Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I hope so....how anyone would know in an email though....

Oh, and I suggest you read my other posts in this thread about what Bishop Paproski said.

I became aware of Bishop Paprocki's comments yesterday, and I couldn't agree more with them. Obama and Romney are both supporters of abortion, both supporters of an intrinsic evil. I will not be jeopardizing my soul by casting my vote for either of them.

www.youtube.com

"A vote for a candidate who promotes actions or behaviors that are intrinsically evil and gravely sinful makes you morally complicit and places the eternal salvation of your own soul in serious jeopardy" - Bishop Paprocki

Charles, Romney is not going to promote abortions as does Obama....PROMOTE breing the key word as per the Bishop and his running mate is 100 percent prolife....and since Obama is PROMOTING abortions with our tax dollars your soul as per the blshop is in jeopardy.

On the video Romney does not say he will send our tax dollars overseas for abortions or fund planned parenthood...Obama has done this for the past four years....he is the lesser of two evil and not intrinsically evil since he will not be promoting it....as is Obama....again as per the bishop...your soul....

What he is doing is following the republican platform as did Paul (stay out of it, etc.)....Romney and Ron Paul are the same on this issue and as I recollect you were supporting Paul...though I could sware you are supporting Obama now.....Ryan is the one who said he thinks abortions are wrong in all instances as did Santorum!

Thank you Cheryl.

This is getting seriously ridiculous. But let's go back to class....

Pro-Life Groups Applaud Selection of Pro-Life Rep. Paul Ryan - www.lifenews.com

A SOLID PRO-LIFE TICKET FOR A PRO-LIFE AMERICA - National Right to Life Praises Romney-Ryan Ticketwww.nrlc.org

Obama vs. Romney -- The Choice Is Clear www.catholicvote.org

And guess who chose the 100% pro-life "altar boy" to be his Vice President....Romney!

Wow...that is a good point...I didn't think about putting it that way....that choice alone makes us think he is moldable....look at Obama's choice of a very liberal in name only Catholic who persecutes our faith.

--hide--
By that "choice" I mean his choosing Ryan....shows a really good start with good decision making towards our beliefs.

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

I hope so....how anyone would know in an email though....

Oh, and I suggest you read my other posts in this thread about what Bishop Paproski said.

I became aware of Bishop Paprocki's comments yesterday, and I couldn't agree more with them. Obama and Romney are both supporters of abortion, both supporters of an intrinsic evil. I will not be jeopardizing my soul by casting my vote for either of them.

www.youtube.com

"A vote for a candidate who promotes actions or behaviors that are intrinsically evil and gravely sinful makes you morally complicit and places the eternal salvation of your own soul in serious jeopardy" - Bishop Paprocki

Charles, Romney is not going to promote abortions as does Obama....PROMOTE breing the key word as per the Bishop and his running mate is 100 percent prolife....and since Obama is PROMOTING abortions with our tax dollars your soul as per the blshop is in jeopardy.

On the video Romney does not say he will send our tax dollars overseas for abortions or fund planned parenthood...Obama has done this for the past four years....he is the lesser of two evil and not intrinsically evil since he will not be promoting it....as is Obama....again as per the bishop...your soul....

What he is doing is following the republican platform as did Paul (stay out of it, etc.)....Romney and Ron Paul are the same on this issue and as I recollect you were supporting Paul...though I could sware you are supporting Obama now.....Ryan is the one who said he thinks abortions are wrong in all instances as did Santorum!

Thank you Cheryl.

This is getting seriously ridiculous. But let's go back to class....

Pro-Life Groups Applaud Selection of Pro-Life Rep. Paul Ryan - www.lifenews.com

A SOLID PRO-LIFE TICKET FOR A PRO-LIFE AMERICA - National Right to Life Praises Romney-Ryan Ticketwww.nrlc.org

Obama vs. Romney -- The Choice Is Clear www.catholicvote.org

And guess who chose the 100% pro-life "altar boy" to be his Vice President....Romney!
--hide--

Actually, didn't Ryan say in an interview it was a start and he could "work" on him towards 100% prolife.

09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: What he is doing is following the republican platform as did Paul (stay out of it, etc.)....Romney and Ron Pau...

--hide--
With that mind-set Charles shouldn't vote or support Rom Paul either. Here's what Laura #56149 said to Charles about Ron Paul/his stance on abortion in another thread:

"All the more reason to get Romney/Ryan in to fix this mess. I can't even imagine what would happen under Ron Paul. He lives in fantasy land. His foreign policy beliefs are truly frightening considering the mess going on in this world. He also has a blurry line with being pro choice and pro life.

Is the reason he voted against the sex selection abortion ban was to keep his morals and principles? He also has no problem with contraception and Plan B the morning after contraception and I am sure he doesn't mind doing a little snipping for sterilization.

www.lifesitenews.com

Point is he isn't Mr. Perfect either. They all have their flaws, it is up to this country to stand together and change things one step at a time. First step? Get Obama out before we become a Muslim nation!"

www.catholicmatch.com
09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: With that mind-set Charles shouldn't vote or support Rom Paul either. Here's what Laura #56149 sa...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: With that mind-set Charles shouldn't vote or support Rom Paul either. Here's what Laura #56149 said to Charles about Ron Paul/his stance on abortion in another thread:

"All the more reason to get Romney/Ryan in to fix this mess. I can't even imagine what would happen under Ron Paul. He lives in fantasy land. His foreign policy beliefs are truly frightening considering the mess going on in this world. He also has a blurry line with being pro choice and pro life.

