Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-865889 said: Great post Marian.... there are a lot of men on this site who share those characteristics and...
(Quote) Katherine-865889 said:

Great post Marian.... there are a lot of men on this site who share those characteristics and it fills me with hope. Seems to me that a man of honour has honesty, gentleness and humility of soul and someone who sticks to his principles (a man who acts like Christ to others) but prepared to listen to both sides of an arguement and make a reasoned decision.

--hide--

I am glad you like the topic. I think it has been positive and that is good.

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-756537 said: The first thing I thought when I read this is that it is a little arrogant and not very honorable to d...
(Quote) Michael-756537 said: The first thing I thought when I read this is that it is a little arrogant and not very honorable to describe yourself as a man of honor. It would be more honorable to say that honor is something we strive for but do not presume to have.
--hide--

I understand what you are trying to say. Perhaps the man who wrote it has studied what it means to have honor. There are books on virtue although I don't know if that is what we are talking about when we say honor. There have been very diverse opinions shared so wed have to study it further to see what it could mean to define onesself that way. I think if a man has military experience and works in a feild where he is called on to rely on ethical principles, he may term himself as a man of honor. Does that definition or explanation change your thoughts any?

10/03/2012 new

(Quote) James-897226 said: Every man has honour ( the sum of his reputation, his integrery, his degree of respect toward others) an...
(Quote) James-897226 said: Every man has honour ( the sum of his reputation, his integrery, his degree of respect toward others) and should act accordingly. His actions or words serve to increase or decrease this characteristic.
--hide--

Now that I think about it, I see it as a man who works and lives by a set of ethical principles.

10/04/2012 new

What a great topic! Thanks for posting! wave

I came across one honorable man in particular the other day. He's a young man, married, a child on the way. This young man is related to me and after greeting me, stepped back, looked into my eyes and offered a heartfelt 'thank you' for something I recently did to help his family. The look he gave me was one of deep gratitude and Christ-like love. I was so touched and impressed by this.

It struck me as very honorable because he made a wonderful effort to express his gratitude to me. knight-errant

10/04/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: What a great topic! Thanks for posting! I came across one honorable man in particular the o...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

What a great topic! Thanks for posting!

I came across one honorable man in particular the other day. He's a young man, married, a child on the way. This young man is related to me and after greeting me, stepped back, looked into my eyes and offered a heartfelt 'thank you' for something I recently did to help his family. The look he gave me was one of deep gratitude and Christ-like love. I was so touched and impressed by this.

It struck me as very honorable because he made a wonderful effort to express his gratitude to me.

--hide--

Remembering to express gratitude and taking the time tolook into your eyes and then to do so would be a quality of a man of honor! That is beautiful Maia! rose

Posts 81 - 85 of 85