Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: A wise lady once told me many years ago, "Many thoughts will come into your mi...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

A wise lady once told me many years ago, "Many thoughts will come into your mind when you first look at someone, but never assume that you know what's going on in their life."

--hide--
I Agree with your friend 100 % Bro! Mike "peace"!!

Oct 3rd 2012 new

Bridget, it is very wise of you to observe this. It is very true, and something I have witnessed more and more as I get older. I have learned that I would never trade lives with anyone. I love my life, problems and all! hug heart biggrin

Oct 4th 2012 new

I used to think the grass was greenest over the septic tank, but really it's greenest over the drain field.

If I ever find myself being even the slightest bit jealous over another person's situation, I just remember that's their life and not mine. If I desire to live the life of another then I'm not honoring the life God gave to me and me alone.

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kerry-901602 said: Thanks Bridget for bringing up a very important lesson whether your married or single....CONTENTM...
(Quote) Kerry-901602 said:

Thanks Bridget for bringing up a very important lesson whether your married or single....CONTENTMENT!

"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength." ~ Phillippians 4:10-13

One of the hardest things for me to accept after my divorce was the loneliness. When you are use to spending time with someone throughout your day, it is difficult to come home to an empty house, or begin to fill your days. However, in time I have realized that being alone...solitude...is a gift from God that needs to be cultivated, much like your green grass. It is so much more difficult to be with someone else if you aren't sure of who you are and what it is like to be content in your own skin. Days would come where I would learn to enjoy the silence, the peace, and the serenity of getting to know me....finding new ways to live, hobbies, interests and pursuits I never knew I had or wanted. Being single now is a gift...and so is marriage...and they come from the Father of Lights in whom there is no shadow. And while I still yearn for the day to share my life and love with someone, I know that it is God's will and purpose that will grant it.

So until then...whether we remain single or married....let us celebrate everything we do have. Focus on all the good things our Father has done for us, and let Him turn praise for Him into blessed contentment!

Peace !

--hide--
Peace and welcome to the CM forums. As a new member, be glad you found your way here so soon. There's so much that is shared here, and it's a good place to get to know other members.

Hope you will join us often with your words of wisdom. You've been given the freedom to reinvent yourself, meditate, discern and find ways to look forward. At least you realize it!!!

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Bridget-676758 said: Where you water it...It's easy sometimes as a single person to be a little jealous ...
(Quote) Bridget-676758 said:

Where you water it...

It's easy sometimes as a single person to be a little jealous of married friend's who are so busy with their families or my single friends who seem to have dates every week and are thinner, prettier, more succesful etc., then I am.
I recently found that someone who I thought had the perfect life actually has it pretty rough. It really made me stop and realize (again) how freaking lucky I am and that my little bit of grass is pretty darn green. It also goes to show you never know someone's whole story and jealousy is really not the time or effort...

Just some food for thought

--hide--
No matter what a person's state in life is, there are highs and lows; good and bad. Although another person's way of life may seem desirable, we're looking at the surface and not examining the pitfalls. There just isn't a perfect way. That's meant to be a realistic statement, not negativity. Sometimes it comes down to choosing which set of problems do we want to deal with.

There will always be someone whom you think is better off, and it's best not to dwell on it. We're each given our own way of life and are personally responsible and will have to answer for ourselves -- not others.

Posts 11 - 15 of 15