Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Has anyone else from "the old days" done this? Everything looks so different, and it seems most of the old gang is on facebook, but I thought perhaps it might be nice to get back in here a bit and see what/who is new. eyebrow

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Veronica-146135 said: Has anyone else from "the old days" done this? Everything looks so different, and it...
(Quote) Veronica-146135 said:

Has anyone else from "the old days" done this? Everything looks so different, and it seems most of the old gang is on facebook, but I thought perhaps it might be nice to get back in here a bit and see what/who is new.

--hide--
Hi Veronica,

I had not heard about any break-up between you and Sasquatch. Not all outdoors men are what they seem to be. wave

John

Oct 6th 2012 new

Welcome back, Veronica! There are at least a few of the old faces still here.

Oct 6th 2012 new

LOL, I just went back through your post history from four years ago, at least what's left of it, to see the forumite names and numbers from "the old days". I few familiar names, if not faces. Every once in awhile someone from the past re-surfaces, and we other old timers always enjoy seeing a number or two closer to our own, welcome back!

Oct 6th 2012 new

Sasquatch - wow - haven't thought of that in a while. Hi John and Jerry - I remember you!! Michael, hi! I have to browse your stuff to see if I remember you as well, but thankls for the welcome back! As for old threads - a few of the missing ones were yanked. laughing

Oct 6th 2012 new

Well golly - can't remember how to view forum history!! I do remember though, because of the Duluth, MN. Funny how we associate folks with their locations in here.

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Veronica-146135 said: Well golly - can't remember how to view forum history!! I do remember though, because of t...

Well golly - can't remember how to view forum history!! I do remember though, because of the Duluth, MN. Funny how we associate folks with their locations in here.

--hide--

their locations, and sometimes their member numbers, too... it was scary, I went to a CM event in Colorado last year, and I kept referring to the others by their first names and numbers, they just all stared at me like I was an oddball or something eyepopping rolling eyes laughing

click on the number next to their angel to see their post history, or enter their number at the bottom of the page to "view member's posts"...

Oct 6th 2012 new

Oh yeah!! The only event I attended was CM NOLA, but it was wonderful. Met so many great folks!

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Veronica-146135 said: Oh yeah!! The only event I attended was CM NOLA, but it was wonderful. Met so many great folks...

Oh yeah!! The only event I attended was CM NOLA, but it was wonderful. Met so many great folks!

--hide--

I wish I would have gone to that one, I still hear people talking about it. I only started going to events a couple years ago, and I've had a great time at each one of them. I figure I've met well over 100 CMers at events in Orlando, San Antonio, Rocky Mt National Park CO twice, and the Milwaukee/Green Bay area three times. It's a great way to get off the computer and meet new friends, and maybe even somebody special.

Oct 6th 2012 new

Yes - I wanted to go to the Seattle event recently, but they required that everyone know everyone, and the guy I was dating (Catholic, but not CM), didn't know anyone, so we were not allowed to attend.

Posts 1 - 10 of 16