Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: (Quote) Pat-5351 said: To me it means someone who lives by a code of prinicip...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Quote:
Pat-5351 said:

To me it means someone who lives by a code of priniciples that are higher ideals than satisfying or serving his own self interest, and that despite personal sacrifice to himself, adheres to those principles, no matter what. That's a man of honor to me.

Sounds like what one sees when they enter Chase Hall at the Coast Guard Academy..

Who Lives Here Reveres Honor, Honors Duty

--hide--

Thank you BOB!!!

Sep 30th 2012 new
Honor is simply doing the right thing, no matter what the personal cost is. If you make a mistake it involves admitting it and excepting responsibility for it.
Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-103196 said: Honor is simply doing the right thing, no matter what the personal cost is. If you make a mistake it i...
(Quote) Michael-103196 said: Honor is simply doing the right thing, no matter what the personal cost is. If you make a mistake it involves admitting it and excepting responsibility for it.
--hide--

Thank you Michael. I appreciate your post!

Sep 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Marissa this is beautifully put!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Marissa this is beautifully put!

--hide--

Thanks, Marian, and happy birthday party
Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-816246 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Marissa this is beautifully put!
(Quote) Marissa-816246 said:
Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Marissa this is beautifully put!

Thanks, Marian, and happy birthday
--hide--

Thanks Marissa. I hope you post more often!

Sep 30th 2012 new

Any person who is true to his word, is fair and honest, who has integrity and does the right thing.

Sep 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: Any person who is true to his word, is fair and honest, who has integrity and does the ...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

Any person who is true to his word, is fair and honest, who has integrity and does the right thing.

--hide--

He has to be able to discern and do the right thing yes! heart

Oct 2nd 2012 new
The first thing I thought when I read this is that it is a little arrogant and not very honorable to describe yourself as a man of honor. It would be more honorable to say that honor is something we strive for but do not presume to have.
Oct 2nd 2012 new
Every man has honour ( the sum of his reputation, his integrery, his degree of respect toward others) and should act accordingly. His actions or words serve to increase or decrease this characteristic.
Oct 2nd 2012 new

Great post Marian.... there are a lot of men on this site who share those characteristics and it fills me with hope. Seems to me that a man of honour has honesty, gentleness and humility of soul and someone who sticks to his principles (a man who acts like Christ to others) but prepared to listen to both sides of an arguement and make a reasoned decision. biggrin biggrin

Posts 71 - 80 of 85