Is the reason he voted against the sex selection abortion ban was to keep his morals and principles? He also has no problem with contraception and Plan B the morning after contraception and I am sure he doesn't mind doing a little snipping for sterilization.

www.lifesitenews.com

Point is he isn't Mr. Perfect either. They all have their flaws, it is up to this country to stand together and change things one step at a time. First step? Get Obama out before we become a Muslim nation!"

www.catholicmatch.com
--hide--

We are also voting for vice-president too and if anything happnens to the president we definitely would rather have Ryan than Biden!

09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: That is incorrect....Obama is 100 percent in favor of abortions and said he wouldn't "pun...

That is incorrect....Obama is 100 percent in favor of abortions and said he wouldn't "punish" his daughter with a baby if she got pregnant. He also has supported and PROMOTED killing the baby even if it was born alive....plenty of people have posted the links to these sites that show this. He PROMOTED more abortions than any other president ever by using tax dollars to fund them overseas AS WELL AS increasing funding to planned parenthood and other abortionist via Obama care with our tax dollars. Romney will NOT use tax dollars to fund abortions or birth control and will not take away our freedom of religion.

I highlighted above where the Bishop says a vote for a candidate that promotes intrinsic evil puts your sould at risk....you were willing for some reason to vote for Ron Paul who held the same beliefs as Romney but not for Romney.....I still adhere to the fact that if you aren't helping Romney to get in, you are helping Obama....PERIOD....this is a two party race....PERIOD.

--hide--

I think we've beaten this horse to death. Nobody is going to convince the other either way. In my view, in 5 weeks we'll get a pro-choice, pro-war, pro-corporate welfare president, no matter which way the election goes. I won't allow myself to be insulted by voting under the false pretense that I have a choice in the matter.
09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: So you all agree with Craig that Romney will win the election and serve only one term? Because he, too, will b...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

So you all agree with Craig that Romney will win the election and serve only one term? Because he, too, will be judged inadequate?

"A good man is hard to find." - Flannery O'Connor

--hide--

If polls are to be believed, it doesn't look good for Romney. If he does manage to pull it off, I think it's too difficult to say what 2016 will bring. After the 2008 election, I was fairly sure that the economy would be so bad after 4 years that the incumbent wouldn't stand a chance. The economy is bad, to be sure, but it hasn't quite yet reached the painful point of liquidation and correction which is yet to come. Maybe it'll happen in the next four years, in which case the then-incumbant would have an uphill battle ahead of them. But here I am making predictions again...
09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Actually, didn't Ryan say in an interview it was a start and he could "work" on him ...

Actually, didn't Ryan say in an interview it was a start and he could "work" on him towards 100% prolife.

--hide--
Ryan said this is a very good start! Indeed it is! My conscience would not permit me to throw away this God-given opportunity to usher morality back into the Oval Office. To me, THAT would be immoral.

At Mass today, Father was talking about Niagara Falls...and then it went into this known teaching story.

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, Were leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us! But the man declined. I have faith that God will save me.

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly! But the man again said, No thanks, God will save me.

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. We will come up and rescue you! they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. No thank you! God will save me!

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, I put all of my faith in You. Why didnt You come and save me?

And God said, Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?
09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: That is incorrect....Obama is 100 perce...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

That is incorrect....Obama is 100 percent in favor of abortions and said he wouldn't "punish" his daughter with a baby if she got pregnant. He also has supported and PROMOTED killing the baby even if it was born alive....plenty of people have posted the links to these sites that show this. He PROMOTED more abortions than any other president ever by using tax dollars to fund them overseas AS WELL AS increasing funding to planned parenthood and other abortionist via Obama care with our tax dollars. Romney will NOT use tax dollars to fund abortions or birth control and will not take away our freedom of religion.

I highlighted above where the Bishop says a vote for a candidate that promotes intrinsic evil puts your sould at risk....you were willing for some reason to vote for Ron Paul who held the same beliefs as Romney but not for Romney.....I still adhere to the fact that if you aren't helping Romney to get in, you are helping Obama....PERIOD....this is a two party race....PERIOD.

I think we've beaten this horse to death. Nobody is going to convince the other either way. In my view, in 5 weeks we'll get a pro-choice, pro-war, pro-corporate welfare president, no matter which way the election goes. I won't allow myself to be insulted by voting under the false pretense that I have a choice in the matter.
--hide--

Pro-corporate welfare with Romney???? Only Obama has been PROMOTING abortions and will use our tax dollars further to do so....this is FACT...the last four years prove this...Romney says he won't do this...your opinion means nothing until you have FACT.....you are helping Obama who has PROMOTED killing babies born alive too with bills something Romney has never done...if I'm understanding the Bishop...you soul is in peril.

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...

Quote:
Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Pro-corporate welfare with Romney???? Only Obama has been PROMOTING abortions and will use our tax dollars further to do so....this is FACT...the last four years prove this...Romney says he won't do this...your opinion means nothing until you have FACT.....you are helping Obama who has PROMOTED killing babies born alive too with bills something Romney has never done...if I'm understanding the Bishop...you soul is in peril.

--hide--

Also and very importantly...only ONE of these men has a chance to SAVE the ECONOMY....Obama has taken it in the wrong direction for the last four years...as Eastwood put it...we need to "fire him" in this regard alone....and give someone else a chance to fix it.

09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Pro-corporate welfare with Romney???? Only Obama has been PROMOTING abortions and will use our ta...

--hide--

Then you're not understanding the Bishop. You're reading into his statement something that he never said, nor even alluded.
Posts 21 - 30 of 114