Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

09/30/2012 new

Tape measures? for... ?

09/30/2012 new

Happy birthday Marian - 83994 rose rose rose clap clap clap party party party present :present: :present: :cake: :cake: :cake:

May God bless you richly with abundant happiness, peace, faith and success.

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Tape measures? for... ?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Tape measures? for... ?

--hide--

09/30/2012 new

Why don't you just tell her HONESTLY that you are not interested in her? scratchchin

By telling her honestly that you are not interested in her, she will move on. She will not disturb you or bother you anymore. It's a win-win situation. She can walk away and get a lesson from meeting you. You too can live peacefully.

I am just wondering the sentence : "I don't want to hurt". Whether you avoid her, don't respond to her or you tell her honestly, all will hurt. If you tell her the truth, she will not waste her time or waste her heart in this case. (Even though I don't know her, but from your story, she sounded so unaware of your thinking about her). I feel sorry for her that she was unaware that "something" has happened in front of her.

As Catholics we are taught to show grace and love to everyone around us. If I were you, once again, I would tell her the truth honestly in a loving and respectful manner. Also if I were you, I would say good luck to her in her journey of finding her Mr Right. Furthermore, I would pray for her. Praying

God bless

(Quote) Keith-733524 said: I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at al...
(Quote) Keith-733524 said:

I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at all what she had posted on the site. She admitted that the picture was 10 years old and she asked me if I was mad. I told her that I was frustrated in that she didn't look like what she posted on the site. I told her that I don't like it when people are not honest. However we ordered our dinner and I made the best of it.

A couple of days later she called me up on the phone and wanted to know if I wanted to get together again and I said, "no, I didn't think it would be a good idea." She asked me why, as if we never talked about the fact that she wasn't honest. She told me that she was upset and that I am obviously afraid of committment and obviously, "hate women." Although I am not currently looking to get involved in full blown relationship, I don't hate women. She made the comment, "you obviously have been hurt and need therapy." Actua

Now I am at Church the other day and one of her male friends approaches me and says, "Hey I am a friend of "so and so" and she really likes you. Why don't you want to go out with her again?"

Don't worry it is nobody from this site, and although the gal is a professing Christian, I was not physically attracted to her and I especially don't like it when people are just dishonest from the get go. What do I do. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't want to go out with her again. I don't think that I need therapy because I don't want to go out with her again.

Thanks,

Keith

--hide--

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Keith-733524 said: I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at al...
(Quote) Keith-733524 said:

I got a question for all of you. Went out last week. When I met my date she didn't look at all what she had posted on the site. She admitted that the picture was 10 years old and she asked me if I was mad. I told her that I was frustrated in that she didn't look like what she posted on the site. I told her that I don't like it when people are not honest. However we ordered our dinner and I made the best of it.

A couple of days later she called me up on the phone and wanted to know if I wanted to get together again and I said, "no, I didn't think it would be a good idea." She asked me why, as if we never talked about the fact that she wasn't honest. She told me that she was upset and that I am obviously afraid of committment and obviously, "hate women." Although I am not currently looking to get involved in full blown relationship, I don't hate women. She made the comment, "you obviously have been hurt and need therapy." Actua

Now I am at Church the other day and one of her male friends approaches me and says, "Hey I am a friend of "so and so" and she really likes you. Why don't you want to go out with her again?"

Don't worry it is nobody from this site, and although the gal is a professing Christian, I was not physically attracted to her and I especially don't like it when people are just dishonest from the get go. What do I do. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't want to go out with her again. I don't think that I need therapy because I don't want to go out with her again.

Thanks,

Keith

--hide--

how dishonest was this in the big scheme of things? was she forthcoming and truthful when you asked questions? was she otherwise a pleasant person? why not give her a second chance?

10/03/2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: how dishonest was this in the big scheme of things? was she forthcoming and truthful when ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

how dishonest was this in the big scheme of things? was she forthcoming and truthful when you asked questions? was she otherwise a pleasant person? why not give her a second chance?

--hide--

If someone can be dishonest in one area of their life, they can be dishonest in other, more important, areas as well. This particular relationship is not an LDR, but honesty and trust are still the bedrock upon which any true friendship or romantic relationship is built (at least in our Christian world... can't speak for the heathens with their different views on what is important).

I have seen women's profiles on CM now that do not have the latest (most recent) picture as the lead picture on their profile. I know, because I made a mental note of this the other day when I was reviewing some new "matches" that were sent my way by the system. As someone else in this thread pointed out, you need to look at every posted picture, and it will be obvious at times if the lead picture is not the latest. I like it when people post dates with their pics because that also is a good indication.

Regarding the lady that Keith met, she should just move on, but she should also be more upfront and honest about her up-to-date appearance going forward. Do people think that they will be hiding behind a keyboard and they can be whomever they want to be forever? If you only want a virtual relationship, I suppose you can do that. But if you are ever going to step out of your house and away from the computer and into the real world and meet a real live person, you have to be who you are, and if you have deceived that person by claiming to be someone you are not, then you have created an unpleasant surprise and a bitter ending. I like the Skype idea but I have no idea how to use it.
10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: If someone can be dishonest in one area of their life, they can be dishonest in other, more import...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

If someone can be dishonest in one area of their life, they can be dishonest in other, more important, areas as well. This particular relationship is not an LDR, but honesty and trust are still the bedrock upon which any true friendship or romantic relationship is built (at least in our Christian world... can't speak for the heathens with their different views on what is important).

I have seen women's profiles on CM now that do not have the latest (most recent) picture as the lead picture on their profile. I know, because I made a mental note of this the other day when I was reviewing some new "matches" that were sent my way by the system. As someone else in this thread pointed out, you need to look at every posted picture, and it will be obvious at times if the lead picture is not the latest. I like it when people post dates with their pics because that also is a good indication.

Regarding the lady that Keith met, she should just move on, but she should also be more upfront and honest about her up-to-date appearance going forward. Do people think that they will be hiding behind a keyboard and they can be whomever they want to be forever? If you only want a virtual relationship, I suppose you can do that. But if you are ever going to step out of your house and away from the computer and into the real world and meet a real live person, you have to be who you are, and if you have deceived that person by claiming to be someone you are not, then you have created an unpleasant surprise and a bitter ending. I like the Skype idea but I have no idea how to use it.
--hide--

Skyping is easy and free, and I've Skyped with a couple of CMers. It definitely added a fuller dimension to knowing the person until we could meet each other in real life. I'd recommend looking into it.

10/03/2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Skyping is easy and free, and I've Skyped with a couple of CMers. It definitely added a fuller dimensio...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Skyping is easy and free, and I've Skyped with a couple of CMers. It definitely added a fuller dimension to knowing the person until we could meet each other in real life. I'd recommend looking into it.

--hide--

I skyped one time at my brother's house. He lives in Atlanta and skypes with my parents in Louisiana. It is just like video conferencing at work.
10/03/2012 new

Skyping is probably a good idea.

Boy, I saw the link to this post and I thought, "Oh, how bad could this date have been? It couldn't have been as bad as some that I've had (not that I can remember that far back)."

OH my goodness. Yeah, that was pretty bad. :0(

Stick to your principles! Those types make it bad for the rest of us. If we take down our photos, guys assume the worse, like all of us are trying to hide something.

Also, it really wasn't her place to say any of that even if she had a reason, but it sounds like she was just projecting her own angst over being rejected.

Posts 141 - 148 of 148