Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 3rd 2012 new

CNN, no friend to conservatives, just completed a scientific poll (presented 10/3/12 at 8:15 PM Pacific)...

Question: Who won the debate?

Who was asked: Registered voters who watched the debate

Result: Romney - 67% said that Romney won the debate.

Obama - 25% said that Obama won the debate.

Ed

Oct 3rd 2012 new
Without a teleprompter, Obama is inarticulate, disjointed, and fumbles around without focus.

When Obama has to discuss complex subject matter vs. recite slogans and play celebrity, he falls flat on his face.
Oct 3rd 2012 new

Anyone else think it is strange and narcissistic to hear Obama refer to the "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," or the "Healthcare for America Plan" as "Obamacare"? Is that the official name of this plan/act?

Cat

Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Anyone else think it is strange and narcissistic to hear Obama refer to the "The Patie...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Anyone else think it is strange and narcissistic to hear Obama refer to the "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," or the "Healthcare for America Plan" as "Obamacare"? Is that the official name of this plan/act?

Cat

--hide--

... is the "official" title of the Obamacare law.

Oct 3rd 2012 new

Really? I googled it and many sites stated something to the effect of "commonly called". Unless it is now like "tissue" being referred to as "Kleenex".

Cat

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: ... is the "official" title of the Obamacare law.
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

--hide--

Oct 3rd 2012 new
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Cat-163322 said: Anyone else think it is strange and narcissistic to he...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Cat-163322 said:

Cat

--hide--
In Newsweek's article, "Why Obama Must Go", Niall Ferguson said, "A much more accurate term would be 'Pelosicare," since it was she who really forced the bill through Congress."

btw: I don't think "Obamacare" is the official name.
Oct 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Really? I googled it and many sites stated something to the effect of "commonly called". ...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Really? I googled it and many sites stated something to the effect of "commonly called". Unless it is now like "tissue" being referred to as "Kleenex".

Cat

--hide--

Well, no one would ever remember it by it's legal name - Public Law 111–148.

Oct 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Without a teleprompter, Obama is inarticulate, disjointed, and fumbles around without focus. When O...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Without a teleprompter, Obama is inarticulate, disjointed, and fumbles around without focus.

When Obama has to discuss complex subject matter vs. recite slogans and play celebrity, he falls flat on his face.
--hide--
Even Bill Maher tweeted, " I can't believe I'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter."
Oct 4th 2012 new

There was a point in the debate when Romney (first) mentioned "Obamacare" and said that he hoped that Obama did not take offense to the name as used in this debate. Paraphrasing, Obama said that he had grown rather fond of the Obamacare name over time. They continued to use that word through the rest of the debate.

I thought that this was best, as it was a certainty that the Massachusetts health care plan would also be discussed. I think that this allowed the audience to better distinguish between the two plans.

Ed

Oct 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I totally agree! And, I started a thread at a...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

I totally agree! And, I started a thread at about the same time you did, I think (great minds think alike?). Anyhow, I wonder if there is anyway to combine these 2 threads?

That would be better than jumping back and forth between two threads.
--hide--
Yes just ask Jerry .Great debate.Obama fails because of his losing record above all else.

Posts 11 - 20 of 150