Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

09/30/2012 new

Hi, Katie - I understand where you're coming from. My Senior yr wasn't anything to write home about, and before the advent of FB, I wasn't terribly close with any of my former classmates. On top of that, I never dated in HS, and didn't want to hear "Oh, you're not married?" repeated over & over....& over boggled But, the dawn of FB riseth, and I've connected with many people who, oddly enough, I was just acquaintances with in school & we have a blast staying in touch now. And, since God's grace is so awesome, I'm in a much better place now as a single lady. So if God wills that I'm still single when that 20 reunion rolls around, I'm going!

09/30/2012 new
I have zero desire to attend any of my high school reunions. It's not that I had a bad experience it's just that I dont care enough to see any of those people or know what they're up to.

I did have a friend who attended her 15 year reunion and ended up reconnecting and then marrying her old high school sweetheart.
09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Tom-432657 said: The thing is if you don't go, there could be things you might be missing out on. Tom
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: The thing is if you don't go, there could be things you might be missing out on. Tom
--hide--

You are so right!

I don't regret not going to this one but maybe by the time the next one rolls around, if I am in the position to be able to go, I will.
What if one of my former classmates turns out to be my future spouse? lovestruck! I know that is a stretch...

But, on a more practical level, recounting my story (as torturous as it may be) and sharing where I am now in my life (my involvement with the Church through Youth Ministry and my future goals) could open the door to some deeper conversations about religion... thumbsup

09/30/2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: I did have a friend who attended her 15 year reunion and ended up reconnecting and then marrying her old ...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said: I did have a friend who attended her 15 year reunion and ended up reconnecting and then marrying her old high school sweetheart.
--hide--

Can you imagine? Sounds like a movie! heart

Posts 11 - 14 of 14