Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Best compliment would be to be plugged like a flower and get married ...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

Best compliment would be to be plugged like a flower and get married ...

--hide--

Andrea, do you really mean "plugged"? laughing laughing laughing laughing weeping weeping weeping weeping

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Andrea, do you really mean "plugged"?
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Andrea, do you really mean "plugged"?

--hide--

Paul, I mean: wie eine Blume unter den vielen die es gibt, erwählt und gepfückt zu werden.

Sorry that my English is not that good and that I probably often make mistakes in writing boggled (it is not my mother language) , so, that many times I might be misunderstood. I am not afraid to make mistakes ... But thank you for mentioning it Bow

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: The best compliment would be if it came in al...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

The best compliment would be if it came in all sincerity. Doesn't have to be flowery words.

The best compliment I ever got was from my late husband a few days before he passed. He called me into the kitchen and asked me to sit at the table with him. He took my hands in his, looked me in the eyes, and preceded to tell me that I was the strongest woman he had ever know, and thanked me for being his wife.

Amazing, Linda, that God created TWO men like that....for my late husband also thanked me for being his wife...We have been blessed.

--hide--

Interesting! My parents' marriage was not a happy one, sort of 'marriage in name only' for the lack of companionship/teamwork/etc that was there. My father had Alzheimer's the last 8yrs of his life, and near the end, he spent a lot more time in fantasy past than anywhere else. My mother told me about a particular day where he had been complaining that it was getting dark and someone should bring the team of horses up from the barn.... Mom said that his eyes would get a different look to them when he was 'in that other world'. After a while, she went to Dad, who looked at her with clear eyes and said, "We had a good life. Thank you for a good life." And those were the last present words he spoke. He died a week or two after that.

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: The best compliments are the ones about qualities I really value or am trying to improve. For exa...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

The best compliments are the ones about qualities I really value or am trying to improve. For example, while I certainly appreciate compliments on how I look, I would much rather receive a compliment about a virtue. It not only gives me some positive reinforcement on becoming the person I want to be, but it tells me the person I'm receiving the compliment from is looking a little bit deeper.

--hide--

That's understandable that you'd want to be more complimented on your virtue. Looks of course matter even though they don't last forever.

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: You're the most beautiful woman in my world ...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

You're the most beautiful woman in my world ...

--hide--
"My" is the key word there - very nice . hug

Posts 41 - 45 of 45