Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/04/2012 new

very well expressed!:)

10/04/2012 new

What a great post! I am new to this site, and learning so..thank you

10/04/2012 new
Woo? Woo? Woo who?? Who woo? Lol Who to woo, that is the question!
10/04/2012 new

Two more newbees and a funny man!!

10/04/2012 new

Maybe, some of us here are being idealistic or have a very high expectations that's why we cannot find the right one because our ideal woman/man never existed.

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Joan-841585 said: What a great post! I am new to this site, and learning so..thank you
(Quote) Joan-841585 said:

What a great post! I am new to this site, and learning so..thank you

--hide--

Hi Joan and welcome to the forums! I have met a lot of great people here, I'm sure you will too.

ATB on your search cupid

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Woo? Woo? Woo who?? Who woo? Lol Who to woo, that is the question!
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Woo? Woo? Woo who?? Who woo? Lol Who to woo, that is the question!
--hide--

I have no doubt you won't have ANY problems wooing your woo who! wide eyed

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Siham-324602 said: very well expressed!:)
(Quote) Siham-324602 said:

very well expressed!:)

--hide--

Hi Siham! Welcome to the forums! Preview and post often, it's a great place to meet wonderful people.

ATB on your search wave

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I know what you mean Melanie. I too encounter something powerful or comical and want to share i...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

I know what you mean Melanie. I too encounter something powerful or comical and want to share it with my soul mate only to realize I can't. I remember years ago trying to start my push lawn mower (gave in later and bought a Deere) and when it wouldn't turn over, I blurted out, "okay Lord, either start my mower or put a man in my life who can!" It cranked on the next pull

God also has a sense of humor.
--hide--

I wonder if there is anybody around anymore who remembers that a real push mower doesn't have an engine to start, it has to really be pushed.

But, I agree, God does have a sense of humor, otherwise I think He would have given up on a long time ago. rolling eyes

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It i...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

So where were you today? I hung a light fixture and in the process wondered where you were. It is not that I couldn't hang the fixture myself, I've hung many actually, but what I wanted was to see that look that comes across your face when you grab the ladder and tool box and say, "I got this!" I wanted to see the smug look of satisfaction when it was finished and the task accomplished. I wanted to hear your stomach rumble and you demand "feed me." (A chest pound with the fist would have completed the picture, you get my drift.)

So gentlemen, you want to know, "what does it take?" Touch my soul, get the annulment, honor Holy Mother Church, be real, strive for your best, cherish me, lead me spiritually and more than anything else understand me. (Maybe not necessarily in that order). Yes, some of those things take time, but if we cannot communicate/connect/share, it will never happen and no amount of emails or emotigrams will make a difference. Have I placed certain limits/restrictions? Well yes, and so have you. There has to be an attraction (as you prefer), there has to be an age range that I am comfortable with (as is with you). So if I don't take up contact with some one 12 years my senior or 15 years my junior, it doesn't mean you aren't worthy of a desirable, holy relationship, it just means I'm not her.

Have I met you yet? Maybe, maybe not. But please know that I pray for you, everyday, yes everyday, knowing that when we do figure it out, it's going to be amazing.

Your wife.

P.S. In the meantime, many thanks to my friends (John you're great) who are standing in the gap until you appear.

--hide--
If it helps, I met my husband just about a week after I'd 'sworn off men', because I was sick of the same old thing, over and over. He's in heaven now... and I don't know if lightning will strike twice, but I figure I'd better not close the door on God's will because it doesn't work anyway! He's always got a plan, even when we don't see it.

I think now, I had to encounter and get sick of all the 'cute' liars and cheats out there, so that I'd learn what was truly important. It's not the hairline, the chiseled jaw, the washboard abs, the fancy car, the bank account or the career. Its the heart.

Ladies, if he's devoted to Our Lady, truly devoted - he will be a faithful husband. In my experience, it's as simple as that.

Posts 141 - 150 of 171