Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

We hear so much about the negative side of being single that we sometimes don't realize just how many positives there are to being a young single adult. What are some of your favorite things to do as a single? Do you ever take yourself out to eat, or out to the movies? What are some of the things you do now that might not be so easy once you have a spouse, or a family?

09/30/2012 new

I love to hike. . . I know I could do that with kids but not in the same capacity as I do now.

One of the things I love about being single is spoiling my nieces and nephews. I remember growing up my favorite aunts and uncles were the single ones without kids, they paid much more attention to us wink

I love just being able to do what I want to do without having to keep others informed as to what I'm up to. People always say don't spend your single season feeling sorry for yourself, enjoy this time.

10/02/2012 new

I love to hike as well. I live in Prescott, a small town in Northern Arizona, enveloped on three sides by the Prescott National Forest. I have a pass, and there are three places in the forest I like to hike several times a month each: Thumb Butte, a small thumb shaped rock overlooking downtown Prescott; Granite Mountain, a giant mountain that is the largest in my area, and overlooks the ranches to the north-east of town; and Goldwater Lake, a lighter hike, but with many birds, and amazing sunsets. Sometimes I bring my rosary, other times my zune, and the hikes can feel very graceful. I am very very blessed to live in such a stuning part of God's world.

My other pleasure, is to walk to a coffeshop about fifteen minutes from my appartment and read. Some nights, especially after a long day of work, the best way I can think of celebrating is reading and just refreshing my mind in something different. Sometimes I play chess, but honestly, it is also really relaxing to read alone. Time goes by so much quicker, and it can be hard to find quiet moments to just read and think. That said, I am sure I will still do both once in a while when no longer single, and it would be really beautiful to find someone who is intrested in both activities, but these are my two favorite things to do.

10/02/2012 new
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: We hear so much about the negative side of being single that we sometimes don't realize just how many posit...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

We hear so much about the negative side of being single that we sometimes don't realize just how many positives there are to being a young single adult. What are some of your favorite things to do as a single? Do you ever take yourself out to eat, or out to the movies? What are some of the things you do now that might not be so easy once you have a spouse, or a family?

--hide--
Great topic! I love spoiling my family as well and doing what I want, when I want and how I want. I take frequent day trips to wherever I feel like going and do activities that I enjoy. So what if I do them alone? I enjoy the peace and quiet at home, especially after a hard day at work and complete control of the remote:D
10/02/2012 new

Great topic! It's kind of a good reminder for me because I have some family leaving with me temporarily to the tune of 3 small little ones. Just showering without visitors has become a treat! laughing

I like plunking myself down at Barnes & Noble with a hot tea and a book without worrying about the time or having to check in with someone. Or curling up on my couch for a self-selected movie marathon. Hiking around Lake Grapevine or strolling through some of our area gardens.

All things that would be nice to share with someone, but I enjoy doing on my own!

10/02/2012 new

Having the time to do what I want, especially going out to walking group and book discussions. I love being able to just spend time searching and reading Internet articles. Being able to socialize with different groups of friends and listen to my own music is part of my celebration of being single.

10/02/2012 new

What a great topic! Being single is such a blessing to get to know myself so that I'm better prepared for when I am in a relaitonship. I love going to cultural events or reading a great book. I treated myself by going to the oepra recently!

10/03/2012 new

So many awesome responses!

Some of the things I enjoy doing as a single person:

Driving on backroads and singing along to the radio
Spending an afternoon reading in Barnes and Noble
Going on walks (I like walks with people too...but solitary walks are a great time to unwind)
Cooking experiments (I don't mind eating stuff that doesn't turn out well)
Heading down to the local ice cream parlor to treat myself to a cone

Most of these things would be fun doing with someone else too, but I thoroughly enjoy doing them by myself as well!

10/03/2012 new

Welcome to all the new posters here! I see three of you with under 10 posts...I hope you stick around the forums!

10/04/2012 new
Going to gun shows, buying new guns, and enjoying a peaceful afternoon on a family farm with butterflies, flowers, and a calming stream running through the valley while me and a friend shoot McDonald's toys to pieces. Then we discuss how much trouble he is going to be in with his wife for buying another gun while I offer clever suggestions to ease her tension.
Posts 1 - 10 of 25