Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

10/02/2012 new

Take your garbage away with you everyday, don't let it build up, no food scraps left anywhere.
Play music that might sooth the beast - I know, weird.
We'll pray to St Francis for your protection hug

10/02/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear,...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

--hide--

Praying hug hug Praying You have my prayers tonight..... rosary theheart
10/02/2012 new

((((Cindy)))

Mother Mary, myself, along with the Holy Angels and Saints are praying for your safety and Peace... It's going to be okay, sweet.

Praying rosary rosary

10/03/2012 new

Dear Shaking Cindy, faint

Yep, I've had a similar experience---twice! eyepopping Living so close to Yosemite Natl. Park in the Sierras, brown/black bears are everywhere. They figure out what day is garbage day, and go maurading early in the morning, knocking over the cans to get their "treats". Such was the case a year ago, when I goofed and took my garbage can out of the shed in the evening, and forgot to put it back...It was a warm night, and the windows were open, with nothing but a screen between me, my then-3year-old granddaughter, and Mr. Papa Bear! He was only 5 or 6 feet away from us, and I was really worried he'd get our scent... Nope! He was more interested in the Mexican papaya rinds.. laughing

The first time for me was when I was backpacking in Yosemite Park in the 70's, and came around the bend on a trail to see a young cub. I hollered to my hiking partners, and we got out the frying pans and Boy Scout mess kits and started banging on them...It worked and Baby Bear ran away. We camped about a mile later, and during the night, there was this horrible snuffling noise---yep, Baby Bear and Mama Bear were looking for scraps, and actually nosed at our tent and sleeping bags--with us inside!! YIKES!! shocked Needless to say, we survived.

Calmer now,

Bev

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a lar...

that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a large black bear, I live in a wooded area and have to walk a path to my car, when I looked up I stopped and at the top of the path was the bear! I have never in all my life was so close to a real bear! If I would of went any further me and this bear would of been very close.
I started going back to my house and when I got to the gate I ran to the door, I shook so bad I couldn't get the key in the door!

I called 911 and they came, but the bear was gone, the one cop saw a paw print and said " I think he went down here" They were going to call wildlife about it.

But, I am still so very scared, afraid to come to the place and afraid to leave. Tonight I have to go out again, I have some Blessed salt I am taking with me and I am going to sprinkle it around and pray. I thank God so much for telling me to look, it's a bear, go in the house. God is my refuge!

I know that many of you might not be afraid, but I am very scared! I hope you don't laugh at me for this. I could use some prayers.

Shaking,
Cindy

--hide--
Praying Praying hug

10/03/2012 new
Was this you?

www.grindtv.com
10/03/2012 new

Our Father in heaven, may your name be held holy,

10 your kingdom come, yourwill be done, on earth as in heaven.

11 Give us today our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven those who are indebt to us.

13 And do not put us to the test, but save us from theEvil One. Amen.

Praying

10/03/2012 new

Praying rosary

10/03/2012 new

Sorry Cindy-----May the Lord of Compassion hold you close----to be your shelter------May the Angels of God surround you-- May the Holy Spirit give you fortitude ----May those of authority protect you and guide you what is the best to do------Thank you Lord for your protection--------theheart rosary

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: that I encountered on Saturday night. As I was leaving my house for work, I had encountered a lar...

Shaking,
Cindy

--hide--
My nephew had a custom home built on a mountaintop in West Virginia. The local builder told him to purchase a good hunting rifle even if he doesn't hunt, to protect his family against predators both four legged and two. Where he lives, a 911 call is a waste of time. If that's not an option for you, a large powerful dog would alert you to a bear's presence and would protect you. Black bears can be dangerous but are not as aggressive as say, a Grizzly. Prayer is advisable too of course, but the Good Lord helps those who help themselves!

Posts 11 - 20 of 81