Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Pro-corporate welfare with Romney???? O...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Pro-corporate welfare with Romney???? Only Obama has been PROMOTING abortions and will use our tax dollars further to do so....this is FACT...the last four years prove this...Romney says he won't do this...your opinion means nothing until you have FACT.....you are helping Obama who has PROMOTED killing babies born alive too with bills something Romney has never done...if I'm understanding the Bishop...you soul is in peril.

Then you're not understanding the Bishop. You're reading into his statement something that he never said, nor even alluded.
--hide--

" vote for a candidate who promotes actions" oh, I'm not misunderstaning him it is clear....fact is what we differ on is you say by not voting for Romney you are not voting for Obama...I disagree...you are and I think your soul is in peril because the Bishop said voting for someone who promotes actions that are intrinsically evil puts are souls in peril. Obama has proven over the past four years that his actions are intrinsically evil and he has not given any indication that he will change these actions at all...in fact, he has indicated he will get worse.

09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: " vote for a candidate who promotes actions" oh, I'm not misunder...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

" vote for a candidate who promotes actions" oh, I'm not misunderstaning him it is clear....fact is what we differ on is you say by not voting for Romney you are not voting for Obama...I disagree...you are and I think your soul is in peril because the Bishop said voting for someone who promotes actions that are intrinsically evil puts are souls in peril. Obama has proven over the past four years that his actions are intrinsically evil and he has not given any indication that he will change these actions at all...in fact, he has indicated he will get worse.

--hide--
You are correct...especially in this close election. Father Peter West, VP of Missions, Human Life International posted this fantastic article.

TIME FOR RON PAUL FANS TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION "There is no more time for games, no room for hurt feelings. Ron Paul fans, you need to choose, because not voting for Romney is a vote for Obama. It's that simple. And you could make the difference." www.breitbart.com
09/30/2012 new
We need prayer big time. If our leaders and the people alike do nothing to end abortion, we are in for harder times, and I think hard times like we haven't seen before. Pray, pray, pray is the instruction of Our Lady. This I think is our hope. I will vote for the candidate I believe is truly pro-life. But our victory is in the Lord. Pray.
09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: " vote for a candidate who promotes actions" oh, I'm not misunder...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--

I think you misunderstand how voting works.

If I vote for Romney, that's a vote for Romney.

If I vote for Obama, that's a vote for Obama.

If I vote for nobody, that's a vote for nobody.

By your logic, an Obama supporter could just as easily claim that by not voting for Obama, I'm actually voting for Romney. Why aren't you praising me for voting for Romney?
09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: You are correct...especially in this close election. Father Peter West, VP of Missions, Human Life International ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: You are correct...especially in this close election. Father Peter West, VP of Missions, Human Life International posted this fantastic article.

TIME FOR RON PAUL FANS TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION "There is no more time for games, no room for hurt feelings. Ron Paul fans, you need to choose, because not voting for Romney is a vote for Obama. It's that simple. And you could make the difference." www.breitbart.com
--hide--

We need to stop thinking in dichotomies. There's almost always a third option.
09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: You are correct...especially in this close election. Father Peter West, VP of ...
Quote:
Mary-486033 said: You are correct...especially in this close election. Father Peter West, VP of Missions, Human Life International posted this fantastic article.

--hide--
Oh, please Charles. We all know that one of two people will become our next president. There is no third option...except in your fantasyland.
09/30/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: What he is doing is following the republican platform as did Paul (stay out of...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

What he is doing is following the republican platform as did Paul (stay out of it, etc.)....Romney and Ron Paul are the same on this issue and as I recollect you were supporting Paul...though I could sware you are supporting Obama now.....Ryan is the one who said he thinks abortions are wrong in all instances as did Santorum!

With that mind-set Charles shouldn't vote or support Rom Paul either. Here's what Laura #56149 said to Charles about Ron Paul/his stance on abortion in another thread:

"All the more reason to get Romney/Ryan in to fix this mess. I can't even imagine what would happen under Ron Paul. He lives in fantasy land. His foreign policy beliefs are truly frightening considering the mess going on in this world. He also has a blurry line with being pro choice and pro life.

Is the reason he voted against the sex selection abortion ban was to keep his morals and principles? He also has no problem with contraception and Plan B the morning after contraception and I am sure he doesn't mind doing a little snipping for sterilization.

www.lifesitenews.com

Point is he isn't Mr. Perfect either. They all have their flaws, it is up to this country to stand together and change things one step at a time. First step? Get Obama out before we become a Muslim nation!"

www.catholicmatch.com
--hide--
And Ron Paul's foibles on abortion and gay marriage is just ignored...

If Romney is too flawed to vote for...then Paul is too flawed to vote for.
09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: I think you misunderstand how voting works. If I vote for Romney, that's a vote fo...

By your logic, an Obama supporter could just as easily claim that by not voting for Obama, I'm actually voting for Romney. Why aren't you praising me for voting for Romney?
--hide--

No Charles, when a prolife Christian sits out, it is a vote for Obama, when a leftist liberal sits out, it is a vote for Romney....I doubt many leftist liberals will sti out though and this race is very, very, very close.

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: I think you misunderstand how voting works. If I vote for Romney, that's a vote fo...

--hide--

Since we don't know a priori the effect of a null vote (either not voting or voting for a candidate that cannot possibly win) must be assumed to be the worst moral case.

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: We need to stop thinking in dichotomies. There's almost always a third option.

--hide--

Generally good advice; however, in some cases such as this (and most) U.S. Presidential elections there are indeed only two realistically possible outcomes.

Posts 31 - 40 of 114