Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: pjmedia.com monroe doctrine i...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

pjmedia.com

The monroe doctrine is dead under Obama and we are in more and more danger every day. Breaking news....Iran just shipped long distance missiles to Venezuela that can reach us! The liberal media says nothing and Obama does nothing.

--hide--

Here a my very brief take on this. Having studied in the US, I'm quite familiar with your / our history. For enlightening purposes, I quote: "The Monroe Doctrine is a policy of the United States introduced on December 2, 1823. It stated that further efforts by European nations to colonize land or interfere with states in North or South America would be viewed as acts of aggression requiring U.S. intervention"

The US returned the territories occupied by the Armed Forces in 2000. Nevertheless, in the Torrijos-Carter Treaty there's a clause that states that the US can "invade" (I apologize for not having the quote) Panama if there's a thread to the Canal. Now, it is impossible to "defend" the Canal, just like you could not "defend" the Mississippi or the Nile river. Thus, it has been plain from the start that that specific clause is intended as an apology for military purposes.

So, you see, the Monroe Doctrine is alive and kicking!

In two years the Canal will have it's 100 B-day, and the new set of locks (so that the Post-Panamax ships will be able to transit) will be inaugurated.

Talk about a small country stuck between a rock and a hard place! eyepopping

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: pjmedia.com monroe doctrine i...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

pjmedia.com

The monroe doctrine is dead under Obama and we are in more and more danger every day. Breaking news....Iran just shipped long distance missiles to Venezuela that can reach us! The liberal media says nothing and Obama does nothing.

--hide--

We are under the rule of the bankers and they don't care about us. The have their bomb shelters already built.

The prophecy is that all of god's children will be taken first and the non-believers will be let be to manage what's left. I just hope to be taken first, as there's nothing I can do about the rest. Our beloved hilary already announced war with Iran a week ago. www.youtube.com. We are the puppets of Isreal. Now, we're just waiting for the day and time. Enjoy life while you can.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: We are under the rule of the bankers and they don't care about us. The have...
(Quote) Terry-889149 said:

We are under the rule of the bankers and they don't care about us. The have their bomb shelters already built.

The prophecy is that all of god's children will be taken first and the non-believers will be let be to manage what's left. I just hope to be taken first, as there's nothing I can do about the rest. Our beloved hilary already announced war with Iran a week ago. www.youtube.com. We are the puppets of Isreal. Now, we're just waiting for the day and time. Enjoy life while you can.

--hide--

What prophecy are you talking about? I don't believe there is any such belief in the Catholic faith.

Sep 28th 2012 new

Never hear that one, either!

scratchchin

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: What prophecy are you talking about? I don't believe there is any such belief in th...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

What prophecy are you talking about? I don't believe there is any such belief in the Catholic faith.

--hide--

Hey, Patricia.. U have 666 posts! How appropriate to be speaking of Armageddon! laughing

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Hey, Patricia.. U have 666 posts! How appropriate to be speaking of Armageddon!
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Hey, Patricia.. U have 666 posts! How appropriate to be speaking of Armageddon!

--hide--

Oh no! Then again, "All things work together for good to those who love God". Romans 8:28

On a serious note, we should not play into any of these types of superstitions, but merely laugh at them (as St. Teresa of Avila laughed at the devil when he kept bothering here at night when she was trying to sleep).

Sep 28th 2012 new

yes... Just some Comic Relief...

I knew U'd get it!

hug

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: I won't go so far as to say I think that is what is happening, but i...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

I won't go so far as to say I think that is what is happening, but it is a possibility that can't be eliminated. The situation certainly provides a very convenient October surprise. Whether he instigated it or merely recognized the potential benefit to him and decided to sit back and watch, who knows...

--hide--
Netanyahu has granted us a reprieve- he now says we have until next summer to fall into line and sanction (support) an attack on Iran. Whew! rolling eyes

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: We are under the rule of the bankers and they don't care about us. The have...

--hide--
The "Rapture" scenario is a relatively recent fundamentalist interpretation that we Catholics do not subscribe to. We can rest easy for a while though, our puppetmaster Bow has given the White House 'till next summer to fall into line.

Sep 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Terry-889149 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: pjmedia.com.

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

pjmedia.com

--hide--
There are different interpretations of revelation...I believe that is a protestant interpretation....who knows though. I like the interpretation that I talked about earlier about how Revelation is talking about our Mass...if you look at the words in revelation and the words in our mass, there is a lot alike...plus Jesus is coming again every time we have mass....He comes again and all the angels surround him....I LOVE THIS!

Posts 11 - 20 of 39