Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: My years in darkness are over and the Church acknowledges it was wrong, false, invalid. My former...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

My years in darkness are over and the Church acknowledges it was wrong, false, invalid. My former marriage plagued my heart rather than healed it. But healing comes through God's grace and last year, I met someone. Oh I met someone! But he's far off.

Is putting my heart out there worth the risk? 75% divorce rate for second marriages. And yet, I'm here - waiting, watching, waiting some more. Do you see this? Can you accept all these children coming in and out of my life? Can you support me in all the things I do? Can there be freedom as well as oneness? I admit I'm a little afraid. What if I'm wrong again?

Or should Christ be my Spouse? Am I to live in His love alone or....or will His love flow through me to another?

--hide--
Alice, This is the best explanation of what love should be I have ever heard, If he is centered on God, then you can count on God to make it work. Marriage is and always should be between three. Hope this helps. Also A friend once said love is not 50/50 it is always 100/100. Here is the link to Father Barron's video, It's only about 7 minutes long, But worth the watch. Tommy
www.wordonfire.org

Sep 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Dear Alice, What a beautiful, sincere and candid post. I certainly know where you are comin...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:

Dear Alice,

What a beautiful, sincere and candid post. I certainly know where you are coming from and I had many of the same questions. From one formerly divorced person to another, you might want to be cautiously optimistic until you have a better sense of who he is and if this is something God wants. When I met my husband-to-be 13 years ago, I became friends with him little by little and did a lot of observing. I saw how he treated other people and what kind of values he had before we ever dated so I was able to get to know him without him being on dating best behavior.

I will keep you and your future in my prayers!

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

--hide--

Lisa,

A wonderful and beautiful post. What makes your commentary so powerful is that if one gets into a LD, the things you mention are hard if not impossible to see beforehand. I am not discouraging LD's but what you state cannot happen unless you are around a person several times a week. Otherwise, you must have lots of trust in the other person. By being around the person on a regular basis, if they have any large cracks in their personal armor that could affect your relationship at a later time, then those cracks will be exposed. You can't fool someone all the time. Eventually, our true self will be exposed. Those of us who have been divorced don't care to live that life again.

Just my opinion.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Sep 29th 2012 new

Leon, Bingo. Even if the LD is only across the Metro, the hour drive kills seeing one another on a regular basis. I haven't seen him in 4 months. So, I suppose done is done. If he were interested, he would have made the effort. sorry

I just need a cookie .

Sep 29th 2012 new

Thomas, this is an outstanding video clip. Yes, the three-stranded cord is stronger than the two alone. To find someone who has that shared goal of Heaven, that deep passion for the Transcendent God... that's just exactly it.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

Dear Stephen, Leon, and all,

Sorry, all, it sounded to me like the person Alice met was someone she saw frequently. My bad - but I still stand by my advice for anyone who is attracted to someone they see every day.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Sincerely - Lisa

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Joanna and Kat, thanks. Yup yup... depend on Him alone. Yup yup... (grumble) Maybe ...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Joanna and Kat, thanks. Yup yup... depend on Him alone. Yup yup...

(grumble)

Maybe I will be an old hermitess in a studio apartment with 12 cats. I like cats.

No. I get it. God first. I just need to go chomp down some ice cubes and all will be well.

Truly, I am abundantly blessed. A little tongue-in-cheek about this romance nonsense, but wow - life is good. Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

--hide--
Alice you're a lovely lady, and at 41 still a mere child! Be gentle with yourself! No more than two cats though.

Posts 11 - 16 of 16