Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Profile photos - again!

10/01/2012 new

Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I can only speak to the guys because they are the ones I am - trying to - look at! With SO many guys out there with no profile pic it is just too easy to sail by and focus on those with photos - so it would really be in your interests to post a few; if not for me for all those other wonderful women on this site. And if you are worried about being seen by those local to you (they would likely be on here for the same reason anyway, so no need for embarrassment!) then post a few scrapbook photos and then your pic isn't immediately obvious.

Oh I know that people say this is superficial and that what really matters is the character etc. and of course knowing who they are inside is absolutely essential - but BE REAL!! Don't you want to know what the person looks like? We are not just spirits, we have bodies and our faces are a reflection - part of - of who we are. The Catholic Church places emphasis on the physical and visible through the sacraments and sacramentals not just the invisible. I would love a person's profile to show the whole person (broadly speaking) and find myself a little wary of those who don't want to reveal their apprearance, though I am sure most just haven't got round to it yet. Please do! Thanks SO much biggrin

Elizabeth

10/01/2012 new

I just want to add, if anyone reading this is having any sort of technical problem or needs help adding a profile photo, please make sure to write a help ticket. We are very happy to do anything we can to help.

10/01/2012 new
I totally agree.I bypass the ones with no pictures.
10/01/2012 new

I bypass the ones with no pictures too. Then I feel bad because maybe I'm missing out on an opportunity. But it's hard to picture a relaitonship with an anonymous person. boggled

10/02/2012 new

Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? I don't know if women do it; it's not something that ever occurred to me, but I've seen a lot of pictures of men's cars/trucks. I don't get it. boggled wink

10/02/2012 new

(Quote) Maricela-876143 said: Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? ...
(Quote) Maricela-876143 said:

Why do men post pictures of their vehicles? ...

--hide--

It's a sort of auto-biography. smile

10/02/2012 new

laughing tongue

10/02/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-860032 said: Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I...
(Quote) Elizabeth-860032 said:

Hi, I think it is worth raising the matter of profile photos again, or rather lack of them. I can only speak to the guys because they are the ones I am - trying to - look at! With SO many guys out there with no profile pic it is just too easy to sail by and focus on those with photos - so it would really be in your interests to post a few; if not for me for all those other wonderful women on this site. And if you are worried about being seen by those local to you (they would likely be on here for the same reason anyway, so no need for embarrassment!) then post a few scrapbook photos and then your pic isn't immediately obvious.

Oh I know that people say this is superficial and that what really matters is the character etc. and of course knowing who they are inside is absolutely essential - but BE REAL!! Don't you want to know what the person looks like? We are not just spirits, we have bodies and our faces are a reflection - part of - of who we are. The Catholic Church places emphasis on the physical and visible through the sacraments and sacramentals not just the invisible. I would love a person's profile to show the whole person (broadly speaking) and find myself a little wary of those who don't want to reveal their apprearance, though I am sure most just haven't got round to it yet. Please do! Thanks SO much

Elizabeth

--hide--

It goes both ways. Many women refuse to post photos.

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Bobbie-557829 said: I totally agree.I bypass the ones with no pictures.
(Quote) Bobbie-557829 said: I totally agree.I bypass the ones with no pictures.
--hide--

YES, bypass the ones with no photos.

10/03/2012 new
I never waste time looking at profiles without pictures. tongue
Posts 1 - 10 of 25