Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 5th 2012 new
After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 and they will beat the crap out of you at home. They haven't won on the road yet but that will come. I am a little concerned about the future of Steven Jackson. They gave him an opt out of the final year on his contract so that he can be a free agent next year if he chooses. I think they need to beef up their offensive line and get some skilled position guys. I'm a little concerned with their performance in the red zone--frankly its pretty bad. But they've got a phenomenal kicker and punter. I could see them eventually becoming like the 70s Rams, tough defense, special teams, and a 1,000 yard rusher...A lot of people don't know how good the Rams were in the 70s--they won 7 division titles but only 1 conference title due to the fact that they never had a QB who could take them all the way. Pat Haden was good but too small and injury prone.

All in all, this has been a great season so far and has exceeded expectations. But with the loss of Danny Amendola due to a shoulder injury its going to be tough for Sam Bradford. But Coach Fischer has given this team an identity and its first winning record since 2006. I'm glad the owner has given him full control of the team. I think teams like the Cowboys and the Bears need to follow suit.
Oct 5th 2012 new
The first place Dominicans take the field for Week #5.....

Thursday night game

Rams beat the Cardinals (as previously picked)

Sunday games

Bengals over the Dolphins

Packers over the Colts

Vikings over the Titans

Falcons over the Redskins

Giants over the Browns

Steelers win the STEAGLE BOWL over the Eagles

Panthers over the Seahawks

Bears over Jaguars

Patriots over Broncos

49ers over Bills

Saints win their first game over Chargers

Chiefs over the Ravens in an upset (not an upset special though)

Monday night game

Texans over Jets
Oct 5th 2012 new

[quote]Nancy-513644 said:my week 5 picksArizona over St. Louis
Oh how I wanted to challenge that one-
lack of courage- but hey
www.nfl.com

Oct 5th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 an...
(Quote) David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 and they will beat the crap out of you at home. They haven't won on the road yet but that will come. I am a little concerned about the future of Steven Jackson. They gave him an opt out of the final year on his contract so that he can be a free agent next year if he chooses. I think they need to beef up their offensive line and get some skilled position guys. I'm a little concerned with their performance in the red zone--frankly its pretty bad. But they've got a phenomenal kicker and punter. I could see them eventually becoming like the 70s Rams, tough defense, special teams, and a 1,000 yard rusher...A lot of people don't know how good the Rams were in the 70s--they won 7 division titles but only 1 conference title due to the fact that they never had a QB who could take them all the way. Pat Haden was good but too small and injury prone.

All in all, this has been a great season so far and has exceeded expectations. But with the loss of Danny Amendola due to a shoulder injury its going to be tough for Sam Bradford. But Coach Fischer has given this team an identity and its first winning record since 2006. I'm glad the owner has given him full control of the team. I think teams like the Cowboys and the Bears need to follow suit.
--hide--
Yeah, that punter/kicker Dave is phenomenal....a THREAT himself....when he pins the other team deep. As far as "beating the crap out of you at home"...did you mean they play very well in St Louis....or they will "beat us like a drum?" I forgot....if we actually play the Rams this year...but I suspect since Washington did from our division (and got beat I might add) all the teams from the East will play them. Yes, I think the Rams will hammer some teams this year...ie; my pick last night! YES!

Oct 5th 2012 new

Gerard....let me know if you want me to start a new thread on this....but I think since there are just a few "players" here I wanted to bring up something that might be fun.
Since we all seem to love the NFL....I thought it would be fun to bring up plays, games, etc. (whether weird, interesting or funny) So I thought of one:
It is no secret who I route for....so in 50 plus years of following them...I can recall LOTS and LOTS of plays.
Once, when playing in New York the game was "opened up" after being close for so long. (we have been in some very tight games with Giants. The one "lone" tie on our other wise abysmal first season (0-11-1) was with the Giants 13 to 13.) Back to this particular game in the early 60's.
A linebacker named Jim Ridlon for Dallas "picked off" a pass and went all the way...some 50 or 60 yards. When he arrived in the end zone...he was so elated he "punted" the ball in the stands! Pretty good hang time! laughing laughing

Oct 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the r...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 and they will beat the crap out of you at home. They haven't won on the road yet but that will come. I am a little concerned about the future of Steven Jackson. They gave him an opt out of the final year on his contract so that he can be a free agent next year if he chooses. I think they need to beef up their offensive line and get some skilled position guys. I'm a little concerned with their performance in the red zone--frankly its pretty bad. But they've got a phenomenal kicker and punter. I could see them eventually becoming like the 70s Rams, tough defense, special teams, and a 1,000 yard rusher...A lot of people don't know how good the Rams were in the 70s--they won 7 division titles but only 1 conference title due to the fact that they never had a QB who could take them all the way. Pat Haden was good but too small and injury prone.

