Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Did anyone else cringe?

Oct 6th 2012 new

abcnews.go.com

Did anyone else read this story and cringe? Certainly not judging her - we all must make our own decisions on this life journey we're on. But it saddens me that some girls may hold her up as a role model, both of beauty or success or whatever, and then also think, "oh wow, she's got God, too, so everything she does must be ok!"

In today's culture, where modesty is dying quicker than a non-blu-ray DVD player, how do we teach young women to value their beauty and their bodies with modesty, to help them see that by doing so they are glorifying God for His creation and helping young men to walk with more virtue, when people like Jenny McCarthy are talking about their great success & wonderful Catholic background....and their baring all for anyone's viewing?

It was wonderful to read how she helped her parents, and how she cares for her son. It just makes me so sad to see our faith broadcasted this way when the media is already anti-Catholic.

What are your thoughts?

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: abcnews.go.com.
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

abcnews.go.com.

Did anyone else read this story and cringe? Certainly not judging her - we all must make our own decisions on this life journey we're on. But it saddens me that some girls may hold her up as a role model, both of beauty or success or whatever, and then also think, "oh wow, she's got God, too, so everything she does must be ok!"

In today's culture, where modesty is dying quicker than a non-blu-ray DVD player, how do we teach young women to value their beauty and their bodies with modesty, to help them see that by doing so they are glorifying God for His creation and helping young men to walk with more virtue, when people like Jenny McCarthy are talking about their great success & wonderful Catholic background....and their baring all for anyone's viewing?

It was wonderful to read how she helped her parents, and how she cares for her son. It just makes me so sad to see our faith broadcasted this way when the media is already anti-Catholic.

What are your thoughts?

--hide--
Even though you just posted this 2 hours ago, the link isn't valid any longer. Under the circumstances, it's difficult to comment. Perhaps you can check the link or find the article elsewhere. It would be helpful.

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Even though you just posted this 2 hours ago, the link isn't valid any longer. Under the circum...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Even though you just posted this 2 hours ago, the link isn't valid any longer. Under the circumstances, it's difficult to comment. Perhaps you can check the link or find the article elsewhere. It would be helpful.

--hide--

Try again, Ray. I fixed the URL int he hyperlink.

Note to posters: when pasting a URL on CM (forum, message, etc.) there must be at least one space or a new line (i.e., Enter) immediately following the URL. When a punctuation character such as a period (in this case) or semicolon is placed at the end of the URL it will be included in the link, which will not resolve.

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Try again, Ray. I fixed the URL int he hyperlink. Note to posters: when pasting a ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Try again, Ray. I fixed the URL int he hyperlink.

Note to posters: when pasting a URL on CM (forum, message, etc.) there must be at least one space or a new line (i.e., Enter) immediately following the URL. When a punctuation character such as a period (in this case) or semicolon is placed at the end of the URL it will be included in the link, which will not resolve.

--hide--
Thanks, Jerry. It worked this time!!! (Although we would be better off without the article ever being written.)

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Thanks, Jerry. It worked this time!!! (Although we would be better off without the article ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Thanks, Jerry. It worked this time!!! (Although we would be better off without the article ever being written.)

--hide--

Agreed! "Jesus was my Bieber"??? eyepopping boggled

Oct 6th 2012 new

I did not know much or anything about her before this. I think she has th makings of someone who could come around and hopefully be dedicated to God again. The way they portray religion in this piece is terrible. She really looked overdone in the old photos but looks normal now. I don't know what to think, but she has made a living... sad

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Ray-566531 said: Thanks, Jerry. It worked this time!!! (Although

Quote:
Ray-566531 said:

Agreed! "Jesus was my Bieber"???

--hide--

That was the worst or one of the worst parts. Terrible.

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Ray-566531 said: Thanks, Jerry. It worked this time!!! (Although

Quote:
Ray-566531 said:

Agreed! "Jesus was my Bieber"???

--hide--

IT's bad... It is painful to see the attitude and her overdone explanation of that stuff. The video says she became disillusionewd with her religion while living in Hollywood. Hollywood is all about sex. Which is why she was paid so much for the photos. I feel sad. when I contemplate her having to do this and having to resort to this. A lot of women have done this, and in this economy I have heard worse on the news.....

Oct 7th 2012 new

Thanks, jerry!

Oct 7th 2012 new

She's an idiot.

Why pay attention to her?

She also promotes anti-vaccine paranoia.

Posts 1 - 10 of 23