Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Many times when I get together with my girlfriends we end up talking about what we want in a guy. I recently received this website link in my email from a relative and I thought I would share it because it has some really good information in it. The article provides guys some really good tips on how to persue the woman they are interested in getting to know more about. I know the article is geared towards men, however women could also learn from this. I know I have. Feel free to leave comments so we can all learn from each other. The website is listed below:

www.devinrose.heroicvirtuecreations.com

10/04/2012 new

Thanks for sharing the article, Sondra, and thanks for your first post to the forums!

I agree that women can learn from the article, and would love to see a similar article geared towards women. However, I can envision a lot of backlash if women were told to brush up on "womanly skills" or to dress better. There seems to be an unfortunate double standard that exists where men are told to act more manly, but women are allowed keep the status quo. I guess that means I should scour the internet for articles that prove the contrary! laughing

10/04/2012 new

I'll am eagerly awaiting Mr. Rose's follow-up, "Single Catholic Ladies: Put Yourself Out There and Look Approachable!".

Seriously, not all of us live in areas where Mass is teeming with single Catholic women waiting to be approached afterward. I sometimes go months, if not years, between sightings of post-collegiate women sans rings at Church.

10/05/2012 new

Sondra- This is wonderful! Thank you!

10/05/2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-872788 said: Seriously, not all of us live in areas where Mass is teeming with single Catholic women waiting...
(Quote) Patrick-872788 said:

Seriously, not all of us live in areas where Mass is teeming with single Catholic women waiting to be approached afterward. I sometimes go months, if not years, between sightings of post-collegiate women sans rings at Church.

--hide--

Perhaps we shoud institute spinster receiving-lines at church exits. They wouldn't do me any good, though, because by the time I took my place in line most everyone would be out of the church or too busy scarfing down doughnuts.

10/06/2012 new
Good article! We need to put our best foot forward and be ourselves. All of us experience rejection but that's part of life. We can't let rejection discourage us. We can't attract everyone. Yes, manners, dress, and conservation are very important. 3 of those things need to come into mind and be practiced. Having a good frame of mind and attitude will attract popularity. Be positive and it will attract the right kind of attention.

Thanks for sharing Sondra! wave
10/06/2012 new
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: Thanks for sharing the article, Sondra, and thanks for your first post to the forums! I agree ...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

Thanks for sharing the article, Sondra, and thanks for your first post to the forums!

I agree that women can learn from the article, and would love to see a similar article geared towards women. However, I can envision a lot of backlash if women were told to brush up on "womanly skills" or to dress better. There seems to be an unfortunate double standard that exists where men are told to act more manly, but women are allowed keep the status quo. I guess that means I should scour the internet for articles that prove the contrary!

--hide--

Yes, how you dress says a lot about you. Having good manners is important too. crossfingers
12/28/2012 new

The article says I should brush up on car and home repair, learn how to smoke a pipe and make beer and iron my shirts. I already know some of this. Should women brush up on cooking skills and learn how to wear better makeup? Not sure what to make of this blog.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8