Yeah, that punter/kicker Dave is phenomenal....a THREAT himself....when he pins the other team deep. As far as "beating the crap out of you at home"...did you mean they play very well in St Louis....or they will "beat us like a drum?" I forgot....if we actually play the Rams this year...but I suspect since Washington did from our division (and got beat I might add) all the teams from the East will play them. Yes, I think the Rams will hammer some teams this year...ie; my pick last night! YES!

--hide--
Hey Boys,

That punter/kicker's name is Hekker. I was VERY impressed with him last night. I said if you haven't heard of him yet, you certainly will in the future. He kicked a 53 yd, field goal, and it was dead center. He also punted 60 something yards. That boy was on fire.

And what about the 8 (?) sacks on Kolb? Rams were all over that quarterback like "White On Rice"!! wink laughing laughing

Oct 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Jerry-730726 said: (Quote) David-562122 said: Afte...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Jerry-730726 said:

Quote:
David-562122 said: After five weeks I think the Rams are heading in the right direction under Jeff Fischer. They are 3-2 and they will beat the crap out of you at home. They haven't won on the road yet but that will come. I am a little concerned about the future of Steven Jackson. They gave him an opt out of the final year on his contract so that he can be a free agent next year if he chooses. I think they need to beef up their offensive line and get some skilled position guys. I'm a little concerned with their performance in the red zone--frankly its pretty bad. But they've got a phenomenal kicker and punter. I could see them eventually becoming like the 70s Rams, tough defense, special teams, and a 1,000 yard rusher...A lot of people don't know how good the Rams were in the 70s--they won 7 division titles but only 1 conference title due to the fact that they never had a QB who could take them all the way. Pat Haden was good but too small and injury prone.

Hey Boys,

That punter/kicker's name is Hekker. I was VERY impressed with him last night. I said if you haven't heard of him yet, you certainly will in the future. He kicked a 53 yd, field goal, and it was dead center. He also punted 60 something yards. That boy was on fire.

And what about the 8 (?) sacks on Kolb? Rams were all over that quarterback like "White On Rice"!!

--hide--
P.S. I didn't pick the Rams last night, but secretly, I was sitting home rooting them on. clap Bow

Oct 5th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hey Boys, That punter/kicker's name is Hekker. I was VERY impressed with him last night. I s...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hey Boys,

And what about the 8 (?) sacks on Kolb? Rams were all over that quarterback like "White On Rice"!!

--hide--

The punter is Hekker and the kicker's name is Greg Zuerlein aka "Greg the Leg".
Oct 5th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: The punter is Hekker and the kicker's name is Greg Zuerlein aka "Greg the Leg".
(Quote) David-562122 said:

The punter is Hekker and the kicker's name is Greg Zuerlein aka "Greg the Leg".
--hide--
My bad!!! You are correct, Dave!! So that gives the Rams two advantages. biggrin shhh

Oct 6th 2012 new

Here is another one that occurred with a friend who played for the N.Y. Giants and then the Washington Redskins. When he was a rookie and had come out of USC he was a fullback the Giants drafted. At this particular time Fran Tarkenton (hall of fame quarterback) had been traded to N.Y. by the Minnesota Vikings. (he later ended up back at Minnesota and I believe finished his famed career there) By my friend's own account (I didn't meet him until he was 50) he said he was on the sidelines and had not been in a game yet. However this particular game N.Y. was definitely in control and then Coach Allie Sherman said, "Get ready to go in" My friend was so excited he hurriedly ran out on the field and into the huddle where Tarkenton and "crew" were waiting. He said he leaned in and Fran said, "You doing okay kid?" He nodded vigorously. "You excited about playing?" And "C" responded again with a vigorous nod. Tarkenton then smiled real big and said, "Well.....you might want to go back and get your helmet"!laughing (where in front of 65,000 fans he trotted back to the bench mortified... to retrieve his helmet. He said even Coach Sherman was dying laughing!) Anyway, "C" scored his first T.D. in that game.

Posts 141 - 150 of 200