Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

if he gets 4 more years....apparently obama plans to overide congress again with ANOTHER executive order or should I say dictatorship order....no other president has mroe....still don't understand how this even happens....it is no longer a democracy but a dictatorship with these unlimited executive orders. Let's see pres. spent 165 million funding this earmark request circumventing congress and violating his admin's own policy....anyway I quoted from the article below:

washingtonexaminer.com

President Obama violated his self-imposed earmark ban to purchase a prison in Illinois that Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., warns could soon house the terrorists and suspected terrorists now at Guantanamo Bay.

“I am concerned that this purchase will set in motion the administration’s plan to close the terrorist detention facility in Guantanamo Bay by transferring terrorist detainees to U.S. maximum security prisons, like Thomson,” said Wolf in a statement on the federal government’s move to purchase Thomson Correctional Center for $165 million. “One example of this ongoing effort is the request of Senator Durbin’s colleague, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Diane Feinstein, the Government Accountability Office is conducting a survey of U.S. prisons that could be used to hold Guantanamo Bay detainees.”

10/02/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: if he gets 4 more years....apparently obama plans to overide congress again with ANOTHER executive order or sh...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

if he gets 4 more years....apparently obama plans to overide congress again with ANOTHER executive order or should I say dictatorship order....no other president has mroe....still don't understand how this even happens....it is no longer a democracy but a dictatorship with these unlimited executive orders. Let's see pres. spent 165 million funding this earmark request circumventing congress and violating his admin's own policy....anyway I quoted from the article below:

washingtonexaminer.com

President Obama violated his self-imposed earmark ban to purchase a prison in Illinois that Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., warns could soon house the terrorists and suspected terrorists now at Guantanamo Bay.

“I am concerned that this purchase will set in motion the administration’s plan to close the terrorist detention facility in Guantanamo Bay by transferring terrorist detainees to U.S. maximum security prisons, like Thomson,” said Wolf in a statement on the federal government’s move to purchase Thomson Correctional Center for $165 million. “One example of this ongoing effort is the request of Senator Durbin’s colleague, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Diane Feinstein, the Government Accountability Office is conducting a survey of U.S. prisons that could be used to hold Guantanamo Bay detainees.”

--hide--

They need to give these people a trial, or release them. This is madness.
10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: if he gets 4 more years....apparently obama plans t...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

washingtonexaminer.com

--hide--

Oh, yea, release terrorist....such good ideas you have!

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...

Quote:
Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

washingtonexaminer.com

--hide--
I'm sure all the 911 families would appreciate that.

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...

Quote:
Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

washingtonexaminer.com

--hide--
I'm sure all the 911 families would appreciate that.

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: if he gets 4 more years....apparently obama plans to overide congress again with ANOTHER executi...

washingtonexaminer.com

--hide--
This was all fought when Obama first got into office by the 911 families and others....and now he is at it again!!!

10/03/2012 new

Other terrorists have been housed in the federal and state systems (en.wikipedia.org. This might save some money.

10/03/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Oh, yea, release terrorist....such good ideas you have!

--hide--

rolling eyes You should really read up on these things before commenting on them.

Over half of the prisoners currently at Guantanamo have been cleared for release because there is no evidence of their wrongdoing. Despite that, they're still being held. Many, if not all, of the rest haven't been convicted of any wrongdoing at all. If they really are guilty of something, then the government should be able to make their case. If they can't make that case, then they have no business holding these poor people indefinitely.
10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Oh, yea, release terrorist....such ...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

You should really read up on these things before commenting on them.

Over half of the prisoners currently at Guantanamo have been cleared for release because there is no evidence of their wrongdoing. Despite that, they're still being held. Many, if not all, of the rest haven't been convicted of any wrongdoing at all. If they really are guilty of something, then the government should be able to make their case. If they can't make that case, then they have no business holding these poor people indefinitely.
--hide--

They wouldn't be there then....brother....poor people....they are terrorist!

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: Other terrorists have been housed in the federal and state systems (en.wikipedia.org.
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

Other terrorists have been housed in the federal and state systems (en.wikipedia.org. This might save some money.

--hide--
No thank you....one of the reasons they are there is because we don't have to give them constitutional rights like we would in the U.S. I'm tired of the criminals getting all the rights. Now, we have muslim faith growing in the jails like crazy and then they release them....that makes me feel so safe.

Posts 1 - 10 of 17