Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.
Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael
Because the stock market is open on Columbus Day, it means no day off for me!
Ditto for me too! What a strange industry. We get Good Friday off, but no Columbus Day.
I work in health care too, Elizabeth. My daughter is home for a long weekend, a break from college, and Monday is just another work day for me as well. Today I spent some time walking with a friend, saw a lovely heron and ducks at a local greenway. Then jumped in the car and drove to Charlottesville, VA, a lovely town steeped in history and the ghosts of Thomas Jefferson and Edgar Allan Poe. What a beautiful fall day! Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.
- Today --> spent the day doing a whole lot of nothing ... well, I rested (which I needed) and caught up with emails, Facebook, CM, etc.
- Tonight --> will be going to Eucharistic Adoration
- Saturday morning --> a bit of housekeeping cutting it by 9:00am, to ready-up for...
- Saturday afternoon --> The COLUMBUS ITALIAN FESTIVAL ; I'll be meeting with a friend before noon , to go together to the festival (now, why is it that CM doesn't have an emoticon of an italian flag or even a pizza slice?
- Saturday night --> ... hummm... no plans yet; any good suggestions?
- Sunday --> Attend Mass, grocery shopping, some reading & relaxation
- Monday --> I'm off from work but I'm going to the office to catch up with work.
:rose: :theheart: :rosary:
Came to Austin to visit my sister and her family. Mom and I shopped a little this morning while my sister and the kids were at work/school. Took my sis-in-law's dad to his dr. appt, and went for a bike ride with my niece. (She gave me pointers on how to go uphill w/o getting tired :)
Tomorrow will be another lazy day; no specific plans except to spend time together . . .and maybe grade a little for my online classes.
Sunday head back home after Mass and back to work on Monday.
Ya'll have a great weekend!
Kathleen-878558 said: I have a lot of local activities:
- Tonight = wine tasting party w/Malbec and Vouvray
- Saturday = potluck dinner
- Sunday = gathering after Divine Liturgy (~Mass)
- Monday = picnic at St. Benedict Abbey - http://abbey.org
Phew! I feel blessed to have friends in all these different areas of my life.
In between everything, I will be taking walks and continuing with my fall cleaning, I hope. :)
Take two ....I keep forgetting about Columbus Day (and the Canadian Thanksgiving. ) :)
Thank you for remembering our big holiday on Oct 8. Its Thanksgiving! So to everyone:
take Monday off and celebrate Thanksgiving along with us.
OH I GET IT NOW.. Bens...well Benz would do but lets shoot for Beemers.
Marian, I think I already bored you with my Beemer joke.
I missed the beemer joke. Where?