Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 29th 2012 new
Alberto,

I would say that I like any compliment that shows that the gentleman has paid attention to me--it is specifically about me, and is not generic . . . or if it is a line out of a Hallmark card, it is delivered sincerely, with his eyes looking into mine.

One note about compliments though: make them entirely positive. If someone compliments my singing voice, I don't ever want to hear "You are so much better than so and so" or anything that degrades or puts down someone else, even if it is you! By having a negative in the compliment, it takes the joy away.

Another example:

"What a lovely thread, so much better than some of the other topics posted" boggled vs "What a lovely thread, thank you for starting such a positive dialogue!" biggrin

So thank you for this lovely thread, and I hope you and the other gentlemen enjoy giving the compliments as much as we ladies like to receive them.

Pax et bonum!

Rae
Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Wow! Mine made get pen and paper as he told me how to operate the sprinkler system. <...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Wow! Mine made get pen and paper as he told me how to operate the sprinkler system.

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing Too funny, Kathy! Hmmm.... scratchchin ...my lawn is totally brown right now....but then, we never did get the sprinklers put in, either. Just have to wait til it rains! wink

Sep 29th 2012 new
A couple others have said it, and I'll echo it because it was the first thing that came to mind: a genuine compliment is the best kind to give, as well as to receive.
Sep 29th 2012 new

One guy I went on a couple of dates with melted me....he was telling me the next few days at work were going to be tough and I told him I would be praying for him. He said I was precious. It's great to hear my eyes, my smile, my whatever are nice, but that was spontaneous & sincere, always remembered that!

Sep 29th 2012 new

Rae I agree completely. A compliment should always be sincere and should never include something negative. While compliments on appearance are flattering, they're something some random person walking through Wal-Mart could give you. The best compliments are about personality or something that person has been trying to achieve.

Sep 29th 2012 new
One sincerely given... fluffy
Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: The best compliments are the ones about qualities I really value or am trying to improve. For exa...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

The best compliments are the ones about qualities I really value or am trying to improve. For example, while I certainly appreciate compliments on how I look, I would much rather receive a compliment about a virtue. It not only gives me some positive reinforcement on becoming the person I want to be, but it tells me the person I'm receiving the compliment from is looking a little bit deeper.

--hide--

I agree Laura! Complements are always better when addressing virtue, personality, creativity or a gift someone has. I almost find comments about my looks insulting. It is just not what I want a guy to like me for. Looks come and go. Sadly the only good complement I had lately is ' l like your cat.'

Sep 29th 2012 new

One from your heart.

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: You're the most beautiful woman in my world ...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

You're the most beautiful woman in my world ...

--hide--

That sounds like such an honest thing... not comparing to anyone ot the whole world, because there will always be someone prettier... butit means she IS in your world... so much said in few words...

I would melt me right there!

lovestruck!

Sep 29th 2012 new

The best compliment is any one that is sincerely given.

Posts 31 - 40 of 45