cannot be conquered. Fight! we cannot tolerate injustice! When you die and stand before your God, you Creator, will you be able to say that you have spread Christianity and fought the Devil? Will you? You decide.

--hide--

The word of God is not of this world. As a result, the world rejects the word of God.

John 17:13
And now I come to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy filled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world; as I also am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from evil. 16 They are not of the world, as I also am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them in truth. Thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for them do I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

The best way to fight the devil is to following the examples of theheartJesus and Marytheheart

09/29/2012 new

(Quote) Dominic-818555 said: Have you noticed the world about us today? Take a closer look. It teems with people who take up...

--hide--

Have you ever attended a World Youth Day? I was blessed to attend 2 as a chaperone (Italy & France). I wish you would be able to go to the next one. Many young men / women have been preparing for it (bake sales, raffles, etc.), my oldest son included.

In those gatherings, one sees a vibrant Church. It is just amazing the pulll our Lord has on young people. He calls many... few answer. To see waves of them going up between the ones seatted to get to the priests to be blessed to start a discernment preriod before consacrating their lives always bring tears to my eyes - even if I just follow it on TV nowadays.

09/29/2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: (Quote) Dominic-818555 said: Have you noticed the world about us today? Tak...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Quote:
Dominic-818555 said:

Have you ever attended a World Youth Day? I was blessed to attend 2 as a chaperone (Italy & France). I wish you would be able to go to the next one. Many young men / women have been preparing for it (bake sales, raffles, etc.), my oldest son included.

In those gatherings, one sees a vibrant Church. It is just amazing the pulll our Lord has on young people. He calls many... few answer. To see waves of them going up between the ones seatted to get to the priests to be blessed to start a discernment preriod before consacrating their lives always bring tears to my eyes - even if I just follow it on TV nowadays.

--hide--

In spite of what I see adults doing in the world, I see our youth in this world as generally open and curious about spirituality. At times they may close up during phases especially when experimenting and then open up back again, later.. at least we pray for that. I see the most evil and lack of spirituality in the secular push to remove God from our every day lives but not in my clients and not in the children and adolescents I work with. I find most people are open to God in some measure or to spirituality in some measure because I believe that all humans look for meaning in their lives. For those raised without religion, it is amazing what they are like when they begin to ask about it!

09/29/2012 new

--hide--

In spite of all the things you mention, I have a lot of hope in my heart. It has grown as I have prayed these 54 day novenas we pray on this site.(Visit the Prayer Room to learn more.) It has grown since i have been reading and studying some aspect of apologetics and so on and have made friends who do the same. I think that the people groups and types of unbelievers you cite here who seem to lead lives without God do have God move through and try to touch their lives. I think God does try to touch them in various ways. I think I remain or am freshly positive about God's ability to get through to them in spite of all we see around us in the media and all that we know these people do to harm themselves. I think the media blows certain people groups out of proportion to make themselves and their beliefs appear to have more representation. Perhaps I am wrong. It is very possible I am all wrong but because I work with people and I try to help, no matter who they are, I have hope.

In spite of atheism and agnosticism and all forms of sexual experimentation and addiction, God is moving. There are Christians who are in school and who are learning and practicing apologetics and who are learning how to confront these things.

People who pray are not going to always be the ones we hear about out there in the marketplace because it is not the most dramatic or popular pass time but we exist and so do praying and holy people in every age group.

I agree with you that there is a militant hatred toward Christians or those who would squelch certain lifestyles and I see it. I have seen attitudes tighten up with a veggance since the 80's, but somehow I think it is led by political interests rather than all the people. I think that prayer changes things and counts for something. If you think about all of the aborted babies as martyrs to that lifestyle, and we think about their souls and their and our prayers rising, how can God not continue to bring his kingdom if we sincerely make reparation and pray for Him to do so and to send His Holy Spirit on the Earth which needs Him more than we ever have?

09/29/2012 new

I joined several groups some of which read philosophy, Augustine and Aquinas and other books of these types on issues of Darwin etc., and I have friends who are thinking on these issues in their world each day. This has empowered me to not give up hope to the heavy influence of evil in the world right now.
Fr Barron comments on what happens when spirituality is pushed to be repressed in us due to cultural forces such as we see today:

www.youtube.com

09/29/2012 new

I think if you look for spiritual interest in the world today, You will find it. Your job right now might be to go get fortified by God before you try to tackle all of that... None of us can do much without taxing ourselves terribly, alone. We are part of the Body of Christ..

Here is another video of Fr. Barron.

www.youtube.com

09/29/2012 new

Dominic, One of my friends has this blog and wonders about the same things you are concerned about every day. Here is yesterdays post . he did a book review that addresses your concerns to some extent.

peterseanesq.blogspot.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 12