Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sunday will mark the start of the 100-day countdown to “Taxmageddon” – the date thelargest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect. They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves on January 1, 2013:

Read more: atr.org * * *
Obama Pledges to Not Raise Middle Class Taxes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes www.youtube.com

09/21/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Sunday will mark the start of the 100-day countdown to “Taxmageddon” – ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Sunday will mark the start of the 100-day countdown to “Taxmageddon” – the date thelargest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect. They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves on January 1, 2013:

Read more: atr.org * * *
Obama Pledges to Not Raise Middle Class Taxes www.youtube.com

--hide--

I've already felt it. Part of how I have funded large out-of-pocket medical expenses was to take the money out of my check, pretax. I had a $5,000 bill yet to pay off, so when I went to fill out the Med-Flex forms last spring, I was told by the company that due to Obamacare, the ceiling on the amount is now $2,500. This is the change Obama voters put into place. And that's just the beginning....

The article you have submitted for us to view is REALLY concerning. What is wrong with those who will revote Obama into office? How can they not see the writing on the wall (this time around)?

God have mercy on us, for those who actually earn an income, are married, have children, have special needs dependents, are going to be hit hard.

09/21/2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: I've already felt it. Part of how I have funded large out-of-pocket medical expe...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

I've already felt it. Part of how I have funded large out-of-pocket medical expenses was to take the money out of my check, pretax. I had a $5,000 bill yet to pay off, so when I went to fill out the Med-Flex forms last spring, I was told by the company that due to Obamacare, the ceiling on the amount is now $2,500. This is the change Obama voters put into place. And that's just the beginning....

The article you have submitted for us to view is REALLY concerning. What is wrong with those who will revote Obama into office? How can they not see the writing on the wall (this time around)?

God have mercy on us, for those who actually earn an income, are married, have children, have special needs dependents, are going to be hit hard.

--hide--

It is also 100 days until the sequestration of defense money that will bring about major unemployment to large states such as CA, FL, and OH.

09/22/2012 new

In the news recently...American Airlines in bankruptcy is planning to lay off 11,000. Bank of America to lay off 16,000.

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-28682 said: In the news recently...American Airlines in bankruptcy is planning to lay off 11,000. Bank of Americ...
(Quote) Dan-28682 said:

In the news recently...American Airlines in bankruptcy is planning to lay off 11,000. Bank of America to lay off 16,000.

--hide--

In many ways, we've fallen back to the Great Recession levels of orders for goods and manufacturing. However, instead of prices going down due to deleveraging, they are being inflated because QE3 has set sail, and tons of checks are being kited by the Federal Reserve. Ben has called up the helicopters! www.zerohedge.com

By all counts, the latest ISM (a measure of manufacturing in the US) was a complete and total disaster. In August the ISM hit 49. Anything below 50 is considered a recessionary rating.

However, things are even worse below the surface. The ISM is made up of several components. Its Production component is back to May 2009 levels. The New Orders component is back to April 2009 levels.

And worse of all, Prices Paid is up to 54, up from a reading of just 39 in July.

In simple terms this tells us that inflation is hitting “lift off” in the US at the very same time that we are entering a recession that could be on par with that of 2008. And with corn and soybean prices at or near record highs, we could be on the verge of a stagflationary disaster combined with a food crisis at the very same time.

We get additional confirmation of a major economic contraction from corporate earnings. Recently we’ve seen earnings forecast cuts from Fed Ex, Bed Bath and Beyond, Proctor and Gamble, Adobe, Starbucks, McDonald’s and more. Indeed, when you remove financials, S&P 500 earnings FELL year over year for 2Q12.

This is hardly indicative of a strong economy. The fact a record number of Americans are on food stamps doesn’t bode well either. And the Rasmussen Employment Index indicates worker confidence is at levels not seen since the FALL OF 2008!

09/22/2012 new

You know what is crazy....he is running an ad where Romney is asking how can he say we are better off....then the ad says how bad it was when he took office and that we are so much better off now because he has created all these jobs....

I feel like I'm in the twighlight zone....how does he get away with flat out lies...

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: You know what is crazy....he is running an ad where Romney is asking how can he say we are bette...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

You know what is crazy....he is running an ad where Romney is asking how can he say we are better off....then the ad says how bad it was when he took office and that we are so much better off now because he has created all these jobs....

I feel like I'm in the twighlight zone....how does he get away with flat out lies...

--hide--

He hasn't created any. The unemployment rate declined mostly because people were written off the labor force; the labor participation rate is lower than in 2008.

Romney, if he isn't a puppet and wants to win, can show that number and blow Obama and his claims out of the water.

Of course that would mean he actually wants the job and either (a) he is one that's scripted to win the Kayfabe, or (b) he isn't, but wants to win anyway. If it's (b), then things get interesting.

09/22/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: He hasn't created any. The unemployment rate declined mostly because people were wr...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

He hasn't created any. The unemployment rate declined mostly because people were written off the labor force; the labor participation rate is lower than in 2008.

Romney, if he isn't a puppet and wants to win, can show that number and blow Obama and his claims out of the water.

Of course that would mean he actually wants the job and either (a) he is one that's scripted to win the Kayfabe, or (b) he isn't, but wants to win anyway. If it's (b), then things get interesting.

--hide--

I realized I failed to explain the term kayfabe (pronounced "caey-faeb"). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe

In professional wrestling, all matches are coreographed between the supposed opponents who fight according to a script that defines who wins or loses. The opponents, and the wrestlers in the league, however, are all actors playing out a set of fights, known as "promotions", feuds and other storylines that have to be played out even in public. To break from the script anywhere but in carefully secluded circumstances, which is known as "breaking kayfabe", is usually avoided although it's happened from time to time.

A year ago, a writer named Eric Weinstein posted how the system of bunkum developed to preserve a sport that never had an honest match in decades due to the fact that the match would either take hours to fight, often with no outcome, or suddenly result in the crippling of a highly trained athlete. Weinstein believed that many of the supposed rivalries that appear to continuously happen without apparent resolution are in fact Kayfabe storylines developed to hide larger systemic failures, such as the rivalry between string & loop theories in Physics hiding the failure to achieve a unified field theory or a quantum theory of gravity, or the rivalry between two economic schools hiding the obvious failure of both to predict the meltdown of 2008. Some, including myself, speculated that the Presidential race couldn't be explained as a Kayfabe, with particular events being in fact parts of a contrived storyline.

edge.org

I speculated that certain events in Presidential politics during May of 2011 seemed to be a "promotion" worked by Obama and sometime supporter Donald Trump.

The linkage of the Weinstein article in "Let a Thousand Nations Bloom" got me thinking of some of the events of recent weeks between Barack Obama and Donald Trump which certainly have the odor of Kayfabe political theatre. The supposed presidential run of Trump, recently cancelled because "he thought he could win" seems to give the game away. Even the birth certificate, brought out with great carnival barking and found questionable so quickly afterward, smacks of a continuation of a political plot-line started years ago. It is interesting to note that Trump was involved in a plot-line on WWE Raw in which he bought the franchise, an event considered kayfabe.

Indeed, it is possible that the "Birther" issue itself may well have been contrived, either to hide other more obvious (or dangerous) facts, or simply to feed a Presidential candidate's pseudo-messianic kayfabe.

10/02/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: You know what is crazy....he is running an ad where Romney is asking how can he say we are bette...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
Obama is a liar.

10/02/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: It is also 100 days until the sequestration of defense money that will bring about majo...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

It is also 100 days until the sequestration of defense money that will bring about major unemployment to large states such as CA, FL, and OH.

--hide--

Excellent point.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11